Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide #2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn1963
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That exists on the ToDo page.

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
mlloyd
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cliffcor wrote:
One thing to check is under configuration / replays, that you have selected your lineup so Wirns knows what guide data to serve to the Replay.

Cliff

Once, all of mine (lineup settings under configuration / replays) got reset (I'll probably never know why). The Replays were not affected, but wiRNS "channel guide" would not work.
Has a Replay 5xxx

"There are only 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't"
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I think happened to my settings too. I think it was because I changed out the second network router and put a switch in and had to put different Ip addresses in the replays. When I did the scan it found new replays so deleted the old ones and all the settings I know I have to figure out how they were before. Just about like starting over as today I noticed when I manually watched and down loaded the channel guide it did not go to replays so I had to do the 243 zone net connect on each replay to get it updated.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have a problem trying guide to go back to the replays. Last week I took out the old 2nd network router that they were plugged into before and put in the switch that they are plugged into now then router. I put different IP address in and put gateway the same as the router. I did the scan and found them. On SD configuration. I clicked update and watched it count down all the days then it showed Ready to intercept/proxy ReplayTV requests on the last line and went to look and they did not update so I did the 243 zone on each replay and watched it do it in WiRNS that way. About 2 hours after I shut computer off I also noticed both replays rebooted to at the same time.I must still have something not checked or unchecked somewhere. Anyone know where else to look or what I'm doing wrong?
The Robman

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzbergie, sending you a PM
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clik post reply back to you on pm in inbox but I don't know see where it went. Did you get it or see it or did I not do right? I didn't see it after I did that from in box pm
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, I just replied to your todays pm a while ago
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzbergie wrote:
I clik post reply back to you on pm in inbox but I don't know see where it went.

Messages that have been sent but not read are in your Outbox, and messages that have been read are in your Sentbox.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob I sent you pm about what you want to do
The Robman

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had forgotten that you leave your WiRNS machine off most of the time, so I don't think I can help.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't think leaving on 24/7 is a good idea for computers just to get the channel guide. I was going to turn on when it gets working right at about the time it gets the channel guide and leave on for a few hours to do. Thank you for all you help so far on this Rob.
The Robman

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzbergie wrote:
I just don't think leaving on 24/7 is a good idea for computers

We're just going to have to agree to disagree on that one. I have always left my desktop computers on 24/7 and I've never had one fail on me. PCs typically become obsolete much faster than their components can fail.

Just FYI, most WiRNS users will have their WiRNS PCs on 24/7, just like their Replays, because they have offloaded many shows onto the PC and then want to stream the shows back to the Replays. Plus, as we're also IVS users, we need the PCs on so people can send us shows and so we can send shows to other people.

Even if you have replaced the hard drives on your Replays, it's unlikely that you have a drive larger than 250GB in it, and as they only take IDE drives, replacements are hard to come by, whereas you can get a 2TB SATA drive for under $50 to add to your desktop for shows, which has 8 times the storage.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I posted something here but don't know where it went. I mayhave put on wrong one page. How can I find my older posts? like the ones that I have posted before or maybe I can't
The Robman

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the search link at the top of this page, enter your id in the "Search for Author" box and then select "Display results as:" Posts
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. On my WiRNS configure page I have my WiRNS IP address on left and on the top right is shows DNS server DNS IP: 65.32.5.111 Your screen shot showed it to be http://192.168.0.1 That looks like router IP address Should I change it to that number?
The Robman

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2016 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one on the left (WiRNS IP:) is the IP address that you have assigned to WiRNS, so it will typically be something like 192.168.0.??. The one on the right is the DNS server, so that's the address of your router, so that is typically 192.168.0.1
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one on the left now shows the address I made static. one on top right WiRNS gave to me when I did setup. So should I should put the the top right to the top left and router on right DNS server DNS IP192.168.0.1 ? I can do that monday so I make sure it works that way if that is what it should be
The Robman

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you type the WiRNS IP address into a browser* it should take you to the WiRNS control panel, so that's how you can verify that.

In my case, it's this: http://192.168.0.14

If you type the DNS IP address into a browser*, it should take you to your router's control panel, so that's how you can verify that.

In my case, it's this: http://192.168.0.1

* when on your home network, with the WiRNS PC on
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay I will do thanks
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone looked at WiRNS debug.log today? I'm notice downloading from Schedules Direct on a few days may 19 may 20. I just did it again and watched it on Wirns livelog viewer part of it shows

[5/19/2016 16:26:19] Validating 10938 schedules from SchedulesDirect for: Fri May 20
[5/19/2016 16:26:55] Downloading guide information for: Sat May 21
[5/19/2016 16:27:55] There were problems connecting to SchedulesDirect. WiRNS will retry in 60 seconds.
debug.log shows

[5/19/2016 16:27:55] Error while downloading Schedules Direct listings (download): The operation has timed out
[5/19/2016 16:27:55] There were problems with the SchedulesDirect content: No response

after I update WiRNS I asked Robert at SD today and he said he did not hear of anythng so maybe it's just mine and I updated the WiRNS then tried it again and same thing but not as many errors in debug which I just posted
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had DNS IP: 65.32.5.111 on top right as that is what WiRNS first gave me aso I put my router 192.168.0.1 on top rignt of WiRNS configuration. On the replay configuration I have the net connect unchecked. I did a manal update and viewed the live viewer and when it got done I went and checked the two replays and they did not update. I had to do the manual 243 zone on each of them. What do you I could still have wrong? I looked at screen shots and look okay to me.
The Robman

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't have both IPs in the top right, so which is it?
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the top right I took the one out and put in 192.168.0.1.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see WiRNS shows all recorded shows that are on replays A few nights ago I recorded a show and forgot to write it down. The I way I have to find is look a every recorded show one by one. If WiRNS showed by a date that would be nice. I just want to find the shows that were recorded on May 21 and May 22. Can recorded shows be found by date recorded on WiRNS somewhere?
The Robman

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you're looking at. Take a look at the screen shot of the WiRNS Replay Guide in the wiki page below. There you'll see that the "A Good Man Goes to War" show was recorded on 2011-06-11 at 5pm. Is that not what you are looking for?

http://wiki.wirns.com/index.php/Tools:Replay_Guide
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that is similar to what I'm looking foron WiRNS I'm looking for the one that shows all my recorded shows on my replay Is there a way you can search them by date? I want to see if I can see what I reorded on May 22 or May 23 I'm looking at tool replay guide and that shows I tried to find on IE 8 by 3/22/2016 and it shows when they will be on TV not in my guide or am I in the wrong place here on WiRNS? Thank uou for all you help.
The Robman

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an example of me searching for "2/27/2016" in my Replay Guide and it finding the show "American Masters" that was recorded on that date. Does this not work for you?

zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

)n 2/27/2016 mine brought up 100,000 Cameras Daytona 500 which I recorded. It is working now, before it was bringing up many different shows thst were on tv. I just did 5/22/2016 and found the show that I did not remember recording. I see we can delete from here to. Above the red delete I see a green d l later. Does the mean if I push on that one it means delete one later?
The Robman

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D/L is short for Download, that button schedules a recording to download to WiRNS later. Remember, most of us record a bunch of stuff and then download it to WiRNS to free up space on our Replays. The largest drive in my Replays is 250gb, whereas I have a 2tb drive in my WiRNS pc for shows.
Glenn1963
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
that button schedules a recording to download to WiRNS later.

Use Configuration->WiRNS to set the scheduled download time.

There is also a check box option to always just download all new shows, so you don't have to mark them individually. It will download a show only once, even if you don't delete it, or do delete the downloaded copy.

Finally, under the Administration menu there is a "Start Download Queue" entry, which will immediately start the download of all shows marked for Download Later, rather than wait for the scheduled time. There is also a "Stop Download Queue", which will pause processing the rest of a remaining queue, and not kill the current download.

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: