Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comcast Expanded Line-Up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 4000/4500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
travisc
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Comcast Expanded Line-Up Reply with quote

Comcast has recently expanded their line-up into the 1000-1999 range, effectively duplicating their existing channels but grouping them by category (Broadcast/Entertainment/Science/Premium/etc).

It occurs to me that this might be a preferable way to look at my channel line-up, but I cannot seem to figure out how to expand my channel line-up past Ch. 999. I know that it can handle four-digit channels in practice because I used to have my STB line-up from 000-999 and my analog cable line-up from 1002-1099 back in the day. However, I cannot seem to find the way to get my ReplayTV channel guide to see channels above 999.

I have confirmed my Schedules Direct line-up to include the 1000+ channels. I have confirmed that WiRNS also has 1000+ channels available as well in its Channel Guide.

Does anyone have an idea what I may be missing. I have a pair of 45xx style ReplayTVs.

Thanks,
Travis
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I can see that being a problem. I think the ReplayTV expects a single input to go up to 9999. It bumps by a thousand for a additional inputs.

Maybe Glenn can work on a way to remap in WiRNS/Laho.
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Comcast expansion is a real pain. Even with Comcast boxes, if you add a favorite channel to a list, it ads both the original number and the +1000 one. I would rather not have them at all, so if they are going to load into our lineups, I will be preventing them from sync.

I can see the problem with RTV, though, since, like you said, the 1000s are for additional lineups. Please let us know what you end up doing so we can keep Comcast from ruining out RTVs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 4000/4500 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: