Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New IR Blaster codes via LaHo ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject: New IR Blaster codes via LaHo ? Reply with quote

Would it be possible to have a service in LaHo where, if folks need a new IR Blaster code, they can request it (via a process similar to adding channel line-ups, I guess) and then LaHo would add it on their next download?

==================================================================================
This is now basically in place.

See This Announcement for the complete list of custom codes available through LaHo.

Use this thread for discussion or to request a code.

-Glenn (Thanks Rob for allowing me to interrupt your post)
==================================================================================

And of course, if that is possible, there should be a way for the WiRNS users to do it too.

Henry created a process which adds the Comcast DTA codes via Replay Zone 11, but he never documented how to do it, though he did post some info here:

http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16976

I could help with creating the actual codes.
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaHo currently sends one new code. I've wanted to include all we know, including the ones on the bootable CD.

Henry disagreed, and wanted to keep LaHo as close to DNNA as possible.
I'm not sure what Ryan and Glenn's position on it are.

I still planned on playing with it using a test LaHo server, just haven't gotten around to it. I do have a ReplayTV I can test with now, so that's progress.
The Robman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did talk to Henry about this too, his position was basically that he didn't like the idea of somebody (ie, Perc) installing software onto somebody's machine without permission. The only issue I could see with that is if you were to load a new code that uses the same number as an existing code, or a code that the user had added themselves. As long as you are careful not to re-use an existing code, I think you will be fine as anyone with the skills to load their own codes are probably using WiRNS anyway.

How familiar are you with the process if using a Replay Zone? Is it something where we could automate as much of it as possible to make it easy for both WiRNS and LaHo users?
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't looked into it yet... but I suspect WiRNS and LaHo are the same... there was no reason to change that part of the code.

Looking at the files, I think I saw a text file with the HTTP response (including static headers) of the one code that gets added now. I suspect we just add more it to that file.

I also looked a bit at the upload process in the Larson Wiki. Looks like there's no way LaHo would be able to do software updates. The downloaded updates are file replacements, not a disk image transfer. To do it, we would need to know exactly what changed between versions. Just not feasible
The Robman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry was referring to adding IR blaster codes as software updates
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so... they have always downloaded via the zones updates.

http://www.wirns.com/twiki/RnsGetMirror2
The Robman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake, I found the conversation that I was having with him. I was asking about having LaHo automatically make it so that people with RTV5500 units would be able to use CA and IVS.

http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=86596&highlight=#86596

Anyway, back to the subject at hand, if you decide to do something about automating adding blaster codes, let me know if the JP1 group can be of any help.
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

will do!
TakeTheActive
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rmeden wrote:
LaHo currently sends one new code...

Wow! From the length of that 'Initial Connect Pause' at Zone 11, I imagined much more data was being sent. I avoided using Good Will and stuck with using Extra Special Good Will since I only needed the NTP Server help and wanted to minimize my PercData bandwidth usage. But, since I've been forced to use GW, I don't see much of a difference on Net Connects 2-N. Now that I have the new IR Code, is GW basically the same as ESGW?

rmeden wrote:
...I've wanted to include all we know, including the ones on the bootable CD.

Henry disagreed, and wanted to keep LaHo as close to DNNA as possible.
I'm not sure what Ryan and Glenn's position on it are...

Is there a finite amount of space available on each RTV for IR Blaster Codes? Did FlipFlop use all of the available space or could he have added more than the ~11 codes on his CD images?

For me, I wouldn't want unnecessary, for me, codes automatically added to my RTVs. When I had Comcast, I vaguely remember using DVArchive and the Photo Partition and a FlipFlop floppy but doesn't WiRNS have a method to add and / or overwrite a single code without using the Photo Partition? Then again, you're talking about non-technical LaHo users needing a new code. And you talking about a MUCH smaller population. Of the hundreds(?) of available codes on a stock RTV, are any of the companies extinct? Maybe one company could be replaced / overwritten with custom codes. How many requests, besides Robman, have you received? With WiRNS available to accomplish the task, is this something that LaHo even needs to consider?

Tough call...

Do Glenn and / or Ryan have the time / interest to be as involved as Henry was? My apologies in advance if there was a lot of work going on behind-the-scenes that us lurkers were not privy to. It's just that from a lurker's perspective, Henry simply became the voice / coder / spokes person for WiRNS, Extract_RTV and practically everything related to ReplayTVs.
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly don't know the answer to those questions!

(except for the ESGW/GW difference which I just answered in another thread).
The Robman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing about overwriting an existing code was only necessary when you were doing it using extract_rtv, and not adding them using the Replay software. It also saved you from having to add references to the code in several other places.

If you look at Henry's MyReplayZones addon, this adds the Comcast 1982 code, so if you follow all of the files, you will see all the places that he's adding references to it, along with some weird looking checksum type numbers.
Glenn1963
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have started looking at the issue, I am cautiously optimistic (that you will all forget about it).

TakeTheActive wrote:
From the length of that 'Initial Connect Pause' at Zone 11, I imagined much more data was being sent.

LaHo delivers all of the original (I assume) IR Codes that the ReplayTV servers did, which appears to be some 480+ devices.

Quote:
Do Glenn and / or Ryan have the time / interest to be as involved as Henry was?

Nope But who could? That guy was nuts

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
The Robman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at this, one issue down and another already cooking, is this some New Year's resolution or something???
Joey
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: LaHo user here Reply with quote

As a person currently subscribed to the Perc service (and so grateful for it), I would love to be able to have my 5040 control my Insignia OTA converter box. I read in the forums it uses code 2008, but haven't geared up to get the hard drive out and try to figure out how to program in that number. If it was available from you guys, that would be amazing.
The Robman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect that this is the rid file that is needed:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5474
Glenn1963
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added to LaHo the rid file that Rob provided above. It is code 2900, and will also appear in the Zenith Cable Box area as a DTT900.

I have also added the Airbox code 2000 as provided by Rob in response to this thread.

I have no way of testing them, so good luck with that

"I did absolutely nothing, and it was everything that I thought it could be."
The Robman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Glenn!!!
Kepy
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: I'll add the need for IR Blaster codes in LaHo as a Bonus Reply with quote

Looking to add DirectTV IR code 2007.

Seems another selling point if LaHo had IR codes baked in
I am in need of adding 2007 to a second RTV.
I had success adding about 6 months ago using flipflops .iso
I did have to tweak a bit as it seemed LaHo changed DNS and that seemed to have broken FlipFLops util.
at the time Robert advised with success to change a character in the Perc Data Serial number, force Net-Connect - that gets to Goodwill which should revert HostName
That or something of that sort worked.

It's however NOT working now.
There was uncertainty if reverting DNS was stopped suspecting causing issues with people expiring/renewing.

So is there any chance adding the Codes from FlipFlop's Util and 'bake them in' to LaHo service?
puluke
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: I R Blaster codes via LaHo Reply with quote

If you are going to be doing any "baking" any chance of getting the code for Cox Cable Box
Evolution Model # DMS2344UHDS000N11
put on LaHo?

I am using them to watch live ( no fun! ) sometimes, but can not hook them up to my Replay boxes to watch or record with them. luckily I also have Direct TV but not all the shows I would like are on their lineup.

Thanks
Bruce
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

puluke: do you know the rid file for it? Worst case The Robman may need to make one.
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Re: I'll add the need for IR Blaster codes in LaHo as a Bonu Reply with quote

Kepy wrote:
Looking to add DirectTV IR code 2007.

Seems another selling point if LaHo had IR codes baked in
I am in need of adding 2007 to a second RTV.
I had success adding about 6 months ago using flipflops .iso
I did have to tweak a bit as it seemed LaHo changed DNS and that seemed to have broken FlipFLops util.
at the time Robert advised with success to change a character in the Perc Data Serial number, force Net-Connect - that gets to Goodwill which should revert HostName
That or something of that sort worked.

It's however NOT working now.
There was uncertainty if reverting DNS was stopped suspecting causing issues with people expiring/renewing.

So is there any chance adding the Codes from FlipFlop's Util and 'bake them in' to LaHo service?
are u sure u cant use code 1000, its been used on all dtv boxes since 2003ish.
puluke
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what a rid file is but if Rob sends me a PM with his mailing address I can send one of the remotes to him so he can read it.
Thanks for the reply
Bruce
The Robman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have files for both DirecTV D10 and Evolution DTA STBs here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=84

(This is for Glenn and Robert at LaHo)
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
(This is for Glenn and Robert at LaHo)

Actually, just Glenn.. my job is to keep the back-end running. Glenn has LaHo.
Joey
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: Wow! Reply with quote

I forgot to check back, wrongly believing I would get a notification email and look! You guys did magic while I was away! You are truly amazing. Thank you. I need to fine tune the ir blaster so it can handle the subchannels correctly, but it definitely communicates perfectly with the device. Thank you so much!
Joey
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:20 pm    Post subject: Enter Reply with quote

Just for other's reference in case they are having the same issue: In fine tuning in 243 zones on the ir code selection page, I discovered that changing Enter to No fixed the problem I was having where the Replay sent an extra 1 at the end of all the channel numbers.

Thanks again for all your help.
Kepy
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Downloaded on Sat huh?? Reply with quote

Hmmm...I see most recent file download of the files of interest are on 4.26.16 - Sat

RE: The Robman's post about where files are available

I wonder....I wonder if the next LaHo contact might supply my replay with the IR code it seeks.

Any chance that was Glenn?

as I am still fighting with a LaHo subscribed RTV that has connected to LaHo and getting it to happily use FlipFlop's .iso as a VM to run properly in order to get the code on the RTV.
It never shows the Toggled Network and Memory meters to indicate the script started and stopped.
In that Util is an Alt-F6 to show DNS info. That info shows entries related .laho.percdata.com and I suspect that is where my trouble lies.

So I am humbly asking to see if LaHo will incorporate IR code files so as to update RTV's library of codes. Would make for another selling point.
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as rob and i have said late model dtv(d10) boxes and all after use rid code 1000. all u needto upload it is here. http://webpages.charter.net/mamvc
Kepy
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: IR code DirectTV box Reply with quote

I was going from memory as to a D10 DTV box. It may be a D12?

Regardless 2007 is the IR code that is in need as I have two RTV's and notes from of previous settings.
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2016 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, well again , uve been given a way to make the d12, the newst sd box, to work. if u need help let us know. why hold out for 2007 when in an hour or less ur good to go?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> LaHo All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: