Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Update to Channel Guide

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GQ
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Update to Channel Guide Reply with quote

My cable provider has added/updated some channels and the updates are now visible on Zap2it. However, my replay still does not show the new channels.

I have checked my Zap2it account and ensured that the new channels are checked off in my lineup. I have also forced an update in WIRNS and from my Replay. I have checked the guide in WIRNS (using the Web interface) and the new channel does not appear there either.

Is there something else I am supposed to do to force WIRNS to update the channel guide?

Thanks,
kjac

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this time you currently have to delete the db and recreate it (unfortunately)

-kjac
GQ
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjac wrote:
At this time you currently have to delete the db and recreate it (unfortunately)

-kjac

Ughh....I was afraid of that...OK, I did that and the channels updated fine. I just deleted the .DB file (actually renamed it) and then restarted WIRNS and re-did the configuration again. Luckily, I did not have to touch the Replay at all.

Just one suggestion, obviously you do not want to have to do this so if there was a way to update the channel guide without deleting the DB that would be best. Another thing which could be useful is to separate the CONFIG of WIRNS from the actual DB so that you can delete one without deleting the other. Another nice to have would be if you could view the ReplayTV config info in WIRNS because the way it is now, once you config the Replay, you can view the settings to see how you configured it.

Thanks for the help.
rbolen70
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GQ wrote:
kjac wrote:

-kjac

Ughh....I was afraid of that...OK, I did that and the channels updated fine. I just deleted the .DB file (actually renamed it) and then restarted WIRNS and re-did the configuration again. Luckily, I did not have to touch the Replay at all.

Just one suggestion, obviously you do not want to have to do this so if there was a way to update the channel guide without deleting the DB that would be best. Another thing which could be useful is to separate the CONFIG of WIRNS from the actual DB so that you can delete one without deleting the other. Another nice to have would be if you could view the ReplayTV config info in WIRNS because the way it is now, once you config the Replay, you can view the settings to see how you configured it.

Thanks for the help.

there is now

http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8827
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: