Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can Perc Data users use more than one listing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ejcor1949
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:46 am    Post subject: Can Perc Data users use more than one listing? Reply with quote

Is there anyway that a cable provider listing and a OTA listing be combined? So we could have both, for example: a regular Cable TV listings with OTA channels added. It would be nice for people that use both. I use both, there are a lot of OTA channels I can not get on my Comcast cable system.
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so.. have you tried it? OTA normally shows up as "digital cable" since there needs to be a DTA.
ejcor1949
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To make myself clear on what I asking. I already have a digital cable lineup of Comcast for my EPG. Comcast does not have all my OTA channels on their system here. I have a Tivo with a cable card to receive the digital cable channels from Comcast. I also have a outside roof antenna to receive the OTA channels, and there are a lot that are not on the Comcast system. The Tivo lets me view both, OTA and digital cable. I'm mean for example: 15-1, 15-2, etc. Is there a way I can load a OTA (for my local channels) into the Comcast EPG that I get from Perc Data? Like some kind of merge/edit?
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know that with RTV, you can load two different listings and they merge into one large listing. One of the listings ends up in the 1000s (like channel 2 would be 1002). When there was still analog, I used to merge the analog channels and the cable box into one big list. I think the biggest issue with current OTA is that they use sub-channels. I have no idea how RTV deals with sub-channels, but I am sure someone else knows. If you can get the RTV to control the sub-channels, then you can merge the listings.
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other comment. If you are using LaHo, then you can have more than one listing added there too, and they both get transferred to all of you RTVs. I have not played with this, so I don't know how the RTV presents the multiple listings.
ejcor1949
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like what I'm trying to do. Yes, I using LaHo with Perc Data. I will check it out. Thanks!
ejcor1949
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to add another channel lineup on my Perc Data account. And I edit it to just add 2 channels: 15-1, 15-2. I then did a "connect to Replay (LaHo) service", but when I checked the EPG on the RTV, I do not see the 2 new added channels (15-1, 15-2 ). I wonder how you access them??? Does anyone know how to switch between 2 lineups? I thought that they would just merge.

sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should all be there, but like I said before, they are one after the other. Not using Perc, the second was in the 1000s, so you could check for 1015 and see if it works the same way with Perc.
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I communicated with him via email...

Didn't realize this was the guy connecting a ReplayTV to a Tivo as a cable box. (which also appears to have an ATSC antenna input)

While the ReplayTV and LaHo supports multiple lineups, they have to be on different inputs. He's using his Tivo for both.

What he wants to do *may* be possible via a custom WiRNS lineup, but it will be difficult.
The Robman

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you split the output of the Tivo and connect it to two separate inputs on the Replay?
ejcor1949
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I could Y the output of the Tivo, but you just told me that the Replay can not send the dash in their IR codes.(15-2) Too bad. I guess I can't do it. Thanks for your input.
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does the Tivo map ATSC stations to a different number like the ReplayTV does for different inputs?
ejcor1949
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not get what you are asking. The Tivo uses the standard sub-channel format, such as 15-2, 15-3, etc. for OTA channels. On my EPG for the Tivo it shows both Digital cable tv listings with the OTA listings on the same EPG screen. (Tivo supplied EPG)
The Robman

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried experimenting with the Tivo to see if there is any other way to tune to a sub-channel? For example, if you add leading zeroes, would 051 tune to channel 5-1?
ejcor1949
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried your idea and what the Tivo does is change to channel 51. I am now looking for another possible OTA converter box that will work with the Replay, one that does not need the dash. Do you know of any? If you do what brand and model?
The Robman

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This link has all the compatible boxes that I know about.
http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17062

If you do decide to get a CM-7000 box, you might want to have jhagen replace all the caps first as these boxes will definitely fail.

See this thread for more info...
http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17139
ejcor1949
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2016 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered a RCA DTA800B1 DTA box off of ebay. I should get it by Monday (5-23-16). I will let everyone know how it goes. I hope I am lucky with it as some people were. I know about the heating up problem. I have read on Amazon, in one of the customer reviews, if you stand the unit up vertically it seems to keep it cool and working without the heating problems that a lot of people are reporting about this box. I guess we'll see.
ejcor1949
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got my RCA DTA800B1 DTA box today in the mail. It was listed as New on ebay. But the unit had 2 dead batteries in the Remote and the unit was setup for Spanish on all menus. To top it off it didn't come with a user manual. GREAT! NEW???? Anyway, I was able to download the user manual online and do a factory reset, which let me setup the menus for English. The good news it seems to work OK, and the great news it does work with the Replay as stated in other post on this forum. I used the 7911 IR code and it changes to the sub-channels it's so KOOL!!! I have it going into line input 2 and now the Comcast cable and the OTA EPG are COMBINED!!! The sub-channels show up as 1151 for 15-1. Now I am happy!
ejcor1949
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a correction to make on my last post. After updating my EPG on Perc Data, to include all the OTA channels I can receive, I discovered that some worked with the 7911 IR code and a lot didn't work. So I tried 392 IR code and now all the channels and sub-channels work correctly. So, a RCA DTA800B1 DTA box using IR code 392 with a Replay is the way to go!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: