Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Non Replay Time Zone

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alman
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Non Replay Time Zone Reply with quote

I live in Atlantic Canada, and thus can't proxy a US Zip code in the same time zone. I noted that there is a time offset feature in WIRNS, but can't figure out how this works, or whether it will even allow me into fooling replay to give me listings in local time.
________
indica strains

Last edited by alman on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
waynethedvrguy
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alman:

Read the install docs on WiRNS. Then follow the directions about creating a DataDirect account. Once that is done (including selecting the provider, channels, postal code and time zone you are in), install WiRNS (follow the install directions carefully).

Time zones will not be an issue. You will select the provider which you created et voilą!

You will be good to go with the latest build.

Enjoy. Merry Christmas.

Regards,

Wayne
alman
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Non Replay Time Zone Reply with quote

Wayne

Did all that, but everything is an hour behind, as there is no US time zone that matches the Atlantic zone. Replay needs a zip code and the closest is the 04619 from Calais Maine, but they are EST (GMT-5). (AST is GMT -4).

I thought maybe the time offset would allow me to fool replay.
________
starcraft II replays

Last edited by alman on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:20 am; edited 1 time in total
waynethedvrguy
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alman

I know that there are guys in Bermuda who use RTV's with their local cable provider as a choice. I didn't here of a timezone problem. However, there must be... because the timezone is set in the RTV. If the time is not right for them, there must be a workaround.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Maybe one of those guys can shed more light here.

Regards,

Wayne
cliffcor
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking for making the guide service wrk in your case with local OTA or Cable, you may have a problem that requires some kind of program change. If your service provider is a Satellite, you may be OK, as the hours on the screen will be wrong, but the guide should be synch'd up with the satellite service guide.

Cliff
waynethedvrguy
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffcor wrote:
If you are looking for making the guide service wrk in your case with local OTA or Cable, you may have a problem that requires some kind of program change. If your service provider is a Satellite, you may be OK, as the hours on the screen will be wrong, but the guide should be synch'd up with the satellite service guide.

Cliff

Cliff: It seems to me that we had this discussion way back when on AVS and I couldn't find it in any of the WiRNS threads. However, even if he has digital cable, he should be okay (but an hour off on his receiver which doesn't affect the recordings.

Regards,

Wayne
cliffcor
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne,

I remember it too. I have a non-local time zone for some of my listings, and it works fine. I think he will be ok (other then local OTA).

Happy Holidays Wayne!
Cliff
waynethedvrguy
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffcor wrote:
Wayne,

I remember it too. I have a non-local time zone for some of my listings, and it works fine. I think he will be ok (other then local OTA).

Happy Holidays Wayne!
Cliff

Come to think of it, there are a couple of guys in Halifax using RTV's. Hope they chime in here.

Happy Holidays to you and yours, too, Cliff........ and all the other RTVers out there.

Regards,

Wayne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: