Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Increase 14 day maximum guide data limit?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tirebiter
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:22 am    Post subject: Increase 14 day maximum guide data limit? Reply with quote

Along with my replays, I also use Windows Media Center (another excellent service that is being killed off). Recently the guide data service from Microsoft stopped updating properly and they're not in a big hurry to fix it.

It turns out that some enterprising people have taken WiRNS' cue and built an alternative service to provide the WMC guide data (it's called epg123). Of course it uses Schedules Direct (who got a few thousand more subscriptions last week).

With epg123, the program guide in WMC is 21 days long. I wonder if WiRNS would also provide 21 days if the configuration on the Guide Data screen allowed it. And if it did, would Replays and DVArchive also support 21 days of guide data?
mlloyd
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Re: Increase 14 day maximum guide data limit? Reply with quote

tirebiter wrote:
Along with my replays, I also use Windows Media Center (another excellent service that is being killed off). Recently the guide data service from Microsoft stopped updating properly and they're not in a big hurry to fix it.

It turns out that some enterprising people have taken WiRNS' cue and built an alternative service to provide the WMC guide data (it's called epg123). Of course it uses Schedules Direct (who got a few thousand more subscriptions last week).

With epg123, the program guide in WMC is 21 days long. I wonder if WiRNS would also provide 21 days if the configuration on the Guide Data screen allowed it. And if it did, would Replays and DVArchive also support 21 days of guide data?

IIRC, the Replay itself will not accept a longer guide.
Has a Replay 5xxx

"There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't"
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The SD-JSON service (used by EPG123) and SD-DD (used by WiRNS) use different Gracenote data feeds. The older SD-DD feed only has 13 effective days.

It would take a rewrite to switch to the SD-JSON source... not worth it IMHO.. plus data over 7 days (not to mention 20) isn't very accurate.
tirebiter
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmeden wrote:
The SD-JSON service (used by EPG123) and SD-DD (used by WiRNS) use different Gracenote data feeds. The older SD-DD feed only has 13 effective days.

It would take a rewrite to switch to the SD-JSON source... not worth it IMHO.. plus data over 7 days (not to mention 20) isn't very accurate.
Hi Guys,

Sorry for disappearing after this question. My work life suddenly blew up after I sent it and I forgot to check back.

I wasn't necessarily keen on a 3 week guide. I just liked what epg123 did for WMC. It's nice to be able to peek ahead even if it's not accurate.

Thanks for the explanation on the SD-JSON vs SD-DD services. I plan to look into that stuff in more detail when my current forest fire of a project calms down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: