Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows XP SP2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfeldmanm
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:01 am    Post subject: Windows XP SP2 Reply with quote

Is anyone having issues running Revue under SP2? I have it up on my SP1 system but can't get it to stop crashing under SP2. It also works great on my W2k system.
docmcse
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not tried it on WinXP SP2 yet, but I would first temporarilly stop the firewall during your tests. If that works, then you need to setup a rule allowing Revue to interact with the network (most likely you can allow it to only run in your local lan only, since it does attempt to connect to DVArchive which is also using the network).
ChipJr3
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too appear to be having problems with XP SP2 and reVue. The program did work on my computer until recently when I bought a new hard drive and loaded my operating system with SP2 and all the other updates.

Anyone know the fix for reVue to work on WinXP with SP2 ???

reVue loads fine but when I go to open a MPeG file downloaded from my ReplayTv the show starts to play and the program freezes and crashes. The computer then displays a error screen and starts to restart. Most of the time the computer restarts and wants to notify Microsoft of the problem which then loads a page about a "driver" conflict but it does not specify which driver.

Any thoughts on this one?
ChipJr3
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I got the fix (at least for my computer)

I neededto update my driver for my video card. I am using a HP Pavilion zt1135 notebook that uses a S3 Graphics Twister Chip ID: 8D01 Chip name: S3-VIA Twister (TM) (380). I went to
http://www.s3graphics.com/drivers.jsp
which gave direction on how to identify the chip
and then to
http://ranger.s3graphics.com/xplib/380xpdrv/
and downloaded a new driver and the mpeg files worked in reVue and the windows media player.

Hope this helps someone !!!
mfeldmanm
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Windows XP SP2 issues Reply with quote

I was finally able to spend time updating my video display card drivers and this fixed my problem with ReVue.

Thanks for everyone's help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> reVue All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: