Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with Replaytv and Voom

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nero536
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:40 am    Post subject: Help with Replaytv and Voom Reply with quote

I recently bought a Replaytv 5500 from CompUsa. I have Voom as my satelite service. I called replayTv and they do not support Voom. So, I turned to the next best thing the internet.

My conection:
Charter cable
Linksys router

I have downloaded:
Microsoft's .Net 1.1 framework
SQLite
WiRNs 1.1
Subscrition Data Direct

I conected replay to my router via hardwire. I installed the router per the devices instruction and it shows to be working properly.

I started WiRNS in DOS. I opened internet explorer and typed in http://127.0.0.1:8923, which brought me to the setup screen for Wirns. This is were I get in trouble. WiRNS asks for WiRNS IP and DNS Server were do i find them.

How do I reconfigure a static ip, DNS1 and DNS2

When do I use SQlite and NET 1.1 Framwork.

My Repaly does not see my internet conection. Also do I need to have a subscription Replaytv.

Please help, I am very new at networking.
waynethedvrguy
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:05 am    Post subject: Re: Help with Replaytv and Voom Reply with quote

I called replayTv and they do not support Voom. So, I turned to the next best thing the internet.

Nero536 wrote:
I recently bought a Replaytv 5500 from CompUsa. I have Voom as my satelite service.

My conection:
Charter cable
Linksys router

I have downloaded:
Microsoft's .Net 1.1 framework
SQLite
WiRNs 1.1
Subscrition Data Direct

I conected replay to my router via hardwire. I installed the router per the devices instruction and it shows to be working properly.

How do I reconfigure a static ip, DNS1 and DNS2

When do I use SQlite and NET 1.1 Framwork.

My Repaly does not see my internet conection. Also do I need to have a subscription Replaytv.

Please help, I am very new at networking.
Quote:

Quote:
I called replayTv and they do not support Voom. So, I turned to the next best thing the internet.

WiRNS is THE best thing on the internet. Why, I heard that kjac and Al Gore invented the internet just so Gore could get WiRNS listings for the Canadian parliamentary channel.

Quote:
I started WiRNS in DOS. I opened internet explorer and typed in http://127.0.0.1:8923, which brought me to the setup screen for Wirns. This is were I get in trouble. WiRNS asks for WiRNS IP and DNS Server were do i find them.

Have you read the installation instructions? Did you set up an account at DataDirect?

Start with that and keep going. When/If you get stuck, someone here will help you out.

Regards,

Wayne
mgillette
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem you are having is the IP for configuration. use your "wirnsip" for config when using the console (dos) eg "http 192.168.2.XXX"

The ip you are using seams to only respond properly when using the service method.
waynethedvrguy
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the initial setup, it doesn't matter if it is the 127.xxx.xxx.xxx or the 192.xxx.xxx.xxx .

He didn't read or follow any of the install instructions. That was the problem.

Regards,

Wayne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: