Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WiRNS 1.2.x
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheDreamer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbolen70 wrote:
NetBoot wrote:
rbolen70 wrote:
NetBoot wrote:
WiRNS 1.3 RC9

Just two things.

1) [2005-02-02 00:48:07] Processing guide information for: Tue Feb 15

But the search stops at Mon Feb 14

2) Any chance of grouping them by day?

Thanks! Great Work!!!!

Great idea. Please put this in the requests thread...

Any idea about my first comment?

Yeah. I'm looking at #1.. but it's not breaking so far...

Was there any data for the 15th?

I used to have mine connected at 2:34am for guide data...but there wouldn't be any data for the 14th day.

But, if I connected again after 8am....I almost always get the 14th day of data....

Kind of annoying with Zap2it making it later and later to get 14 days of data. Was bad enough that I could connect to DNNA after 11pm and get the new day of data, but had to wait until after midnight to get the same from Zap2It.....and now it seems to be even worse.

I used to connect at 00:12 every day....but some mornings I would be missing the 14th day....but staying up to force manual updates to set the cycle was a pain. Then with the force update feature, I first moved my update time to 2:34 and then 5:43 and now 6:42.

It is annoying because I get up at 6:15am......I've only been doing the late connect time since Monday...

Though there was also the need to move the forced update time...to avoid the force update triggering a maintenance reboot while a ReplayTV might be recording.

The Dreamer.
drWaLLs
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the replay that works is a upgraded 5540 and the replay that wont work with the screenshot is a upgraded 5040

i just use firefox for popup blocker but that shouldnt be it if it works for one of them..

its weird because it woked about 3 or 4 versions ago
rbolen70
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDreamer wrote:
rbolen70 wrote:
NetBoot wrote:
rbolen70 wrote:
NetBoot wrote:
WiRNS 1.3 RC9

Just two things.

1) [2005-02-02 00:48:07] Processing guide information for: Tue Feb 15

But the search stops at Mon Feb 14

2) Any chance of grouping them by day?

Thanks! Great Work!!!!

Great idea. Please put this in the requests thread...

Any idea about my first comment?

Yeah. I'm looking at #1.. but it's not breaking so far...

Was there any data for the 15th?

I used to have mine connected at 2:34am for guide data...but there wouldn't be any data for the 14th day.

But, if I connected again after 8am....I almost always get the 14th day of data....

Kind of annoying with Zap2it making it later and later to get 14 days of data. Was bad enough that I could connect to DNNA after 11pm and get the new day of data, but had to wait until after midnight to get the same from Zap2It.....and now it seems to be even worse.

I used to connect at 00:12 every day....but some mornings I would be missing the 14th day....but staying up to force manual updates to set the cycle was a pain. Then with the force update feature, I first moved my update time to 2:34 and then 5:43 and now 6:42.

It is annoying because I get up at 6:15am......I've only been doing the late connect time since Monday...

Though there was also the need to move the forced update time...to avoid the force update triggering a maintenance reboot while a ReplayTV might be recording.

The Dreamer.

I bet that's exactly it. I can force or configure an update for any time during the day with no problemo...
NetBoot
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my next thought... Maybe there isn't any data.

Just wondering what WiRNS processed for the 14th day, if there wasn't any data.

WiRNS log showed it processed something...

I'm gonna set it for 12 days and see what happens....
TheDreamer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NetBoot wrote:
That was my next thought... Maybe there isn't any data.

Just wondering what WiRNS processed for the 14th day, if there wasn't any data.

WiRNS log showed it processed something...

I'm gonna set it for 12 days and see what happens....

Actually, for me, it looks like because there are a couple of stations that are "off air" spanning to midnight...that it creates the illusion that there was data processed for an extra day that wasn't.

The Dreamer.
rbolen70
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only got 1 day for the last few days that I was set to 4:05AM. This morning, when set to 6:05, I got the full update.
rbolen70
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drWaLLs wrote:
the replay that works is a upgraded 5540 and the replay that wont work with the screenshot is a upgraded 5040

i just use firefox for popup blocker but that shouldnt be it if it works for one of them..

its weird because it woked about 3 or 4 versions ago

That's weird... Maybe reboot the replay and see what happens. Once you click on the link, it's a straight shot to the replay. WiRNS only provides the link...
drWaLLs
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried rebooting wirns and replay

no luck

offly scrange...
mgillette
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The guideserver.dll from avs solved the 0 execution problem and I now see 1 time records in the replay guide.

I still have a problem that ony half of the shows in the replay guide will download.

Also the I think the UTF-8 Character set should maybe not be served to the replay only your guide. I not sure if its just me but any show that contains one of these special characters can not be searched or theme scheduled on the replay.
When it serves the non UTF characters a "?" would appear in lieu of the special character. I think replays firmware handles this more appropiately.

Using UTF, If i want to always record any show title "Pokémon" it will not find any results If I select "pok" it will not find any results.

Using reg characters, When the replay was served "Pok?mon" a search "pok" would return results
rbolen70
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mgillette wrote:
The guideserver.dll from avs solved the 0 execution problem and I now see 1 time records in the replay guide.

I still have a problem that ony half of the shows in the replay guide will download.

Also the I think the UTF-8 Character set should maybe not be served to the replay only your guide. I not sure if its just me but any show that contains one of these special characters can not be searched or theme scheduled on the replay.
When it serves the non UTF characters a "?" would appear in lieu of the special character. I think replays firmware handles this more appropiately.

Using UTF, If i want to always record any show title "Pokémon" it will not find any results If I select "pok" it will not find any results.

Using reg characters, When the replay was served "Pok?mon" a search "pok" would return results

Howdy... The reason for the UTF-8 Characters being serverd to the replay is for International users for readability. If you search for "Pokmon", does that do anything? I don't remember, but I think that Zap2it data also serves UTF-8 or the ISO character set which would include the accented characters.

For the download thingy, there was a 2 second timeout for the http client. I've removed that which should fix that.

Thanks for the input!

Ryan
l8er
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't have the ToDo list or Replay Guide in WiRNS for so long, I'm grateful that they're mostly there now. But...I've got one ReplayTV which doesn't have any entries in the ToDo list. It shows the ReplayTV (Enterprise) but doesn't list any data for it.

I tried deleting it and re-adding it under the last couple of builds and now 1.3.0, but it still doesn't show any data for it in the ToDo list. It does have about 5 shows that it records weekly and I can't see a reason for it to not have any data in the WiRNS ToDo list. Thanks.
NetBoot
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double check yourself for typos. Make sure your ip address are correct and also make sure you don't have an ip conflict with any devices. Can yah ping the replays too? Yah might wanna reboot all the replay unit yah have too, just incase.

If your running a DHCP server on your network, yah might also wanna reboot that too. (ReplayTV DHCP bug)

Hope that helps any...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17
Page 17 of 17

Jump to: