Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Guide2XML Released

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Other Software of Interest
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Guide2XML Released Reply with quote

Guide2XML 1.0 has been released and posted at SourceForge.net. It is a command-line tool which operates on a guide snapshot file, much like GuideParser, except that it generates DVArchive and WiRNS XML files for the recorded shows. And, like the latest release of GuideParser, it operates on Replay 5xxx guide snapshot files (maybe works on 45xx Replays as well).

Guide snapshot files can be acquired using ReplayPC or extract_rtv, or from the WiRNS .guide files. With this tool ReplayPC can be used to download a show and guide snapshot file from a Replay, and Guide2XML can create the XML file necessary to use the downloaded show with DVArchive or WiRNS. But, its main purpose is when a Replay hard drive gets erased or corrupted that the last .guide file from WiRNS can be used to get all the show information after extracting the shows from the hard drive with extract_rtv.

Enjoy!

Henry

Last edited by hdonzis on Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
KenL
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see this! Will try as soon as I get some time to get organized. Should fully replace ConvertXML and generate more complete info. I actually have the need to do this on occasion and it will be great to be able to generate and swap XMLs without having to wait on downloads or pull drives.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KenL wrote:
Glad to see this! Will try as soon as I get some time to get organized. Should fully replace ConvertXML and generate more complete info. I actually have the need to do this on occasion and it will be great to be able to generate and swap XMLs without having to wait on downloads or pull drives.

And, a difference between Guide2XML and ConvertXML is that Guide2XML can take file names (show names without the extension, like 1141444799) on the command line to only generate those individual XML files instead of generating all of the XML files for all the shows as ConvertXML does. Guide2XML will still generate all the XML files for all the shows if no file names are specified on the command line...

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Guide2XML 2.0 Released Reply with quote

Guide2XML version 2.0 is released and posted on SourceForge. It now supports versions 4.1, 4.3, 4.5, and 5.0 of the file system. I think this will make it fully support all Replay 4xxx's and 5xxx's...

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Guide2XML 2.1 Released Reply with quote

Guide2XML version 2.1 is released and posted on SourceForge.net. I restricted its XML output formats to version 4.3, 4.5, and 5.0. Since these are the only versions of snapshot files and are all fully supported, this pretty much completes the development.

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Guide2XML 2.2 Released Reply with quote

Guide2XML version 2.2 is posted on SourceForge.net. It fixes outputting ANSI characters (like single quote) in the channel name. And, it adds to always output the TV rating even on movies, like DVArchive does.

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Guide2XML 2.3 Released Reply with quote

Guide2XML version 2.3 is posted on SourceForge.net. This version fixes to properly XML encode the channel name.

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:35 pm    Post subject: Guide2XML 2.3 for Mac OS X Released Reply with quote

I posted a Mac OS X universal binary of version 2.3 on SourceForge.net.

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Guide2XML 2.4 Released Reply with quote

Guide2XML version 2.4 is posted on SourceForge.net. This version fixes outputting the movie flags.

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Other Software of Interest All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: