Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Replay 5080 issue with Replay Guide from 2nd unit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 5000/5500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Berry
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:41 pm    Post subject: New Replay 5080 issue with Replay Guide from 2nd unit Reply with quote

I acquired a brand new out of the box 5080 and set it up, activating it through Perc Data (LaHo). It is assigned a fixed static IP address and now has Wirns as the DNS with Schedules Direct. Channel Guide is correct for OTA in my zip code. It is my new Living Room unit. I do have a second Replay in the bedroom. I also am running DVArchive on my server. Problem with the new unit is viewing the guide data from my Bedroom unit and DVArchive. It shows the other Replay correct as the Bed Room, but lists no shows (Bedroom has 63 shows). It shows the DVArchive unit, and lists only 7 shows (it has 135 shows). The Bedroom unit functions properly as does the Replay listings in DVArchive. Not sure what to do. Any ideas?
The Robman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's certainly a unique problem. Do the 7 shows that are listed for DVA actually play? Are there any shows on the living room unit yet, and if so, do they display and play properly from the bedroom RTV?
Michael Berry
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is yes and yes. I haven't a clue what to do.
Michael Berry
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also found that the channel guide data on the Replays themselves, from Wirns and Schedules Direct is incomplete. The OTA Chicago area channels look okay logging onto Schedules Direct website, and appear to match viewing it through Wirns on my computer. But on the Replay's end it is missing channels, noticeably the various sub channels. Not sure how to correct that either.
The Robman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that the problem is unique to the one RTV unit, I would suggest doing a factory reset and starting over.

Regarding the digital sub-channels, I think I know the answer for that, but it's not something I have ever had to do myself. I assume you are using a stb like the CM7000 or something to convert the digital channels into analog for the Replay, and that the box is one of those where you can enter something like 0301 and have it tune to channel 3.1, is that correct? If so, what you need to do is re-map channel 3.1 to 0301

WiRNS > Configuration > Edit Remap File

I'm in Chicago too, whereabouts are you?
Michael Berry
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I tried a factory reset, it did not change. Since it was a brand new Replay out of the box and was activated through LaHo it doesn't have any software updates. Don't know if that matters. I do have another brand new unopened Replay coming at the end of the week. I plan on activating it and seeing if it has the same problem.

As far as the Wirns channel listings go, I would have thought the Replays would mirror what I see from Wirns on my computer screen. I now have both Replays pointed back to Laho until I figure out what the problem is.

I am in the northwest suburbs, just north of Elgin.

Thanks.
The Robman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a brand new unit, I'm guessing the firmware is quite old and of course, neither WiRNS nor LaHo is serving up firmware upgrades. Do you know how to re-image a hard drive for Replay? I think your best bet now is to re-image the drive with build 144a and see if that fixes it.

Here is my write-up on how to image a drive:
http://wiki.wirns.com/index.php/RTVPatch

I'm in Wilmette, btw.
Michael Berry
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly is build 144a?? Does this contain the latest software updates?
The Robman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, build 144 was the last one released by ReplayTV themselves and build 144a is a patched version where the only difference is that it doesn't block CA and IVS in 55xx units.

There are links to the drive image and the RTVPatch program in the wiki article above.
Michael Berry
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, thanks. Got them both. Sometime in the next couple of days I am going to take the second new unit out of the box, activate it through LaHo and see if it duplicates the problem. If so I will image that drive and see if that fixes it.

As far as the Wirns and Schedules Direct line up, not sure what to do. Wirns only shows one channel per station when Laho shows multiple channels per station depending on how many sub channels there are. I have cell phone pics which illustrate it better, but don't see a way to upload them.

Thanks.
The Robman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these really are NIB units (in which case, where have they been all this time?), I would strongly recommend that you re-image both drives as the firmware is almost certainly way out of date.

As for handling the sub-channels, as I've never done it, I hope someone else can help, but I would recommend starting a new thread with a better subject line in order to get people's attention. But you should also search the forums both here and at AVS to see if people have documented how they handled it.
Michael Berry
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, lol these are brand new Replay units in never been opened boxes. I have a long time friend who was big into Replay's and stockpiled them years ago. He offered me two new 5080's which I took. I will let you know if re-imaging solves the problem.
Michael Berry
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, re-imaged the drive with build 144a and that corrected the problem. Now the Replay correctly sees all the shows on my computer and on my bedroom unit. Rob - Thanks for your help!
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Berry wrote:
Okay, re-imaged the drive with build 144a and that corrected the problem. Now the Replay correctly sees all the shows on my computer and on my bedroom unit. Rob - Thanks for your help!

Wow, good to know it worked. Btw, I don't suppose you made a note of what build was on the machine originally did you? Maybe, before you re-image the 2nd unit you can take a look.

Are you going to start a new thread about the sub-channels? Because, I'd like to see where that discussion goes.
Michael Berry
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, didn't think to look. I will when I open up the box with the other unit. And yes, I will start a thread about Wirns and sub-channels. Really like to make it work, LaHo is great but rather save a few bucks. Also like to figure out why I can't bring a tv guide up in DVArchive. Can't find a zip code to enter that works.
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael Berry wrote:
Also like to figure out why I can't bring a tv guide up in DVArchive. Can't find a zip code to enter that works.

Ah, I know the answer to that one too, it's not a question of entering the right zip code. There's a quirk in DVA where you have to do things in exactly the right order to make it work. I don't recall the exact steps but will try to find them, unless someone else posts them first.
The Robman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the answer, in DVArchive, do the following navigation:

File > DVArchive Properties > TV Guide (tab)

1. Fill in the "proxy" IP and check the "Use Web Proxy" box.
2. Quit the program.
3. Restart the program again.
4. Navigate back to the TV Guide tab
5. The box will probably no longer be checked. Check it again.
6. Quit the program.
7. Restart the program again and all should be good.

Source:
http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=41357#41357
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 5000/5500 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: