Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem Importing back to DVA.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edborges
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: Problem Importing back to DVA. Reply with quote

I am having an issue with importing a cleaned mpeg back to DVA so that I can view it on my RPTVs without commercials. I was under the impression this could be done. What am I doing wrong? I am choosing create mpeg for streaming back to RPTVs. Does anyone else have this problem?
jnicholls
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I do it, revue creates 3 files with the letters RTV appended to it. You will also need a .xml file, but you had one originally. So I delete (or move) the 3 files that were used to make the new files then rename the 3 new files without the RTV. Of course you could also rename or copy and rename the xml to match the new revue-created files.

After I did that, DVArchive saw the files and I was able to play them on a ReplayTV. Marvelous!
rodrigt501
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnicholls wrote:
When I do it, revue creates 3 files with the letters RTV appended to it. You will also need a .xml file, but you had one originally. So I delete (or move) the 3 files that were used to make the new files then rename the 3 new files without the RTV. Of course you could also rename or copy and rename the xml to match the new revue-created files.

After I did that, DVArchive saw the files and I was able to play them on a ReplayTV. Marvelous!

Thanks, it works like a charm! Others may benefit by knowing that the files you mentioned need to be in the folder: My documents\My Videos\local_Guide. To find them on Replay press "Replay Guide" (pre-recorded shows) on the remote control, navigate cursor to the left and top of page, then migrate cursor to top-right corner, where it says "This Replay". Move cursor left/right to find DVArchive on your computer. (Note, the computer needs to be on and DVArchive active. To verify connectivity, while watching a show from TV press: 243 Zones; #17 will find other replay units, incl DVArchive.)

PS- Thanks again to Gerry for the remarkable DVArchive program!!!
krkaufman
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once reVue/rtvtools have generated the 3 new files (mpg/ndx/evt), you can use DVArchive's File->Import option to pull them into DVA. You don't *HAVE* to rename the files or create an XML file, beforehand.

The XML file is only needed if you want to skip entering the show info during the Import process -- or if you want to copy the DVA fileset directly into a Local Guide location. (Though Gerry's recent DVArchive 3.2 tips regarding unique Show IDs and using File->Import should be considered if doing the direct file copy.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> reVue All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: