Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ReplayTV official IR code search site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV & Cable Boxes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jleavens
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: ReplayTV official IR code search site Reply with quote

This site wizard can help you get the IR code you need!

http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/support/replaytv/ircodes.asp

If you're still having problems, post a new thread and ask!
tykod
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Sat Receiver Not Listed Reply with quote

Manufacturer - Fortec Star
Model - Lifetime ULTRA
Manufacture Location - Korea
Manufacturer Suppliers - in USA & Canada
Availability - very popular world wide, sold on ebay as well

Respondes to codes set under "TIVO" listed as "PACE" code 200001, medium.

Anyone have a way of getting Replay TV 5040 with lifetime subscription to change channels on this sat receiver using the IR blaster.

Have the code for the tivo if someone can "translate" it for the RTV.

Also unsuccessful getting serial on RTV to work either. Serial on sat reciever responds ok when using pc to update manufacturer's firmware.
Sat required 9 pin - "straight through" serial cable [NOT crossover cable.]

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
EdgarS777
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Need help with IR Blaster Codes Comcast Pace DCSOXu Reply with quote

I tried referring to http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/support/replaytv/ircodes.asp, but it responds with an error message , "Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005' ..." I don't think it's in operation any more.

Comcast is going all-digital in August. No more analog signals. Cable box required to receive anything on ReplayTV. I have the digital cable boxes hooked up to the ReplayTV but I can't find the correct IR blaster codes. Comcast supplied me with Pace Model: DCSOXu Part: C1863447400. This is a small box. The instructions I get say to turn off the digital box, but the DCSOXu has no on/off switch. It's always ON, unless disconnected from its power supply. I tried the default Pace code 237, but it doesn't work (won't change channels). I saw a note that said ,"If a PACE DTA-DC50x unit from Comcast is used a custom code is needed, typically the code for this box is 2009 (the year the box was required)." (a) I have a different Pace model, and (b) 2009 is not in the list of IR codes supplied. The list starts at 0000. There are lots of codes, I dread having to try them all. The codes around where 2009 should be are 1877, 4476, 7000, and on from there. Has anyone got a ReplayTV to work with this model Pace Box? If so, any clue about which IR code I should try will be very welcome.

I am using Wirns with a paid SchedulesDirect subscription. It has been working fine with Analog cable. I can receive digital signals through the boxes, but I can only change channels with the Pace remote control supplied.

Hope somebody can help me!
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to the laho section of this forum and the first sticky there will tell u what to do---d
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the first post with the instructions you are looking for, but read the first post very carefully, and read the follow on posts as well to make sure you uinderstand everything...

Henry
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi--i just did this again today on a new hdd for the tenth time easy as pie. i checked its the same model and part number as edgars777. he copied the mn wrong in his post. i can take a picture of it and pm it to him if necessary. thanx again henry.---d
EdgarS777
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Success with Comcast Digital Reply with quote

I followed the directions I found by your references. Temporarily switch to LaHo by putting 207.58.129.219 for DNS servers. Have Replay call home, and Zones part 11 downloads more IR codes, including 2500, which wasn't there before, and which WORKS with the box I have. I found a few mislabeled channels, which I've reported in the appropriate forum. Switch back to Wirns by saving and restoring Wirns DNS values. So my two Replays now have a new lease on life. They get more channels too.
njj
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Pace DTA model DC50X Reply with quote

Is it still possible to get Comcast codes from LaHo?

I am currently using this Pace DTA model DC50X with the blaster code of 2009 (I had to reimage the hard drive with an image supplied from a friend, since the 0237 code would not work).

I now need to add more DTA's due to Comcast's final roll out next week. This LaHo method seems much easier than cracking the units and reimaging the hard drives again (if I understand everything correctly).

My only concern is about the blaster code for the DC50X model since I am currently using code 2009

Any advice will be appreciated. I am currently using Schedules Direct and WiRNS.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Pace DTA model DC50X Reply with quote

njj wrote:
Is it still possible to get Comcast codes from LaHo?

My only concern is about the blaster code for the DC50X model since I am currently using code 2009

Yep, it's still running (see the instructions at the bottom of this post)! Although, it will load it as code 1982 (the correct code number) instead of 2009...

njj wrote:
I am currently using Schedules Direct and WiRNS.

If you're running WiRNS3, you can simply download the MyReplayZones-v3 package and install that and then your units using WiRNS will update automatically upon the next net connect!

Henry
njj
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Comcast Pace DTA Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Henry!

I think LaHo might be easier than the MyReplayZones you mentioned?

Also, if using either method, what will the effect be on the units currently using code 2009 (nothing I assume?)

Nancy
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Comcast Pace DTA Reply with quote

njj wrote:
I think LaHo might be easier than the MyReplayZones you mentioned?

Well, if you're already using WiRNS3, simply downloading, unzipping, and restarting WiRNS is pretty darn easy! Then you wouldn't have to change your RTV's DNS address(es), so that seems easier. But, that's for you to decide...

njj wrote:
Also, if using either method, what will the effect be on the units currently using code 2009 (nothing I assume?)

While it won't change the code being on the RTV itself, it will probably change it being in the RTV menu, so I think it might basically go away, at least from the menu screen. I think that it might at least continue to work since the file will still be on the RTV, even though you will probably no longer be able to actually choose it. I guess you should let us know what happens, upgrade that RTV and see if it can still change your DTA's channels, and then see if it still shows up in the IR Blaster selection menu...

Henry
njj
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Cannot connect to LaHo? Reply with quote

As I understand the instructions, I believe I do not need an account and only need to change the DNS address.

I changed my (already) manual setting of both the DNS1 and DNS2 address to 207.58.129.219 (per the link) and then selected continue, but I am unable to verify the network and proceed further. I have verified that my internet connection is working and I also enabled the DHCP on my router (which I usually keep disabled b/c of the RTV bug).(The "details" on the failed screen show that the gateway was ok, but not the DNS1 and 2)

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Cannot connect to LaHo? Reply with quote

njj wrote:
As I understand the instructions, I believe I do not need an account and only need to change the DNS address.

That's correct. In fact, you particularly DON'T want an account in this case, not even a trial account!

njj wrote:
I changed my (already) manual setting of both the DNS1 and DNS2 address to 207.58.129.219 (per the link) and then selected continue, but I am unable to verify the network and proceed further. I have verified that my internet connection is working and I also enabled the DHCP on my router (which I usually keep disabled b/c of the RTV bug).(The "details" on the failed screen show that the gateway was ok, but not the DNS1 and 2)

I just checked with NSLOOKUP that everything is operating properly with that DNS address (you can check yourself to make sure)...

I don't think there's any reason to enable your DHCP server in order to make this change. If you run with the server off, you should certainly leave it that way. Enabling the DHCP server will almost certainly cause the DHCP bug unless you are using lease reservations...

Henry
njj
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should have explained that the first time I tried to connect, I left the router settings as usual. When it didn't work, I tried enabling the DHCP but got the same result.

I have now tried 2 other units without success. These are the steps I have followed:

Router settings were left as the normally are (DHCP disabled)

I held the power button down to reset the unit.

I went from Menu to Network and Input Settings to Change Network. I chose Change Manual settings (rather than Change From Manual to Automated) I ONLY changed the DNS1 and 2 addresses. I left my static ip as is, left the Netmask as 255.255.255.0 and left the Gateway as is, which is my router. When I select Continue, it errors out. The detail says the Gateway was reachable but the DNS1&2 were not.

Before I tried the last unit, it disabled the firewall on my router - no success.

I did NSLOOKUP and saw that the server is percdata.com

I assume there is nothing else I am supposed to change? Nothing in Wirns, since I'm bypassing it for the download from percdata?

An suggestions for what I try next?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there was something wrong with the LaHo server, so I rebooted it. Try again...

Henry

P.S. I guess the WiRNS approach would have been easier?
njj
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connected!

Yes, the WiRNS approach certainly sounded easier! You're right!

But for me, I just didn't feel like I knew what I would be doing, and didn't want to mess up my existing set up. I guess I was scared off by the comment in one thread about "being sure to disable NoReplayZones.dll if you have it installed". I wouldn't even know where to look or how to determine that, let alone did I feel like I knew which file I was supposed to d/l etc. and where to put it!

This is, I'm sure, elementary to someone like you and many others. But I'm not all that saavy, just enough to know that I'm better doing what I am comfortable with. I would take the leap if I had to, but in this case, given the choice, the LaHo option seemed straightforward (for me) even though obviously more time consuming.

As always, thanks for your help. Where do I send a contribution for this free update?

Nancy
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

njj wrote:
Connected!

I saw! Congratulations!

njj wrote:
Yes, the WiRNS approach certainly sounded easier! You're right!

But for me, I just didn't feel like I knew what I would be doing, and didn't want to mess up my existing set up. I guess I was scared off by the comment in one thread about "being sure to disable NoReplayZones.dll if you have it installed". I wouldn't even know where to look or how to determine that, let alone did I feel like I knew which file I was supposed to d/l etc. and where to put it!

This is, I'm sure, elementary to someone like you and many others. But I'm not all that saavy, just enough to know that I'm better doing what I am comfortable with. I would take the leap if I had to, but in this case, given the choice, the LaHo option seemed straightforward (for me) even though obviously more time consuming.

I was teasing that the outcome was that it probably would have been easier to use WiRNS instead! I just figured that you already had WiRNS working, so it was actually less variables to add the MyReplayZones plugin (NoReplayZones is in the same folder where you install MyReplayZones) than to have to reconfigure your RTV(s)...

njj wrote:
Where do I send a contribution for this free update?

Glad you got it working! The contribution is that you try the experiments I asked on the RTV that has the 2009 code installed and post what happens. Don't forget to first connect to LaHo and then immediately check if it can still control the DTA. Then, check if the code 2009 is still in your Input settings and in the table. Then I would add that if the first test is successful, that the RTV can still control the DTA, that you reboot the RTV and see if it can still control the DTA. After that, you'll probably want to use code 1982 instead...

But, if you want to make a monitary contribution, Robert posted the information here...

Henry
njj
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After LaHo update, the Pace DTA works fine - changes channels correctly, etc. However, I have noticed that the clock is reporting 10:40 pm when it is now 3:40 pm in California.

After the LaHo verification, I changed my DNS back to WiRNS and rebooted. I have since run a net connect from my laptop and one from the Replay unit. The time on WiRNS shows correctly and is set for PST.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I may have inadvertantly run a net connect with the LaHo settings, before I changed back to my WiRNS settings. I'm not certain. But I did reboot after changing back to my WiRNS settings.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

njj wrote:
After LaHo update, the Pace DTA works fine - changes channels correctly, etc. However, I have noticed that the clock is reporting 10:40 pm when it is now 3:40 pm in California.

After the LaHo verification, I changed my DNS back to WiRNS and rebooted. I have since run a net connect from my laptop and one from the Replay unit. The time on WiRNS shows correctly and is set for PST.

Any suggestions?

P.S. I may have inadvertantly run a net connect with the LaHo settings, before I changed back to my WiRNS settings. I'm not certain. But I did reboot after changing back to my WiRNS settings.

You might have changed something when you were attempting unsuccessfully to connect to LaHo. The RTV only sets its time zone when you change something like your ZIP code. You could use 4-1-1-Zones to see what you RTV's current time zone is set to (I'd be curious to know what it says currently). Anyway, to correct the problem, you use the same instruction as for fixing the DST change from several years ago, that is something along the lines of going into setup into network and input settings, change ZIP code, press STOP to clear your ZIP code, then press back, then select change ZIP code again, reenter your correct ZIP code and press continue to have the RTV connect to get the time zone information...

LaHo will not set your time zone if you don't have a subscription (how could it know your time zone?) so its possible your time zone got messed up somehow in the process of your having problems connecting to LaHo. Anyway, following the DST fix instructions for the RTV should take care of resetting your RTV's time zone...

Please don't forget to try the LaHo update on one of your RTV(s) that has the 2009 update on it to see what happens...

Henry
njj
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Henry,

I have some time today to update my remaining units. However, I can't make a successful connection to LaHo at 207.58.129.219

Does it need to be reset again?

Nancy
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

njj wrote:
I have some time today to update my remaining units. However, I can't make a successful connection to LaHo at 207.58.129.219

Does it need to be reset again?

Apparently so...

Henry
njj
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry, you asked me to post what happened when I downloaded the 1982 code from LaHo onto my unit that was using code 2009. The 2009 code disappeared from the table and the 1982 code is there now. I have 2 other units using 2009 code. Do you think there is any reason to change them to 1982? (if it ain't broke....)

Also, the unit that had the problem with the time being incorrect is fixed thanks to your instructions, but before fixing it when I looked at 4-1-1 Zones it said "last successful connect 11:01 pm (no time zone listed). (you were curious to know)

I have a 5500 unit that can net connect using WiRNS, but cannot connect to LaHo. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your great help.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

njj wrote:
Henry, you asked me to post what happened when I downloaded the 1982 code from LaHo onto my unit that was using code 2009. The 2009 code disappeared from the table and the 1982 code is there now.

That is as I expected (and posted), however, I wanted you to see if it could still change channels (right after the update) even though code 2009 is gone from the list?

njj wrote:
I have 2 other units using 2009 code. Do you think there is any reason to change them to 1982? (if it ain't broke....)

It's up to you. My thinking is that it would be nice if they were all using the same code so I didn't have to worry about which was which and how to get it that way...

njj wrote:
Also, the unit that had the problem with the time being incorrect is fixed thanks to your instructions, but before fixing it when I looked at 4-1-1 Zones it said "last successful connect 11:01 pm (no time zone listed). (you were curious to know)

That's interesting, and implies that the clock got messed up in some way. I'm glad you were able to correct it!

njj wrote:
I have a 5500 unit that can net connect using WiRNS, but cannot connect to LaHo. Any thoughts?

I don't see that any 5500 has attempted to connect to LaHo since the 22nd. If it can connect to WiRNS, then it should just as easily be able to connect to LaHo by simply changing the DNS setting and saving it...

Henry
njj
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry, you wrote: "That is as I expected (and posted), however, I wanted you to see if it could still change channels (right after the update) even though code 2009 is gone from the list?"

I'll try changing another unit with 2009 code. So, you want me to connect to LaHo and try changing channels right after that? before I change the code to 1982? Not sure what steps you want me to follow...

I just tried updating the 5500 unit - it connected to LaHo, so obviously I was doing something wrong!
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

njj wrote:
Henry, you wrote: "That is as I expected (and posted), however, I wanted you to see if it could still change channels (right after the update) even though code 2009 is gone from the list?"

I'll try changing another unit with 2009 code. So, you want me to connect to LaHo and try changing channels right after that? before I change the code to 1982? Not sure what steps you want me to follow...

As I originally posted here and eleborated more here, basically:

hdonzis wrote:
Don't forget to first connect to LaHo and then immediately check if it can still control the DTA. Then, check if the code 2009 is still in your Input settings and in the table. Then I would add that if the first test is successful, that the RTV can still control the DTA, that you reboot the RTV and see if it can still control the DTA.

Thanks, Nancy!

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV & Cable Boxes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: