Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's poopli.com again!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
replaytv@volpe.com
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: It's poopli.com again! Reply with quote

Archie graciously gave me the poopli.com domain, and as of a few minutes ago poopli.com and www.poopli.com resolve just like poopli.volpe.com does. It's no longer necessary to fiddle/fake your DNS (or install the very latest WiRNS or IVSMagic) in order to have your guide data uploads succeed.

Now we'll see if there are any legacy "Poopli Updater" and WiRNS instances out there that have been trying and failing to upload guide data since poopli went away. Maybe the "martian count" will go way up.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: It's poopli.com again! Reply with quote

replaytv@volpe.com wrote:
Now we'll see if there are any legacy "Poopli Updater" and WiRNS instances out there that have been trying and failing to upload guide data since poopli went away. Maybe the "martian count" will go way up.

Looks like it did!

However, there is still value in using the latest WiRNS as it provides the auto IVS status udpates and also supports the new format emails...

Henry
734jeant
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I tried doing this:

This may be a good reason to consider asking your WiRNS instance to update itself. After updating, you have to go into the IVS Configuration page and enable "Update Poopli with IVS progress".

But, after updating, there was no "Update Poopli with IVS progress" choice to enable.

Is this no longer applicable?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be there. Under Configuration->IVS IFF you have Enable IVSTracker check marked, then you should see additional configurations, Show Send Protection, Update RDDNS with local ISN, and the new one, Update Poopli with IVS progress. If you don't see the first two, then you don't have IVSTracker enabled. If you do see the first two but not the new one, then somehow you don't have the lastest update...

Henry
pdupuis
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:02 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

A shout out to Truckie for his extremely clever way of announing the Poopli.com was back (the domain) by sending me a 1 min show with teh title renamed to an announcement!

Summer work became very busy for me unexpectedly and I have been (not by choice) too busy to check this forum for Poopli developments, so it was a delightful surprise.

I reset a few things yesterday and verified this morning that my shows are showing up in the new Poopli database for others to request.
krkaufman
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: poopli.com unavailable? Reply with quote

Anybody else having trouble accessing poopli.com? (6:41pm Eastern/US)
krkaufman
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again reachable, as of 8pm Eastern/US.
replaytv@volpe.com
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krkaufman wrote:
Again reachable, as of 8pm Eastern/US.

Uh, yeah, the "datacenter" does not have backup power. Sorry! It is back. I guess I'd better "put it in the cloud" soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Poopli All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: