Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm Confused.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> MPEG Editing / DVD Creation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KDAWGSPARKS
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: I'm Confused. Reply with quote

Ok, I was able to transfer shows from my replaytv to my pc. I downloaded revue and supposedly cleaned up the files.

Now I'm trying to import these files into a program called Windows Movie Maker. It keeps giving me the following message.

"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Videos\Local_Guide\Part 1 of 2.mpg could not be imported. An interface has too many methods to fire events from."

So then I tried importing it into Ulead Video Studio to edit and it just freezes. My goal is to make edits and possibly add music and all that jazz. I'd love to edit what I have, but I can't get things to work. What do I need to do without spending a dime?
wmjoel
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds to me like your file didn't get cleaned up with reVue like you think it did, because I've seen that same error message when trying to load unconverted mpgs into windows movie maker.

Are you getting a new mpg file out of reVue with "RTV" or "CLN" added to the original mpg's name?

Here is what should work for you:
1) download show from replaytv to PC using DVarchive. You will get a set of files with various extensions.
2) open the show with reVue (File/open video...). You do this by selecting the *.evt or *.ndx file. It will start playing automatically, so hit the pause.
3) in reVue, select file/create new video. A menu window appears.
4) Select "Cleaned MPEG (for DVD authoring)" in the output format. I also un-check the "remove temporary files when done" box.
5) Hit the "Create" button. It will take a few minutes to process then you will have a new set of files which are the cleaned ones. They should be the same name as your original file except will have "CLN" and "RTV" in the name.

Ulead Video studio should be able to open the new mpgs. Windows movie maker also (at least one of them, the one with RTV instead of CLN).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> MPEG Editing / DVD Creation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: