Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting past Quick Setup - SOLVED!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rlichtefeld
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 3:27 am    Post subject: Getting past Quick Setup - SOLVED! Reply with quote

I had a few power glitches this morning at home, and one of the UPSs that I had a RTV plugged into didn't do it's job. So, for each glitch/brownout the RTV and CableBox would both power off.

After coming back on and having it's power cut repeatedly, my RTV is now on the Quick Setup screen. I select Ethernet, and it attempts to connect for 2:00 minutes and gives an error that "Your ReplayTV did not get a response from your name server".

However, If look at the Details button it shows the correct IP address for the RTV, and my gateway, but doesn't have WiRNS as the DNS server, it has my gateway.

How can I get past this to set the correct IP addresses for my WiRNS as the DNS server?

I've searched and think I remember there are buttons you can press to bypass this or Quick Setup, but I can't find the button sequence, and have tried everything I can think of on the remote.

Adding more information.
WiRNS can see the RTV, and can even do Remote Control and Net Connect.
The other RTVS can see and play shows from the RTV stuck on Quick Setup.

Last edited by rlichtefeld on Sat May 28, 2016 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total
rlichtefeld
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it!

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?postid=4170574#post4170574

On the initial Quick Setup screen type 3-8-2 Zones, and it will take you to the Factory Reset screen. PRESS EXIT.

Then, when you get back to the Ethernet and you get the error, when you press back you can get to the Manual settings.

Rob
rlichtefeld
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that got me past the Quick Setup, but I can't change the Manual Ethernet settings to see my WiRNS server. I set them, and then the RTV goes to verify and comes back that I need to Try Again.

When I look at the Details, it shows that my WinRNS machine is reachable, and when I look in the WiRNS log this is what I see:

[5/27/2016 18:16:54] [DNS] Returning 192.168.1.92 for production.replaytv.net to 192.168.1.35
[5/27/2016 18:17:21] [PLUGIN] LoginLogout Skipping Login (SetupPing, attempts: ) for 192.168.1.35

I did rename that authcmds.example to authcmds. and restarted WiRNS, but that didn't seem to help.

Thanks.
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on w8 u need to manually open the firewalls for wirns install
rlichtefeld
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiRNS is running on a Win7 box, and I have turned off the firewall to see if that was the issue. WiRNS has been running on this machine for years, and the other 3 RTVs are working fine, connecting to WiRNS, etc.

It is only this one RTV that had power cut and then rebooted several times and went into Quick Setup. The ethernet port is working, since I can see that RTV from the others and from WiRNS.

Rob
rlichtefeld
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this issue! It was the DHCP server on my router. Found the info here:
http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17102

During Quick Setup evidently, if it finds a DHCP server, it will try to connect using the Automatic Settings - and will not use the Manual settings.

By, turning off the DHCP server, the RTV tried to connect, but when it errored out, it gave me a chance to enter the manual settings - and it uses the manual settings. After entering them, it connected to WiRNS in just a few seconds.

And, I'm currently doing a Net Connect to my WiRNS.

Thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum! This kept my wife thinking I'm a bright boy.

Rob
mlloyd
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rlichtefeld wrote:
Found this issue! It was the DHCP server on my router. Found the info here:
http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17102

During Quick Setup evidently, if it finds a DHCP server, it will try to connect using the Automatic Settings - and will not use the Manual settings.

By, turning off the DHCP server, the RTV tried to connect, but when it errored out, it gave me a chance to enter the manual settings - and it uses the manual settings. After entering them, it connected to WiRNS in just a few seconds.

And, I'm currently doing a Net Connect to my WiRNS.

Thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum! This kept my wife thinking I'm a bright boy.

Rob

Instead of turning off the DHCP server (which affects the whole network), you can start the Replay with the network cable disconnected. Don't forget to reconnect it after you get the manual settings screen.
Has a Replay 5xxx

"There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't"
rlichtefeld
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: