Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ReplayTV->Womble->DVDAuthor = Not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> MPEG Editing / DVD Creation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diver90
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: ReplayTV->Womble->DVDAuthor = Not working Reply with quote

First, thanks in advance for any help you can provide. Per the subject I am trying to go from a ReplayTV .mpg to DVD. Here is the logical sequence:

1) From ReplayTV to PC using DVArchive (No problems works great)

2) Open the .mpg file in Womble and do a system stream convert to MPEG-2 program stream (No problem)

3) Open the resulting .mpg in DVD-Author -> Get an invalid file format error.

Now, you can't go directly from the ReplayTV .mpg to DVDAuthor either so it appears that I'm doing something wrong in Womble. If you have a suggestion, please be as specific as possible.

Other notes: I have tried both high and medium quality on the ReplayTV.

My platform is Dell 2.8GHZ P4, Windows XP Home and 512Meg of RAM.
mabar1
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7257

Check out my post at the above link. I posted what I was able to do to figger it out! There is also a link I reference that takes you to AVS forums. I posted there and got some great replys.

I can help further if you need it... I probably don't know much more than you, but I really was impressed with r-tools!

Mabar1
diver90
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a cure!

Womble provides two different tools MPEG Wizard and MPEG2VCR. I was using MPEG Wizard and switched to MPEG2VCR. Once there all I had to do was open an MPEG file and save it back out using the default of MPEG-2 Program Stream and everything worked fine. Go figure.

Thanks for your help.
twokatmew
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange, I've been using Womble's MPEG Video Wizard without any problems. I edit out commercials and save out to a new file. Takes only a few mins and works great. I like the interface better than MPEG2VCR.

Margaret
Abini
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Video Wizard also, I've been using it for several weeks now, well worth the $100.
rodrigt501
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Womble Vs reVue/RTVTools Reply with quote

The "Sticky: Top Resource list" at the top of this "Planet Replay Forum Index -> MPEG Editing / DVD Creation" includes instructions for using reVue/RTVTools. While I have not ventured beyond simply eliminating comercials (and generating a new/clean mpeg file), both programs are free and easy to use.

Comments anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> MPEG Editing / DVD Creation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: