Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVA TV Guide Listings Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sslund
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: DVA TV Guide Listings Problem Reply with quote

I just hate it when things go wrong I don't understand.

Now that holiday insanity is behind me, I had some time to get back to routine tasks, one of which was getting the TV Guide listings updated in DVA. I've had no changes to anything, and the last time I updated the TV Guide listings was on 12/22.

When doing the manual update tonight, I'm getting an error I've never seen before & the TV Guide listings didn't update. Note: I've been getting the second line below for a long time but it never stopped the TV Guide listings from updating.

01/04 22:36:35 Beginning download and update of TV Listings
01/04 22:36:35 Warn: TVLISTING_SOURCE[0]:: No Provider listings available for zip code [my ZIP] -- TV Channels may be out of date

After that, I get the following repeat over & over & over again -- I think it repeats somewhere around 13 times:
01/04 22:36:40 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/04 22:36:46 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/04 22:36:53 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/04 22:37:00 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/04 22:37:07 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/04 22:37:12 ERROR: REPLAYTV:: Unable to update channel/show information from server -- update abandoned

After the repeats, the process stops with this:
01/04 22:44:17 Warn: TVGUIDE:: No updated shows were downloaded (updated seemed to go OK, but no show data) -- TV Guide NOT updated
01/04 22:44:17 TV Listings update complete

Note: I have several DVA instances, two of which use the TV Guide, and this error was happening in both.

I looked in the old DVA forum & found the suggestion to exit DVA, delete the DVA_TV.xml file, and then restart & reset up the Guide.

I did so in one of the DVA instances, but that created a whole set of problems. In DVArchive Properties, TV Guide tab, I'm unable to select any providers -- some message flashes by too quickly to read when clicking on the "Change Zip/Provider" button, and then no matter what ZIP code I enter, I cannot select any providers -- the boxes where one would choose primary, secondary are greyed out with "Choose Zip Code First.

[As an aside, we use WIRNs to actually serve guide data to our RTVs, although I've never changed DVA do use WIRNs. However, I did get a message at some point to have DVA get its TV listing from WIRNs, so I tried that. But I ran into the same problem: I got a message that told me I had to select at least one listing/lineup, but I was unable to do so no matter what ZIP code I select. I found instructions here about how to integrate that worked for me, so that is an option.]

I will appreciate any suggestions -- I haven't a clue as to what happened between 12/22 & now to cause the problem.

TIA,
Saundra
sslund
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Ummm . . . Never Mind Reply with quote

I'm as clueless as I was before, but the problem has resolved itself.

I went ahead & changed the TV listings in one DVA instance to use WIRNs.

For the other DVA instance, I just left it running while I was doing other things. When I got back to my computer, I saw that the TV Listings had updated:

01/05 00:48:36 Beginning download and update of TV Listings
01/05 00:48:36 Warn: TVLISTING_SOURCE[0]:: No Provider listings available for zip code [my ZIP] -- TV Channels may be out of date
01/05 00:48:40 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/05 00:48:46 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/05 00:48:53 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/05 00:49:00 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/05 00:49:07 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/05 00:49:12 ERROR: REPLAYTV:: Unable to update channel/show information from server -- update abandoned
01/05 00:49:15 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/05 00:49:22 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/05 00:49:28 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/05 00:49:35 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/05 00:49:42 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/05 00:49:47 ERROR: REPLAYTV:: Unable to update channel/show information from server -- update abandoned
01/05 00:49:51 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Lost synchronization with remote TV Channel stream, remote Chan=21781 but chan list[131] has 29677 [196 (SOAPP)] -- TV Channel listings may be out of date
01/05 00:49:52 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Error dispatching update about TVGuide -- null
01/05 00:49:52 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Error dispatching update about TVGuide -- null
01/05 00:49:54 Beginning download and update of TV Listings
01/05 00:49:56 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Error updating TV Guide data -- null -- TV Guide update not done
01/05 00:49:56 ERROR: TVGUIDE:: Error dispatching update about TVGuide -- null
01/05 00:49:56 ERROR: Error while updating TV Listings -- Unable to update TV Guide
01/05 00:49:56 TV Listings update complete
01/05 00:50:51 TV Listings update complete

Again, no clue, but I'm glad things are A-OK again.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saundra, I'm not having any problem with DVA getting TV Guide listings at all. I would check that you are able to edit the TV Guide properties, and that you can click the "Change Zip/Provider" button, have it fetch your providers and channels, and that when you click on one of the Provider menu pull downs, that you see it populated with the providers for your area, including that it shows the provider that you want to use...

It could be that you're having some kind of networking problem that DVA isn't able to download the channel guide properly...

Also, I just want to point out that when you want to change DVA to use WiRNS for its TV Guide information, after you check the box "Use Web Proxy?" and enter the WiRNS information and click Save, you have to exit DVA and restart it and do it all again to have it actually get the TV Guide information from WiRNS, as described here...

Henry
sslund
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Henry -- nice to see you again!

Do you think it's possible there might have been some kind of brief (a couple of hours if you look at the logs I posted) outage? After confirming that both DVA instances were having the same issue, I did think about a network issue, but I couldn't find any other place within my network, or to the Internet, that was experiencing any kind of connectivity issues whatsoever.

Additionally, while I did successfully switch one DVA instance to getting its TV Guide listings from WIRNs, I didn't change that in the other DVA instance that was having the exact same issue which seemingly resolved on its own in just under two hours.

As long as I'm asking questions <g>, are there any disadvantages to having DVA get the listings from WIRNs as opposed to the non-WIRNs way? The reason I ask is that one thing I noticed in the DVA instance that's now getting the listings from WIRNs is the Update Listings seemed to complete faster.

And, is there any way to print out a copy of channels "shown" in the TV Guide one in DVR instance to recreate in another? For the TV Guide listings I use in DVA, there are a whole lot of channels I don't want to see, so I've deselected them. When I switched the other DVA instance to get its guide listings from WIRNs, that Guide now shows all the channels including the ones I don't want in that TV Guide. I started just manually writing a list from the other DVA instance, but that's a huge PITA with hundreds of channels, so I'm just wondering if it's possible to painlessly get that info?

Thanks,
Saundra
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, a lot of questions!

sslund wrote:
Do you think it's possible there might have been some kind of brief (a couple of hours if you look at the logs I posted) outage? After confirming that both DVA instances were having the same issue, I did think about a network issue, but I couldn't find any other place within my network, or to the Internet, that was experiencing any kind of connectivity issues whatsoever.

It looks to me more like you have some kind of actual problem. I don't get any kind of DVA errors at all when I update the TV Guide. The errors you listed seem like something must actually be going wrong, so I would look further into that and keep my eye on it. It wasn't clear to me if you were getting similar errors when you used WiRNS for the TV Guide, but that might be some kind of indicator. Maybe you have something setup wrong or configured wrong with DVA, or maybe you are having some kind of networking issues with that computer. You could always run WireShark on the DVA computer while you update the TV Guide and see if it looks funny or not...

sslund wrote:
Additionally, while I did successfully switch one DVA instance to getting its TV Guide listings from WIRNs, I didn't change that in the other DVA instance that was having the exact same issue which seemingly resolved on its own in just under two hours.

I'm not clear if swithing to using WiRNS for the TV Guide cleared up all the errors or only allowed you to successfully fetch the TV Guide? If you are still getting DVA errors when fetching the TV Guide, then I think you still have some kind of issue which may not have to do with time...

sslund wrote:
As long as I'm asking questions <g>, are there any disadvantages to having DVA get the listings from WIRNs as opposed to the non-WIRNs way? The reason I ask is that one thing I noticed in the DVA instance that's now getting the listings from WIRNs is the Update Listings seemed to complete faster.

The main disadvantage would be that getting the listings from WiRNS would not be as up to date as getting them from DNNA. Sometimes network programming changes are made shortly before shows air, and since WiRNS has already downloaded the TV Guide data for the day, it won't change. However, if you download the TV Guide data from DNNA, then it should be as accurate as what you see on Zap2It...

Remember that the main reason for having DVA get the listings from WiRNS was that DNNA was going to go away, but WiRNS3 could still get the TV Guide from things such as Schedules Direct. Since DVA can't get the listings from anything but a ReplayTV server system, then if DNNA went away, then the only other choice would be to get the listings from WiRNS. Actually I guess you could also get the listings from LaHo as the only other alternative. Anyway, another reason that people like to use WiRNS for their listings is if they have custom listings...

sslund wrote:
And, is there any way to print out a copy of channels "shown" in the TV Guide one in DVR instance to recreate in another? For the TV Guide listings I use in DVA, there are a whole lot of channels I don't want to see, so I've deselected them. When I switched the other DVA instance to get its guide listings from WIRNs, that Guide now shows all the channels including the ones I don't want in that TV Guide. I started just manually writing a list from the other DVA instance, but that's a huge PITA with hundreds of channels, so I'm just wondering if it's possible to painlessly get that info?

I've never used that feature of DVA, but I might assume that information has to be stored in the DVA prefrences, so it could well be in the DVA_TV.xml file you referenced, or it could be in DVArchive.xml...

The other thing, if you're bothering to get the TV Guide from WiRNS, then why do you have WiRNS configured with all the channels that you don't care about? If you exclude the channels in WiRNS, then they will go away from your ReplayTV's Channel Guide as well as going away from your DVA TV Guide...

Henry
sslund
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for not being clearer in my explanations & I'll try to clarify.

Perhaps a little background might be helpful. I've been using DVA for years now & haven't made any configuration changes in a long time. So, DVA has been getting its TV listings (DNNA) the same way for a very long time.

I have multiple instances of DVA because I have an insane RTV media library -- I was running into problems with DVA because I guess I had too many shows. So, I set up multiple instances based on the types of shows (i.e., documentaries, politics, sports, quilting, cooking, etc.). This was at least a couple of years ago . . . maybe longer.

I don't run DVA all the time -- I just run any instance as needed. Only two of the instances have the TV Guide enabled, and I manually update the TV Guide once or twice a week when I've got that DVA instance running.

I've been getting that one error (Warn: TVLISTING_SOURCE[0]:: No Provider listings available for zip code MyZIP -- TV Channels may be out of date) when updating the listings for a very long time . . . probably years now. However, it's never seemed to mean anything because the TV Guides have always updated just fine.

Due to the holidays, houseguests, birthdays, etc., I didn't do any TV Guide updates between 12/22 & Sunday when I got those freaky errors when trying to update the TV Guide.

When it (the repeating loop of errors I'd never seen before) happened Sunday with the first DVA instance, I exited that DVA instance & started up the other . . . and got the same repeating cycle of errors while trying to update the TV Guide. That's when I started looking online (the old DVA forums & here) for solutions.

hdonzis wrote:
It looks to me more like you have some kind of actual problem. I don't get any kind of DVA errors at all when I update the TV Guide. The errors you listed seem like something must actually be going wrong, so I would look further into that and keep my eye on it. It wasn't clear to me if you were getting similar errors when you used WiRNS for the TV Guide, but that might be some kind of indicator. Maybe you have something setup wrong or configured wrong with DVA, or maybe you are having some kind of networking issues with that computer.

For troubleshooting purposes, I messed around with only one of the DVA instances -- the other remains exactly as it was.

One of the solutions I found was to try deleting the DVA_TV.xml file, but that didn't resolve anything & seemed to create more problems. For instance, I was unable to change the ZIP code. When I selected Enable TV Guide, the "old" info was still there in Provider/Lineup Selection section, and the errors persisted. I thought maybe trying to clear that old info out might "unstick" things, but I was unable to do so -- when clicking on the Change Zip/Provider button, some error message would flash too quickly to read & then the box would open telling me that no zip code was selected even though it showed in the step before, and because there was no zip code, there were no providers selected. I tried "changing" zip codes to about 30 different ones, but the Primary, Secondary Provider remained grayed out with text telling me I had to choose a zip code first.

I exited & restarted DVA several times throughout the process with no change in the results. Each time I tried to update the TV Guide, I got those weird repetitive errors.

Then, I thought I'd try having DVA use the WiRNS data, but I ran into the same zip code problem even carefully following the steps in that post I linked to. On perhaps the fourth try (if at first you don't succeed), everything seemed to work and the guide data was successfully served from WiRNS to DVA.

Then, I went off to attend to other things, and when I returned to my computer, the other DVA instance where no changes were made had successfully updated the TV Guide even though the log made it look like the update had been unsuccessful.

And, I've had no further issues updating the TV Guide listings in either since.

Henry, I did wonder about some kind of networking issue, and absent the DNNA server (or whatever) experiencing a brief outage, I guess that's got to be the explanation. The reason I was/am unsure is because I didn't have any other networking problems with this computer while the DVA TV Guide listings update was throwing those weird cyclic errors. DVA "lives" on my computer, which is the master computer in my network, and the computer wasn't having any problems accessing resources during that time. WiRNS "lives" on another computer, and when I into problems when I first tried to change DVA to get the TV Guide from WiRNS, the first thing I did was connect to that computer to make sure there was no problem with WiRNS. I was able to connect to other computers & devices with no problem, and to serve shows from this computer. I had Internet access & was able to send/receive email. I logged into both my router & modem to see if I could spot anything amiss there -- and I didn't see any problems. That, however, doesn't mean much because I honestly don't understand the stuff in the router & modem log files even though I look at them fairly regularly -- I just know that I wasn't seeing anything unusual for that time frame.

hdonzis wrote:
You could always run WireShark on the DVA computer while you update the TV Guide and see if it looks funny or not...

LOL -- given my beneath rudimentary understanding of this kind of stuff, I sincerely doubt I'd even be able to recognize anything funny looking or not! I know just enough to have gotten things to work as I need them to, and I was only successful at that thanks to the great help I've gotten from these forums.

hdonzis wrote:
I'm not clear if swithing to using WiRNS for the TV Guide cleared up all the errors or only allowed you to successfully fetch the TV Guide? If you are still getting DVA errors when fetching the TV Guide, then I think you still have some kind of issue which may not have to do with time...

Now, that's a very interesting question! When I first switched DVA to get the TV Guide listings from WiRNS, I got those same repeating cyclic errors I first posted about. After the third or fourth or fifth time, the TV Guide listings successfully updated. But, so too, did the other DVA instance where I didn't change the settings.

However, as I mentioned earlier, I've been getting a single error message for a very long time that I didn't pay any attention to because the listings always successfully updated regardless of that error. That error message is:
01/06 18:03:19 Warn: TVLISTING_SOURCE[0]:: No Provider listings available for zip code MyZIP -- TV Channels may be out of date

Since you asked the question, I've paid more attention.

DVA 1 (TV Guide from DNAA):
- It throws that error at the scheduled time for the TV Guide to automatically update and the TV Guide listings don't appear to update.
- It also throws that error when initiating a manual update (TV Listings tab in the main DVA window, "Update Listings" button at the bottom of that screen), but the TV Guide listings do update.

DVA 2 (TV Guide from WiRNS):
- It throws that error at the scheduled time for the TV Guide to automatically update and the TV Guide listings don't appear to update.
- It doesn't throw that error when initiating a manual update (TV Listings tab in the main DVA window, "Update Listings" button at the bottom of that screen), and the TV Guide listings do update.

So, it would seem that I've been having some kind of problem for a very long time & just never noticed it because rather than relying on the scheduled TV Guide updates, I just do a manual update each time I start DVA.

hdonzis wrote:
The main disadvantage would be that getting the listings from WiRNS would not be as up to date as getting them from DNNA. Sometimes network programming changes are made shortly before shows air, and since WiRNS has already downloaded the TV Guide data for the day, it won't change. However, if you download the TV Guide data from DNNA, then it should be as accurate as what you see on Zap2It...

Thanks -- that's good to know, although I don't think that level of timeliness an issue for me.

hdonzis wrote:
Remember that the main reason for having DVA get the listings from WiRNS was that DNNA was going to go away, but WiRNS3 could still get the TV Guide from things such as Schedules Direct. Since DVA can't get the listings from anything but a ReplayTV server system, then if DNNA went away, then the only other choice would be to get the listings from WiRNS. Actually I guess you could also get the listings from LaHo as the only other alternative. Anyway, another reason that people like to use WiRNS for their listings is if they have custom listings...

Yes -- that's the reason I did the Schedules Direct/WiRNS route back in 2011. And, let me tell you, after going to all the trouble of installing & configuring WiRNS, and getting the RTVs switched over, there was no way I was not going to stick with that!

But, I never got the DVAs switched over because DNNA decided to continue. And, there have been more than a few instances when I was able to accomplish things in WiRNS (schedule shows to record that conflicted with things that were already scheduled) I wasn't able to do from DVA.

hdonzis wrote:
I've never used that feature of DVA, but I might assume that information has to be stored in the DVA prefrences, so it could well be in the DVA_TV.xml file you referenced, or it could be in DVArchive.xml...

I didn't see it in DVArchive.xml, and if it's in DVA_TV.xml (a very large & unwieldy file), I didn't spot it. So, I've taken the pen & paper route to copy the channel list from one DVA to the other.

hdonzis wrote:
The other thing, if you're bothering to get the TV Guide from WiRNS, then why do you have WiRNS configured with all the channels that you don't care about? If you exclude the channels in WiRNS, then they will go away from your ReplayTV's Channel Guide as well as going away from your DVA TV Guide...

Uh-oh . . . I guess I have to blow my cover

I no longer use my RTVs to watch TV -- I moved to HD DVRs (Moxi) about three years ago. However, I do continue to use the RTVs to record stuff (documentaries, quilting/craft shows, cooking shows, series for my daughter for when she comes home to visit) I want to keep in my media library like since it's not possible to do so (AFAIK) with the Moxis.

OTOH, my dh is what I affectionately call "change aversive." Unless we are watching TV together, he uses the RTVs probably 98% of the time. And, believe me, it's not like I haven't tried to get him to transition to the HD DVRs, but . . . he's change aversive. And, that's not necessarily a bad thing in this case because there are times when I've got all 6 HD DVR tuners recording stuff, and I'm never put in the awkward position of having to say, "Well, no . . . you can't cancel X to record some stupid ball game."

Not surprisingly, we have some differences in our likes/dislikes Specifically, he watches a lot of sports, and we have a lot of sports channels. He also watches some reruns of TV shows on channels I don't care about. So, those are channels I have absolutely no interest in having in the DVA TV Guide to waste my time scrolling past, but they are channels that are important to him on the RTVs. Hence, the differences in the channels for WiRNS & what I want to see in DVA

Now, to hopefully redeem my image a little, I'm not completely anti-sports! In about a month, I will be recording & watching virtually every minute of the Olympics aired on the various channels . . . and complaining that more isn't aired. And, I'm a huge X Games fan, and there's other sports stuff I occasionally watch. I'm just not very much into the kind of college & pro team sports my dh watches; and he's not into the sports stuff l like.

But, we've worked out a compromise that works for us. I keep my mouth shut about all the stupid sports he watches nearly year-round, and he has not a single complaint when I virtually disappear from home & hearth life during the Olympics. It works.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Well, I didn't really need to hear (read) all that explanation. I was perfectly happy with a lot of assumptions...

Most of what you wrote I had alread gleaned. I was just trying to choose my words carefully about your first getting out of your "deleting DVA_TV.xml" predicament. I understood that you were having those other errors for quite some time, but my point was that they shouldn't be there. They may not have anything to do with your current problem(s), but they shouldn't be there...

In addition, I don't leave DVA running, so I don't know anything about the TV Guide auto updating. I run DVA when I want to check for show information and such, so I always click on the manual guide update button...

The information about DVA's configuration is in DVArchive.xml, so it doesn't surprise me that deleting DVA_TV.xml didn't get rid of your ZIP code/provider configuration. If you look in DVArchive.xml, you should see your ZIP and provider in there. I believe that if you want to try to clear up some configuration problems, it is DVArchive.xml that you should delete (or, at least rename so you can go back to it, or at least compare it after you get things back working to see what's different)...

When you are using WiRNS for your TV Guide proxy, you don't have to choose a WiRNS: provider, you could choose a normal one and then Maybe DVA would be happy with your original lineup selection. If you are running WiRNS3 with SD, then the normal lineups won't be there, but if you are running WiRNS2 with SD, then you should have the normal lineups as well. Part of the point of having DVA use the same lineup as your RTVs would be so that you could use DVA properly to determine what's going to record, recording conflicts, and to make recording shcedule changes. This would be even more noticeable in your case of using SD for WiRNS and DNNA for DVA, that the show titles and episode information may not exactly match up, so DVA wouldn't correctly identify the proper shows to record. In that case, you'd want to be sure that DVA was using the same TV Guide source as your RTVs. And, this used to happen to me with WiRNS1, which only used the predecessor to SD, Zap2It Labs, and didn't work as well for providing scheduling information as WiRNS2, so I used DVA a lot more back then due to accuracy. But, it sounds like you're only using DVA as a TV Guide kind of access, much like just going to Zap2It.com, for example, and aren't as interested in it showing you whats going to record on the RTVs (otherwise, you'd need it have the same channels as the RTV, whether you cared about them or not). So, as long as DNNA is still operating, I can see that you probably want to use that for your TV Guide source since it sounds like you just want to get a nice TV Guide. In as much as that, I would still assume that you should try to figure out why DVA is giving you those errors, even if it seems to be working anyway. Since I don't leave DVA running and haven't experienced the auto TV Guide update, I don't know if that's a normal or common problem with that. I know that when I run manual updates, I don't get any message at all other than "started" and "finished". The fact that those errors say "SOAP" kind of has me perplexed because the DNNA guide data doesn't use a SOAP format, however something like SD does use a more SOAP-like format. So, I have to assume that it is something about the internal workings of DVA that converts the DNNA guide data into something it can then deal with in a SOAP-like fashion. That may at least lead me to believe that DVA it having some kind of problem with creating some kind of intermediate file. And, as I understand it from my own experiments, DVA_TV.xml is the TV Guide information that is produced by DVA processing the DNNA guide data. So, maybe your problem boils down to some kind of problem with DVA_TV.xml. But, I may also be way off base with my SOAP assumption. For all I know, that is talking about the SOAP channel, which went off the air at the first of the year...

Anyway, I'm thinking that maybe a good experiement would be to start from scratch without DVArchive.xml and DVA_TV.xml and see if you can make any better progress. I think that your intermittent problem still has to be something more than a DNNA outage because you had to try using WiRNS instead for several times as well, and when you got it working with WiRNS, then it also started working with DNNA. If DNNA had been the problem, then using WiRNS should have eliminated that immediately. Although, maybe something about the auto TV Guide update is getting in the mix somehow that I'm not aware of. But, you understand my point, if you were having similar intermittent problems using WiRNS for your TV Guide data, then the problem wasn't with DNNA, at least for that part of things...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> DVArchive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: