Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DVArchive won't connect to Replays

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmulhern
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: DVArchive won't connect to Replays Reply with quote

Anyone have experience with these error messages -

08/27 10:48:02 ERROR: Error processing served request from DVR 192.168.0.3 -- For input string: "<?xml version="1.0"?>"
08/27 10:48:03 ERROR: Error processing served request from DVR 192.168.0.6 -- For input string: "<?xml version="1.0"?>"
08/27 10:48:32 Notice: Scheduler Now Running
08/27 10:49:20 Notice: UPNP:: Received UPnP packet from previously unknown DVR @ 192.168.0.3 -- looking up DVR info
08/27 10:50:23 Notice: UPNP:: DVArchive received new DVR broadcast for 192.168.0.3 but wasn't able to initialize/configure it - ignored
08/27 10:50:23 Notice: UPNP:: Received UPnP packet from previously unknown DVR @ 192.168.0.6 -- looking up DVR info
08/27 10:51:26 Notice: UPNP:: DVArchive received new DVR broadcast for 192.168.0.6 but wasn't able to initialize/configure it - ignored

I've installed DVarchive probably a dozen times on various machines over the years and never had any problems. The IP's above are replay units it just won't connect to them. If I try to connect manually DVArchive just completely locks up.

I've search variations of these errors across this forum, the DVarchive forusm, AVS etc - found a couple of related posts but no real solutions short of one guy who said he just reinstalled from Windows up and that fixed it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your help.
cmulhern
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should add the following troubleshooting info/attempts-

This is a machine is currently on my network with another computer running DVarchive that connects to all my units just fine (it doesn't work with out without the other instance of DVArchive running and it also doesn't see the other instance of DVarchive).

I have disabled the firewall on this machine to ensure that wasn't causing issues.

It is setup for remote desktop access (running win 7) but I disabled that as well to make sure it wasn't causing any kind of port conflict (because that is the only thing I can think of that was different between this machine and the other on my network running DVArchive without issue).

When I originally setup this computer a few weeks back I grabbed the latest Java release which evidently DVarchive doesn't like because it would not even launch, removed it and put the older version on and then DVarchive would start - could this be causing residual issues?

thanks again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> DVArchive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: