Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Request a show" page - 4k 5k differentiation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
floatplane
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: "Request a show" page - 4k 5k differentiation Reply with quote

Hi, A request for an enhancement to the "Request a Show" options on the new poopli.com.

After I select my ReplayTV, it would be good if the shows listed were limited to those of the same type 4k/5k as the selected unit. This doesn't appear to be the case currently, so might I get a show I can't play (except streamed onto a computer)?

I have both units and tried to search under "Formula One racing" to get the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix , but got the same selection of three recordings of other races no matter whether I chose my 4k or my 5k unit as the destination.

As an aside, anyone have that race they could share with me?

thanks!
replaytv@volpe.com
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: "Request a show" page - 4k 5k differentiation Reply with quote

floatplane wrote:
Hi, A request for an enhancement to the "Request a Show" options on the new poopli.com.

After I select my ReplayTV, it would be good if the shows listed were limited to those of the same type 4k/5k as the selected unit. This doesn't appear to be the case currently, so might I get a show I can't play (except streamed onto a computer)?

I have both units and tried to search under "Formula One racing" to get the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix , but got the same selection of three recordings of other races no matter whether I chose my 4k or my 5k unit as the destination.

As an aside, anyone have that race they could share with me?

thanks!

The show chooser should only be offering you shows that are appropriately encoded for the "destination RTV" that is specified in the very first listbox - that's why it's inconventiently the first thing you specify. This is pretty much the same way the old poopli worked too except, as I keep saying, the old poopli was much prettier.

I tried your example: when I stick a 4K ISN is the "destination RTV" box and look under "F", I don't see Formula One Racing. When I put a 5K ISN in there, I see "Formula One Racing" with the 3 available episodes but none of them is Abu Dhabi. Bummer!

If you're seeing anything different, maybe you can drop me the details (your userid and the ISN's you're using) by planet replay IM, or email to the address on the "About" page. I'd want to look into that.

Good luck finding the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Maybe in the planet replay "Request a show" forums?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Poopli All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: