Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DNNA Declares Bankruptcy

View previous topic :: View next topic  
upthereinthesky
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: DNNA Declares Bankruptcy Reply with quote

Just received a Debtor's Notice in the mail today.

DNNA has filed Chapter 7.

Guess that's it.

I've already updated my subscription to Schedules Direct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayTV
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one too! I'm really surprised that I got one because I have a Sonic Blue unit, which didn't even come with the lifetime subscription included!

Well, I guess that's cool...

Henry

By the way, I moved your topic to a more appropriate forum...
upthereinthesky
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Henry. I didn't really know where to post it. There's no Legal forum!
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

upthereinthesky wrote:
Thanks, Henry. I didn't really know where to post it. There's no Legal forum!

LOL! Well, you can see all of this type stuff was posted in the "Off Topic" forum previously. It's not really that it's off topic, but it's just a different topic. If it was really off Planet Replay topic, then it would just get deleted!

Henry
ktbos
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:15 am    Post subject: I got one too Reply with quote

I got a letter too. And I also have no lifetime units. I have two that I paid monthly for (for way too long - I'm sure I paid more than lifetime!) a 5080 and a 5504.

So why am I a creditor? What would ReplayTV owe me? I wonder what legal aspect of the non-lifetime unit agreement constitutes making me a creditor? Does that make every ReplayTV owner a creditor? Or only those who have connected a ReplayTV unit to DNNA in some limited window? Some other criteria?
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So who is going so they can try to claim the legacy that we want to care for?
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so glad henry and all u taught me all i needed to keep things going----thanks again---d 😃. no letter yet and had 2 L/T 4ks.
zzbergie
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my letter on Tuesday. I used to pay for mine but after they said they were going to shut down, I think in July 2011 they had that warning everytime you turned them on. Then when they said they were going to keep service running they did not charge anymore.
TheDreamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you go away (from here) for a few years, and find out the world ended without telling you. Though does explain why I got notification of a suit against SonicBlue (i'm probably still owner of record of some worthless shares....that I had largely forgotten about. While I still get occasional reminders that I own worthless SCO stock.)

But things live on, still have some ReplayTVs on my HE rack, along with other DVRs that I've stacked so I can have room for newer additions (should clean out the stuff that's not being used someday....)

OTOH, I own a Marantz receiver that I acquired a year or so ago, that I haven't unboxed yet. Had gotten, since new TV lacks the old inputs...but I really like my old video switcher, where the company that made it is no longer consumer end products. It died a couple months ago, I don't know if my remaining DVRs are actually working and filling up. But haven't gotten a nagios alert that its getting low on space....though I see that one of the units is getting there.

I see that Marantz was bought out last year, though Wikipedia doesn't say what happened to Denon after its merger with Marantz (created D&M Holdings....) Oh that's right....DNNA was spun off from D&M Holdings (now D+M Group) with ReplayTV's IP, but our servers stayed with them.... wonder if they did any refreshes or updates over the years, or did they just run the systems into the ground....

I seem to recall when I was digging into schedule streams or was rddns, that the server was a Solaris box. Where I've got Solaris boxes that are more than 10 years old that are starting to show their age...that I'm wondering if I can keep running or not (which is what got me thinking about ReplayTV...) for another 1-2 years. We were supposed to be Solaris Free by Dec 31 2014. Probably not going to happen t this year either, as the critical pieced that had to be done by July 1 2014....still not done (though partially in production - need to replace our Windows 2003 fileserver before its EOL.)

Looks like ReplayTV will go on forever now. Also interesting to see what there have been no updates to the Poopli updater since I touched it?

I wish I hadn't lost the computer that all my work was on. I had a big uncommitted update that I thought would be wonderful, but its gone and well, so was my desire to recreate it. Since I did also work on WiRNS and very likely others have touched to improve it since. At least it still exists in one for. The downside is I was working on getting functional in the Linux build of the updater....not even sure what it was that I had done....though pretty sure it had something to do with IVS and/or RDDNS. I know I was using a Linux box for progress tracking, though it died a couple generations ago, and I haven't resurrected it after its last meltdown (its powersupply died by going supernova...nice of it to wait to the day I got back from a trip though.)

Did notice an increase in queries for rddns.cc last month....still well with quota for my service plan. Though I do occasional think about moving it to DNS by my cloud service, which charges in pennies...and our usage had been where it would be cheaper....though once things settle it might not be.... But, last quarter of year is my busy time...so I probably won't get around to it in time again.

The Dreamer.
ktbos
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: another letter Reply with quote

I got another letter today:

"YOU ARE HEREBY NOTIFIED that there are assets from which a dividend might possibly be paid to creditors. "
"In order to share in any distribution, a creditor must file a proof of claim with the Clerk of the Bankruptcy Court. Claims must be filed within ninety (90) days after service of this notice."

Given that I don't have any lifetime units, I'm still not sure why I am getting these. But I clicked through to where it told me to and it appears as though I would need to provide proof of being owed something. And for the life of me, I can't come up with what could be considered me being owed something.

So I'm assuming that they just grabbed everybody in some system and sent them the same letter figuring that maybe there is a user out there waiting on something that therefore means money is owed. And the rest of us will shrug and recycle. But if anyone here understands lawyer speak and gets their own letter and has an alternate take on the situation, I'd love to hear it.
jeremycobert
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: I got a letter as well, should I do anything ? Reply with quote

I had 2 lifetime units from SonicBlue 5040's I think. I have not used them in quite a while.

Should I do anything with this claim ?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also got the second letter today...

Henry
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone share the letter and the link for those of us who didn't receive them but should have? I could show proof of ownership, and should be in their system for several lifetime units.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbwinter2 wrote:
Could someone share the letter and the link for those of us who didn't receive them but should have?

It's right here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/27-replaytv-showstopper-pvrs/2072194-dnna-replaytv-declare-bankrupcy-2.html#post36985594 in the AVSForum topic that you are subscribed to. Right below your very last post where you wrote that you didn't receive the letter...

Henry
sbwinter2
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought there were a few different letters, so I wanted to see all of them.

Susan
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbwinter2 wrote:
I thought there were a few different letters, so I wanted to see all of them.

Mine looks just like that one, I've not heard of anyone saying that there's was any different...

And, besides, if there were different letters, how would you know when you've seen all of them?

Henry
rmeden
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing interesting is I've send multiple calls and emails to the Trustee expressing interest in buying something, and and haven't heard back.
nadda
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any bankruptcy lawyers interested in representing a class of purchasers? The notice from the court (link below) says that it is Chapter 7 (liquidation) so maybe no likelihood of future service, but maybe someone would be interested in filing a claim.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/27-replaytv-showstopper-pvrs/2072194-dnna-replaytv-declare-bankrupcy-2.html#post36985594
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: