Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unknown Outbound Send??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwc553911
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Unknown Outbound Send?? Reply with quote

Quick question. I started my DVA/IVSM computer up today and noticed after a bit that i had outbound traffic. After trying to figure it out, i noticed that the only thing going was the Apache Chunk log.
It shows an outbound transfer and it is already over 1GB
After looking at the log i see it first appeared on Dec 5th, but i have no sends on that date. How do i shut it down?
The log shows the following:

70.50.182.52 - - [11/Dec/2011:13:13:31 -0500] "GET /ivs-IVSGetFileChunk?isn=00004-42360-89180&start=4194304&chunksize=4194304&filepath=/name/mpeg/1319587197.evt HTTP/1.1" 200 43

Here is the first instance of it, but showing no sends on or before it.

70.50.182.52 - - [05/Dec/2011:10:31:09 -0500] "GET /ivs-IVSGetFileChunk?isn=00004-42360-89180&start=0&chunksize=4194304&filepath=/name/mpeg/1320191997.ndx HTTP/1.1" 200 172495

Thanks, Jeff
00004-41688-29822 WIRNS?? (VR)

TakeTheActive
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown Outbound Send?? Reply with quote

jwc553911 wrote:
...I started my DVA/IVSM computer up today and noticed after a bit that i had outbound traffic. After trying to figure it out, i noticed that the only thing going was the Apache Chunk log...

...After looking at the log i see it first appeared on Dec 5th, but i have no sends on that date. How do i shut it down?

I had a similar experience. AFAIK, *YOU* had to initiate the SEND . In my case, I was attempting to get the IVSMagic Plug-in working again and vaguely remember, after running the IVS Tester, that when I FINALLY attempted to send (Maybe MANUALLY from the ReplayTV?), I was told "Too Late...". My belief is that 'somehow' I initiated a SEND, but someone else CLICKed on the Poopli Server 'Send Show' first. The User / Receiver accepted and marked the FIRST Pooper's download complete and then weeks later, seeing the show in his RECEIVE catagory, ACCEPTed my send; thus, the transfer started up, just like your experience - with nothing in the Poopli Server screens.

On your IVSMagic SEND screen, find the send in progress (SEARCH for the word "UNKNOWN") and try DENY and/or PAUSE. I PAUSEd mine to see if I'd get an E-Mail (Didn't).
jwc553911
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the thing, nothing in the send window. Normally says unknown, but nothing is showing up. Apache file was the only indication that IVS was doing anything. Got up to about 1.4GB B before I blocked the IP in my router settings.
tried clicking update ip addresses in send window. Still nothing.
jeff

TakeTheActive
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: If You're So Inclined to 'Experiment'... Reply with quote

jwc553911 wrote:
...nothing in the send window. Normally says unknown, but nothing is showing up. Apache file was the only indication that IVS was doing anything...

I've been battling one of my 'once-every-few-years' colds since last Saturday and yesterday was the first day that I was feeling somewhat better so, since I couldn't remember HOW I got my 'mystery' SEND to appear in IVSMagic, your reply inspired me to do some SEARCHing. It's my understanding that *ANY* transfer that's routed (via Port Forwarding) through an IVSMagic PC will, or can be make to, be shown in a SEND or RECEIVE screen. If the recipient / sender is not in your IVSm Address Book, only their IP will appear.
  • [OT: Are you using the latest version of IVSMagic? (I'm still on 0.9.8.4 - it works! Are there any important / exceptional / must have changes in the latest version?) I see that only the recipient's IP is reported in the 'Apache Chunk' System Log snippets you posted. There was talk, in one of the 2 threads referenced below, of how the IP is usless without the port, in identifying the remote ReplayTV's ISN, IIRC.

Henry, is there any method, possibly in Todd Larason's ReplayTV Twiki, of determining the ISN from the IP and Port?]
The SEARCH I did was:
  • Keywords: Send Register Unknown
    Search for all terms
  • Forum: IVSMagic
  • Display results as: Posts
  • Return first: All available
...which returned 2 posts. Reading those 2 threads clarified the difference between Register and Send, but still didn't give much of a clue as to how to get an 'IP Without an ISN' Registered. Maybe I had to restart the IVSm Service?

jwc553911 wrote:
...tried clicking update ip addresses in send window. Still nothing...

Yep. As was confirmed in one of those 2 threads, 'Update IP Addresses' only applies to transfers to/from someone in your IVSm Address Book.

jwc553911 wrote:
...Got up to about 1.4GB B before I blocked the IP in my router settings.

Although I don't understand the inner workings of IVSm 'PAUSE', I found that my IVSm 'Apache Chunk' System Log had grown TREMENDOUSLY in the past few weeks. The 'Paused' Send generated a '503' error every ~10 seconds from 11/25 - 12/09 (where, I'd guess the recipient FINALLY cancelled the transfer). I also noticed another problem (topic for a new thread) where my current SEND, after transferring 248MB / 29.6% in ~1 hour dropped down from the optimum 4194375 to 19 BYTES PER SECOND with a log entry EVERY SECOND! Since I use PRTG, I can easily see where my transfers Speed Up / Slow Down / STOP / Resume. My fastest transfers peak @ ~2000kbps, while others run @ ~500kbps (768 DSL?), and yet others switch from ~500 to ~1000kbps (2 concurrent, then 1 transfers saturating his bandwidth?). What concerns me most are the one's that STOP, sometimes for hours, and then Resume (Pretty much covered my new topic - just have to Cut-N-Paste it now! )

Anyways, back to your problem - depending on your recipient, UNBLOCKING the IP in your router may allow the transfer to resume, *IF* the recipient hasn't cancelled it. Then, if you're interested, you can (beforehand) SEARCH the IVSMagic forum for more details on getting an unRegistered transfer to Register (i.e. appear in the SEND or RECEIVE screen). Possibly something as simple as re-starting the IVSm Service or UPDATING the transferring ReplayTV? Then you can try PAUSE and DENY. I'm sorry that I can't offer you more information, but my memory just isn't that good any more. I 'think' I found it in a SEARCH back in November, but couldn't easily find it again last night. Also if you're running DD-WRT or Tomato, then you can temporarily throttle back the transfer via QoS while you 'Experiment' with IVSm. As to whether you can set the QoS level based on the recipient's IP (unlikely) or you have to use your IVSm PC's IP, I don't remember.

On a different note, I also visited SpeedTest.Net last night and spent several minutes reading the Info and FAQ screens. I got tired before I found out how you got that image into your Signature Line. Would you please outline the details. Is it DYNAMIC like TheDreamer's Sig on Poopli, or STATIC?

Thanks!
jwc553911
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its static. Probably need to update it. I unblocked the ip yesterday. As of today, it has not resumed. I will keep an eye on it. I am on thecurrent build of IVSm. I tried everything I could thinkof even going thru my status log and writing down every send ISN I have done for the last 2months and doing an ISN lookup trying to match the IP. Took a while, no match. Must of beensitting on it for a while. The only thing that may have affected anything.... I did a total HDD recovery via Acronis from an image that is about a year and a half old a couple of months ago. I wonder if the send was done between the restore and the back-up would cause this??

Jeff

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: