Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IR Code for Motorola HD-DTA100u from Comcast or Xfinity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV & Cable Boxes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eskold
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: IR Code for Motorola HD-DTA100u from Comcast or Xfinity Reply with quote

Does any know the IR Code for the Motorola HD-DTA100u from Comcast or Xfinity? I have been googling around, but can not find a way to make this one work yet. If anyone knows I sure would appreciate it.
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant hurt to try this method http://www.planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16311 -- these dta codes mAy work--- also did u try the motorola codes the rtv has in it.---d
eskold
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know I have to retest all of the codes. I just learned that the box doesn't actually power off, which is the way ReplayTv tests. I will have to go back an retry. Thanks for your response. Erik
srfrdan
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u can use any function to test like channel up or the number buttons---d
eskold
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but you can run through and test them all very quickly by just seeing if it turns off.
eskold
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I tried all of the codes and no luck. All of the motorola codes, both those that replay and those I could find online. No luck so far. I know the box does have rf but it seems to ir too, although I am not sure that is likely. Thanks.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to posts like this one: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,26655492 it should support IR remote control as well, and may even have the IR connector on the back that allows using Gary Gray's cable: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TiVo-to-Comcast-DTA-Cable-/220627222273?pt=US_Remote_Controls&hash=item335e683f01...

Did you try adding the Comcast IR Blaster code that Dan suggested in his first reply? If it's basically a Comcast DTA and supports IR, then it should work by adding the Comcast IR Blaster code...

Henry

*UPDATE* I was able to access the PDF here: http://www.amt.com/images/products//HD_DTA_Motorola_AMT.pdf which shows that it does NOT have the IR connector on the back, so you can't use Gary Gray's cable, which is unfortunate. I also can't tell from that PDF that it does not have an on/off on the remote control, which you can use for the ReplayTV to test the operation. The DTA I have is somewhat similar, and even though it stays on all the time, it still has an on/off on the remote control, and the ReplayTV can control that for testing. So, you'd want to check out the actual remote control to see if it has an on/off button...
eskold
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now tried that new 1982 code. It unfortunately doesn't seem to work either. I was so hopeful.

The remote does have a power button, but if the box doesn't turn off, how can you use that as test? The sign that it is working or not is if the box turns on or off. Or am I missing something? Thanks for your help.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eskold wrote:
I have now tried that new 1982 code. It unfortunately doesn't seem to work either. I was so hopeful.

Well, it was worth a shot, and it may still be that you don't have the IR Blaster placed properly or that it's not functioning properly...

I saw that someone posted something about the Harmony remote having control for that particular DTA, which would also indicate that it operates IR. If possible, maybe you could figure out if the Harmony code for operating that DTA is the same one for the other Comcast DTAs...

eskold wrote:
The remote does have a power button, but if the box doesn't turn off, how can you use that as test? The sign that it is working or not is if the box turns on or off. Or am I missing something?

According to the PDF I linked, it has a power indicator on the front of the DTA. When you press the power button on the remote, does the power indicator go out or red? If so, that means that the box responds to the on/off button. And, that means that the ReplayTV should be able to control it. Remember, the ReplayTV test is that you turn the box off and that testing the code turns it on...

Henry
eskold
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That makes sense. Maybe I should I get a new ir cable just to make sure... It is always worth it to keep trying.

Unfortunately the cable box doesn't do anything when I hit the power button, which seems strange. Maybe I'll call Comcast and check it out with them.

Thanks so much for your help, I really appreciate it.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to use any kind of digital camera, your cell phone camera, video camera, digital camera, etc. to see if you can "see" the IR Blaster blinking when it's trying to control the DTA...

I couldn't find out enough about the DTA to tell anything about the remote itself (which is why I had to ask you if it had a power button) or the DTA operation. I could see from the PDF that it had a green power indicator, so maybe it should always be green. My DTA blinks red when it doesn't have proper signal (like the cable goes out) and if I tune to certain inaccessible channels (mostly it ignores inaccessbible channel changes, but sometimes it indicates red and has some message about the channel being inaccessible). So, maybe it's just a status indicator and really can never indicate no power. I can't image what Comcast is going to tell you, much less how long you are going to wait on hold and get transferred around just to find out that they have no idea what the power button should do!

Henry
eskold
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the trick with the digital camera and my ir blaster cable. Couldn't see the blink so I ordered a new one. Should come soon. I'll keep my fingers crossed and give an update.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck!

And, I hope you saw the reply in AVSForum about trying code 4476...

Henry
eskold
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not see that. Thanks for the heads up. I will try that one too.
eskold
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I tried two new cables and no luck. I also can't seem to get them to blink in a digital camera. Is there any reason that my ir blaster port wouldn't be working like a setting or something? Seems strange my last setup right before this was ir cable to a digital convertor box and it worked. Thanks, Erik
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes it's pretty hard to see the blasters blinking. Are you sure that the replacements that you got are for the ReplayTV?

I guess you might want to try some known good blaster code, like maybe the one you were using before for your digital converter box, and see if you can see it blinking or not. That might be a good starting place...

Henry
eskold
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I went back to the old set up and it works with the blaster. I guess it was just was the code. Maybe I just need to focus on improving my antenna.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you could see if you could get a different model DTA...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV & Cable Boxes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: