Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why are 2 machine names in red?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
734jeant
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Why are 2 machine names in red? Reply with quote

I'm looking at the main WIRNS screen and 2 of the 4 machines I have show their names in red.

Can anyone explain why this is, and how to fix the problem?

If I could attach an image I could show you a picture of my screen but I can't see how to do that either.

Thanks,

jeant
rlichtefeld
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Why are 2 machine names in red? Reply with quote

734jeant wrote:
I'm looking at the main WIRNS screen and 2 of the 4 machines I have show their names in red.

If I could attach an image I could show you a picture of my screen but I can't see how to do that either.

Thanks,

jeant

If you are talking about the Status screen, where it shows the plugins that are loaded, the configuration and then the list of the replays and when they were last updated, then I think have the answer.

The colors that I see (but I am color blind) are green, black and red.

Green indicates that WiRNS has recently updated its guide data, and the Replay has recently connected to WiRNS. So everything is good to go.

Black indicates that the data is a bit out of date

Red indicates a problem.

Check the Last Net Connect dates/times of the Red Replays, and I'll bet they are before the Guide Refresh Completed date/time on that screen.

To get them back to green, make sure the WiRNS has recently updated. The date of the last connection should be under the Configured Replays. If that is recent, then force a connection for each Red Replay. You can do this on the Configuration > Replays menu on WiRNS.
734jeant
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Why are 2 machine names in red? Reply with quote

rlichtefeld wrote:
734jeant wrote:

Thanks,

jeant

If you are talking about the Status screen, where it shows the plugins that are loaded, the configuration and then the list of the replays and when they were last updated, then I think have the answer.

The colors that I see (but I am color blind) are green, black and red.

Green indicates that WiRNS has recently updated its guide data, and the Replay has recently connected to WiRNS. So everything is good to go.

Black indicates that the data is a bit out of date

Red indicates a problem.

Check the Last Net Connect dates/times of the Red Replays, and I'll bet they are before the Guide Refresh Completed date/time on that screen.

To get them back to green, make sure the WiRNS has recently updated. The date of the last connection should be under the Configured Replays. If that is recent, then force a connection for each Red Replay. You can do this on the Configuration > Replays menu on WiRNS.

The date and time for all machines are in green.

The machine "name" itself is in red.

By "Forcing a connection" do you mean a "net connect" or a "reboot" because I've tried both, with no effect.
mlloyd
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are 2 machine names in red? Reply with quote

Quote:

The machine name is in red when WiRNS can't contact the Replay. This my mean that the Replay isn't responding and needs to be rebooted. You'll need to go to the Replay since WiRNS doesn't even see it. There could also be a network problem. I have found a loose connection to the switch built into my router (defective cable end).

I'm not sure just when WiRNS resets this, but it works if you restart WiRNS after fixing the problem.
Has a Replay 5xxx

"There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't"
734jeant
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Why are 2 machine names in red? Reply with quote

mlloyd wrote:
Quote:

The machine name is in red when WiRNS can't contact the Replay. This my mean that the Replay isn't responding and needs to be rebooted. You'll need to go to the Replay since WiRNS doesn't even see it. There could also be a network problem. I have found a loose connection to the switch built into my router (defective cable end).

I'm not sure just when WiRNS resets this, but it works if you restart WiRNS after fixing the problem.

Thank you for clarifying this. I'm suspecting my router is the problem. When I tried to login to the router website, it won't go there.
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its red all the time and the net connect date dont chane theres trouble, mostly it goes away next time wirns refreshes just rebooting the rtv helps
734jeant
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srfrdan wrote:
if its red all the time and the net connect date dont chane theres trouble, mostly it goes away next time wirns refreshes just rebooting the rtv helps

The net connect date changes and is green. It's just not the same time as the other 3 machines. It's the machine name that stays red.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: