Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide #2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide #2 Reply with quote

split from the original thread:
http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16858

I called Replaytv on Monday July5th and 3 times this week and today he said they are aware of this problem and are working on it. I can't even change zip code, getting error. How do I get wirns? Is that threw schedules direct?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Replaytv not working Reply with quote

zzbergie wrote:
I called Replaytv on Monday July5th and 3 times this week and today he said they are aware of this problem and are working on it. I can't even change zip code, getting error. How do I get wirns? Is that threw schedules direct?

Read the simplified setup guide here: http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15928...

Henry
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:21 am    Post subject: WiRNS 3 Reply with quote

I down loaded the WiRNS 3.0 from Wirns but it says beta. Is this the right one. I always thought beta ones are in testing stage. I also did not see how to register on WiRNS site. If someone can helpl, thank you
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: WiRNS 3 Reply with quote

zzbergie wrote:
I down loaded the WiRNS 3.0 from Wirns but it says beta. Is this the right one. I always thought beta ones are in testing stage. I also did not see how to register on WiRNS site. If someone can helpl, thank you

Yep, it's not really very active, so it has never been totally released. However, it really isn't any different than any other version of WiRNS, which you wouldn't know without knowing the history of WiRNS...

However, if you download the Beta version, then you need to do an upgrade immediately after you've installed it. If you download the Nightly Build, then it will simply perform the upgrade for you...

You can read more about the installation here: http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15928...

Henry
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

I can't find the setup instructions on WiRNS I see ones but not for this. Can someone post a link for me. I got the WiRNS for Dummies but it says to Read the instructions at WiRNS.com and keep them handy. I would appreciate it as I can't stay on here long because I have Vertigo and try to little at a time.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

zzbergie wrote:
I can't find the setup instructions on WiRNS I see ones but not for this. Can someone post a link for me. I got the WiRNS for Dummies but it says to Read the instructions at WiRNS.com and keep them handy. I would appreciate it as I can't stay on here long because I have Vertigo and try to little at a time.

Go to the WiRNS.com website and click on the Installation link on the left-hand side menu...

Henry
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

I just got done installing WiRNS for the first time. I followed Dummies Instructions and update guide and it says Guide Update Completed: in red and In Progress is still in red after 30 minutes I have not configure Replay units yet as that was the next step after I guess I see here. What am I doing wrong?
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

I also notice bottom of wirns configure user name say wirns in red and password is wirns in red. Do I have to put my own user name and my own password it this one
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

I restarted MY xp and now WiRNS is in red and when I select channel lineup it say failed. Can please help me , I don't know what I did wrong so far. I haven't even got to the other steps after update guide. Plus the Wirns says WiRNS password on Bottom of the WiRNS is in red with WiRNS password also red.
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you sign up and choose a lineup at Schedules Direct? The username/password should be for SD. (not email address.. unless email address is your username)
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

Friday and I've still not got this done the channel guide says failed I keep getting red WiRNS and now it won't let me get to the configuration. it has been all grayed out. I tried update then got update errors. I read the dummies and WiRNS instructions and don't know what I'm doing wrong. I uninstalled it for now until maybe I can get some phone support as my Vertigo gets me reading. Is there any other way? I would appreciate it very much if someone could help me by phone. I'm might be getting to old for this.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

zzbergie wrote:
Is there any other way?

Maybe you'd want to consider using the LaHo service: http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15943, which is a pay service which basically replaces using ReplayTV for your guide data. You just pay a subscription fee and the LaHo group does all the work for you! Check it out on PercData: http://www.percdata.com/, and you get complete support from them!

Henry
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

I installed the WiRNS.3.Latest.Build. and followed the directions and the guide has been in process for over a hour now. I haven't config replays untill this shows the time. Why is it taking so long? It has my ip address on right side config replays then in the WiRNS configration it has DNS IP: 65.32.5.111. below that line it has WiRNS IP: Is mine The first one DNS was on the list when I first installed it gave 3 choices I think and instructions said choose the first one on the list so I did. What should I do? Thank you. I know is is suppose to show the time when finshed then next step is to config the replay units. pm me if you can help thank you.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

I installed WiRNS.3.Latest.Build. the the channel guide has been saying in progress for almost 2 hours now. I followed the instructions. I'm on step updating the guide. WiRNS ip is te same as mine then at the begining is said choose the top on which I did and says DN servie is 65.32.5.111 Is that correct? I know it say I could use my router gateway numbe but left it like it was. I have Vertigo and can't be one here long. Can someone pm me and help me this? I would appreciate it very much.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

zzbergie wrote:
I installed WiRNS.3.Latest.Build. the the channel guide has been saying in progress for almost 2 hours now.

Please post your WiRNS log and debug.log for examination...

Henry
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

hdonzis wrote:
zzbergie wrote:
I installed WiRNS.3.Latest.Build. the the channel guide has been saying in progress for almost 2 hours now.

Henry

[7/21/2015 01:46:05] There were problems with the SchedulesDirect content: Missing schedules
[7/21/2015 01:47:06] There were problems with the SchedulesDirect content: Missing schedules
[7/21/2015 01:48:07] There were problems with the SchedulesDirect content: Missing schedules
[7/21/2015 01:49:07] Guide Update error: System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
at WiRNS.DataDirectData.GetData(Boolean replayStyle) in c:\CVS\WiRNS3\WiRNS\DataDirect\DataDirectData.cs:line 130
at WiRNS.WiRNSMain.DoGuideUpdate(Boolean replayStyle) in c:\CVS\WiRNS3\WiRNS\WiRNSMain.cs:line 2107
[7/21/2015 01:49:36] IsReplayAlive(192.168.0.4): timed out, trying again
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

zzbergie wrote:
hdonzis wrote:
zzbergie wrote:

Henry

[7/21/2015 01:46:05] There were problems with the SchedulesDirect content: Missing schedules
[7/21/2015 01:47:06] There were problems with the SchedulesDirect content: Missing schedules
[7/21/2015 01:48:07] There were problems with the SchedulesDirect content: Missing schedules
[7/21/2015 01:49:07] Guide Update error: System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.
at WiRNS.DataDirectData.GetData(Boolean replayStyle) in c:\CVS\WiRNS3\WiRNS\DataDirect\DataDirectData.cs:line 130
at WiRNS.WiRNSMain.DoGuideUpdate(Boolean replayStyle) in c:\CVS\WiRNS3\WiRNS\WiRNSMain.cs:line 2107
[7/21/2015 01:49:36] IsReplayAlive(192.168.0.4): timed out, trying again

OK, this is something that Robert Eden can look into. It might be as simple as you didn't configure your SD lineups properly. Did you configure any lineups in your SD account?

If you had posted more of your log, I could see what lineup information was coming out of your SD account...

Henry
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:28 am    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

I will check with Robert I noticed my event view said the debug.log was blank until I run it again when you asked for it. I noticed when I first time after I installed WiRNS and run the updated my event viewer showed two in red. event viewer event id 7000 7/20/2015 3:27:13 PM

The WiRNS service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
event id 7009 7/20/2015 3:27:13 PM
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the WiRNS service to connect.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert asked if you could run this command: http://schedulesdirect.org/getdata and post the results here...

Henry
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

That is all the debug.log had in it after I run it a few minutes. It is blank now I'm letting it update guide again now says since 12:03pm. I know it won't complete as I let it run yesterday for about 2 hrs then stopped it. It has another log that shows most everything from yesterday. wirns.log.20150721012950
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

Its has a long list of data to you want it all? Fetching 30 seconds of data from SD-DD server
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

zzbergie wrote:
Its has a long list of data to you want it all? Fetching 30 seconds of data from SD-DD server

Yes, post it!

Henry
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:11 am    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

I don't see it on here. Did it post?
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

I posted it and I don't see it. It now has been update guide for hour and a half now. I want to make sure Ip is right. I'm using port 80 and passed the test. WiRNS WiRNS IP: 192.168.0.4:80 DNS IP: 65.32.5.111. Now That DNS is one that was in a list when I installed WiRNS. mY config on the right Ip address on top right is mine and correct. Do I need to repost all that data?
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

I do see the WiRNS ip is the same as mine. but the DNS is different so I don't know if that is correct. DNS IP: 65.32.5.111. I'm going to stop update soon as it's been over two hours
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zzbergie wrote:

I was able to check out your SD account, and I don't see any problem with it. However, I would certainly recommend that you edit your SD lineup to only include the channels that you would record with the ReplayTV. You have the entire cable lineup enabled, including on demand, music, etc., so that's really a waste and makes things go a lot slower when accessing SD...

None of your WiRNS settings would impact you being able to download guide data from SD. So, lets get WiRNS all installed first before worrying about anything else...

Because you are getting SD errors, I'm concerned that possibly you really don't have WiRNS completely up to date. I'm not sure if you are browsing to WiRNS or using the WiRNS Monitor, but I need you to choose to update WiRNS either in the Administration menu in the browser or in the WiRNS Monitor menu. If the update says that there's nothing to update, then everything is up to date. But, if it ends up updating WiRNS, then try loading the guide again and see if it doesn't work better...

Henry
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Trying to configure Replaytv units 5000 models Reply with quote

I finally got the guide on my computer now I went and
did the all the steps by the WiRNS Dummies and on the Replaytv unit I just got done changing the DNS to the same as my computer on both bottom lines. When I connected and downloaded guide it said connecting to replaytv, after about 5 minutes it was done my guide is still blank. I do have the cannel numbers in there. Does anyone know what I've done wrong? Do I have to tell my computer to do anythng. I've still got the WiRNS page up with the cannel guide time finished.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:11 am    Post subject: Trying to configure Replaytv units 5000 models Reply with quote

Please pm me if you know what I did wrong or how to do it.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:34 am    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

I finally got the guide on my computer now I went and
did the all the steps by the WiRNS Dummies and on the Replaytv unit I just got done changing the DNS to the same as my computer on both bottom lines. When I connected and downloaded guide it said connecting to replaytv, after about 5 minutes it was done my guide is still blank. I do have the cannel numbers in there. Does anyone know what I've done wrong? Do I have to tell my computer to do anythng. I've still got the WiRNS page up with the cannel guide time finished.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:45 am    Post subject: Trying to use WiRNS to update Replay channel guide Reply with quote

I finally got the channel gude on my computer after a week trying. How do I save it here or does it just stay. I configured one replaytv units and did all the steps but the gude came up blank. I put my Ip address for both server 1 and 2 like it said and when I did the connect it did say connecting to replaytv. Can some one please help me and tell me what I did wrong?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: