Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do I get past Quick Setup screen?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
734jeant
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: How do I get past Quick Setup screen? Reply with quote

I recently had to replace the drive in my ReplayTV. How do I get past the Quick set-up screen and into setting so that I can manually configure IP, etc.?
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the Laho Forum (here at Planet Replay). There are two posts about games you can play to get past initial setup. Will work for WiRNS as well.
mlloyd
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: How do I get past Quick Setup screen? Reply with quote

734jeant wrote:
I recently had to replace the drive in my ReplayTV. How do I get past the Quick set-up screen and into setting so that I can manually configure IP, etc.?

I just replaced a drive a couple of days ago. I don't have that problem since I use an image that's already set up.

As to your problem, cause a DHCP failure by booting the Replay with the ethernet cable disconnected (this can take longer than a normal boot). Then the Replay allows you to enter the addresses manually.
Has a Replay 5xxx

"There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: