Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still need help setting clock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 2000/3000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frankl69
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Still need help setting clock Reply with quote

I know this has been addressed previously, but most of the solutions offered seem to involve connection to a PC (such as flipflop7146's panel for manually setting the clock.) I am a longtime Showstopper user, but I have no PC connection, and everything worked fine until recently, when the nightly updates did not reset my clock after a power failure. I was able to connect to the server, which seemed to provide updates, but the date/time setting of 11/12/99 caused my Channel Guide screen to be blank. I then tried the two 'Clear Channel Guide' steps, and all that did was make it worse, because now i have no channel information in memory.

One piece of advice in one of the threads involved setting the time from the 777 Zones panel. However, when I access 777 Zones, I get the display entitled "Retailer Demo", which is disabled and does not give me an option to reset the displayed time. One post said:

"Press the record button on your remote while in the GMT time setting screen. On some universal remotes, you may have to press record twice. If you get the message "Result: 777-Z time set enabled" exit out to live TV and press 777 followed by Zones on the remote. Navigate to the Set Date & Time button and Press Select."

What is the GMT time setting screen?

Any other suggestions?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read the post right before yours, it gives instructions to use the LaHo "good will" program to set your clock. Just be aware, that because you have cleared your channel guide, you will get an error when you use the "good will" system. But, it should still successfully set your clock, and then you'll just have to get a successful net connect the normal way to get your channel guide reloaded...

Henry
frankl69
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry, thank you very much. I followed the LaHo instructions, and the good news is that my clock is now set correctly.

The bad news is that my unit no longer recognizes the "243 Zones" command. It just takes me to the Replay Zones menu, as if i never dialed the 243. As a result, i cannot get a net connect, nor can i access that menu.

On the "Register" option (normal menu) it does acknowledge that i used LaHo successfully, and says that by registering with LaHo i should be able to access the Channel Guide info. But unless I am misreading the instructions, I thought it said registering with Perc Data was not necessary.

One other thing that may be pertinent: as part of the LaHo setup, I was required to start from scratch on my box connections. When i enter "cable" or "cable box" an the ANT/CATV line, no service provider is recognized. Might that be part of the problem?

Thanks again--

Frank
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank,
If you read the step-by-step in that post, it explains that it is normal to get the LaHo registration confirmation. You definitely do NOT want to register with Perc Data unless you want to start using that service...

I don't know how connecting to LaHo could remove the 2-4-3-Zones screen, so I'm assuming you're doing something wrong. Be sure you have exited out of all screens before you press 2-4-3-Zones...

Because you cleared your channel guide, you now need to configure your lineup information. Connecting to LaHo did not change any of that. It might have been better if you connected normally first and got your channel guide reloaded before connecting to LaHo to set your clock, but the order shouldn't really matter. At this point you want to follow the instructions for connecting back normally, starting at step 19. If you can successfully net connect normally, you should be able to get your channel guide information back. You might have to be persistant as I'm sure you can read that there are lots of dial-up connection problems...

Henry
frankl69
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using the 2-4-3-Zones screen for years, and have no idea what I'm doing wrong now. Even when I reboot I can't access the screen. Does the fact that my cable provider is no longer recognized have anything to do with it?

Frank
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, maybe something got corrupted. When you connect to LaHo, it simply sets the clock and doesn't do anything else. That's why the ReplayTV gets upset, because LaHo doesn't give it any information at all...

I just looked at the LaHo log, and I can see that LaHo didn't feed your Panny any information. Although, I forgot that it upgraded your IR Blaster codes to add the Comcast blaster codes. However, I can see that the net connect was successful and your Panny was perfectly happy with the complete process. The only thing I can think of is that your hard drive is starting to have problems, so the IR Blaster update ended up causing some hard drive corruption. I'm sure you saw it updating one of the Replay Zones, so maybe the hard drive is going bad. I guess at this point you can try pulling the hard drive and testing it, it sounds like there's something the matter with the operating system at this point...

Henry
frankl69
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

OK, progress. I disconnected the peripherals, and i was able to get to the Net Connect screen. It connected, went through the setup (Checking for new info--18 Replay Zones). Then Checking for new software, but it stopped after Combining Data. Did this 3 or 4 times.

I went back to the main menu setup and changed the dialup number to try to force a connection that way. I got to the message "Getting channel guide info…"

Then all of a sudden it said "Skipping connection…" and went to "Your HDR is now ready for use."

Which, of course, it isn't.

What would cause it to skip the connection? Perhaps the fact that it does not recognize my cable provider?

Frank
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once it reestablishes the providers for your ZIP code, it should have no problem with your selected cable provider. Lots of people are complaining about similar problems. It seems to be the biggest problem when it has to download lots of guide data, which is what happens after clearing the channel guide. It seems that keeping the guide up to date so that it doesn't need to download much data is important. However, be sure and follow the instructions on AVSForum where you also posted your problems, there's a lengthy thread there about connection problems and how to make sure you have a good connection to allow the net connect to proceed. YMMV...

Henry
frankl69
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, be sure and follow the instructions on AVSForum where you also posted your problems, there's a lengthy thread there about connection problems and how to make sure you have a good connection to allow the net connect to proceed.

I am having difficulty finding this thread; can you give me a more specific location?

Sorry to be such a pest…

Frank
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's four threads down from your thread: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1424189/here-we-go-again-no-response-from-dial-up-servers...

You can also read the sticky at the top of this very forum, right below this sticky that you are posting into: http://planetreplay.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=16292...

Henry
frankl69
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I had already read that thread, which has some nuggets in it but seemed to apply more to the network DVRs.

I tried changing the zip code, but the connect hung up and disconnected on "Searching for cable providers", or whatever the exact wording is. I changed the zip code back--no joy.

I do have another Panasonic 2000 new in the box, so I hooked it up. So far i have been unable to get past the initial phone connect with ReplayTV--line is always busy.

Thanks again for your patience with me.

Frank
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankl69 wrote:
OK, I had already read that thread, which has some nuggets in it but seemed to apply more to the network DVRs.

Oh, definitely not! That thread is about dial-up units, which are mainly the non-networked DVRs. There are some people using networked DVRs through dial up, but at least when they've had poblems, they could switch to networking. So, what's left in that thread are the users with non-networked DVRs that have no choice but to get dial up working...

As far as the individual posts in that thread, I would concentrate on the ones written by gring40, who seems to have tried a whole lot of different techniques...

Henry
frankl69
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks. I guess I was not paying close enough attention. You are probably right--it's probably a hard drive issue.

Any ideas on getting the new DVR launched? The first screen says "Accessing Replay TV to get local phone numbers and channel info."

The automatic dial comes back busy--always.

So i tried inserting the LaHo phone number in the Dialing Prefix box; this comes back as "No answer."
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I assume you used the LaHo phone number previously to get your clock set, I certainly saw your connection to LaHo, so it used to work. You can try dialing the phone number yourself that the unit is dialing and see if it gets a busy signal or what. Just to be sure, I just tried dialing the LaHo phone number, and it definitely answered. But, you should definitely try dialing the numbers you Panny is trying to dial to see if they are getting a busy signal. You can also try listening in on an extension phone while the Panny is dialing to see what's going on. In addition, there are phone numbers that are supposed to work posted on that AVSForum thread, so I would try some of those to see if you can't get connected...

In addition, I split your thread into its own topic because I think it's getting a bit out of hand for the sticky. Some of the posts won't make total sense because the references aren't correct, but I think it's still best...

Henry
frankl69
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you prefer to deal directly on this my email address is frankl69@aol.com.

The problem is, I don't know what number the unit is dialing. It's for the initial setup of a new machine out of the box.

I will try your other suggestions.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, dealing with the 800 number it starts out with can be a real pain! You can use the dialing prefix to force it to use one of the "tested" numbers in that AVSForum thread. However, I certainly recommend that you try dialing the numbers first yourself to check them out. The 800 number that that unit dials is posted right here in the "getglobaldial3.pl requests" section as the US number...

Henry
frankl69
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(800) 590-4857; yes, that is constantly busy.

I will try those other numbers tomorrow.

Frank
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankl69 wrote:
(800) 590-4857; yes, that is constantly busy.

I called it just now and got an immediate modem tone...

Henry
frankl69
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry, this is like pulling teeth. Earlier today I was able to get the "new" DVR to finally connect, using one of the numbers from the previous thread. I used LaHo to reset the clock.

I was also able to get the system to recognize my local cable provider, so at least I now have the correct channel listings and the right time. But i still cannot get the program data to download.

A couple of times I get the "Unexpected result code (b1008506)". I looked it up and found it on the Planet Replay thread, and I believe you explained that happens when one is still dialing into LaHo.

I tried different numbers, then got the message "Network link down", which was my signal to give up for the night.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank,
I can see your connection to LaHo to set the clock. That whole process completed sucessfully, and also upgraded your IR Blaster codes to include the Comcast code. However, after that, it continued to connect to Laho with you attempting to change your ZIP code, which you tried two times. Those connections resulted in error b1008506 because LaHo doesn't know what time zone you are in. So, you were definitely still connecting to LaHo when you were getting those error codes...

Hopefully after a good night's sleep you'll have better luck!

Henry
frankl69
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took a day off from the whole mess and today--success at last!

After a couple of hangs on "Connection established" and one "Network receive error" i reset my dialing prefix to include the 212 New York City number in my dialing prefix. Today it connected and gave me my channel guide.

Thanks so much for your help!

Is that contribution link you mentioned a year or so ago still active?

Frank
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frankl69 wrote:
Is that contribution link you mentioned a year or so ago still active?

I don't think I mentioned a contribution link, but if you're talking about the one that rmeden mentioned here, then, yes, that one is still active, and I'm sure would be greatly appreciated by Robert to keep the phone line active.

Henry
frankl69
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paypal@ourdomain

That does not sound like a valid email address?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's trying not to post an address that will get picked up by spammers. He gives you a link to the website, and I think he was thinking that people would put that together. But, I don't know, that was just my assumption when he first posted that...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 2000/3000 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: