Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

channel number mismatch with RPTV guide

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pratto
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: channel number mismatch with RPTV guide Reply with quote

my RPTV channel guide (the box) shows a HD station number as 14, but it is shown as 13 in the DVA TVListing. which means in DVA i can't see what i scheduled to record on the box for that channel.

in looking at the stations listing on the direct tv local listings on the internet, i think the 13 is correct.

on RPTV direct tv tampa, the options are wtvt 13, or wtvt DT 14.
can either channel listing be changed so they match ?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RTV and DVA both use exactly the same guide service, so I'm not sure how it would even be possible for them to show different channel numbers. Are you sure you selected the exact same ZIP code and provider both in the RTV and DVA?

Henry
pratto
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: different channel numbers Reply with quote

Henry -

i carefully checked, and both use the same zip code and the same provider.
attached are 3 images.
the first shows the DVAcrhive channel list.
the second shows the DirectTV channel list.
the third shows the ReplayTV channel list.

as you can see, both DVArchive and DirectTV show two channel 13's, but ReplayTV shows channel 13 & channel 14.

ok, i'm stumped. how do i add images to this post ?

pat
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You add images by posting the images somewhere public and then linking them to your post...

But, what is this you are saying that the DirectTV listing shows two channel 13s? Number one, I can't even imagine what the RTV should be doing with having two channels 13s! And, I don't know how DVA would even present that, but it doesn't actually have to do anything with it. I would assume that having two channel 13s might confuse the RTV and that's what's causing the problem. It's certainly not possible to have two different channels with the same airing channel number, so maybe you should take it up with DirecTV and Tribute Media Services to get it corrected so that there is only one channel 13...

Henry
pratto
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: channels Reply with quote

hah. ok, after all these years of reading helpful comments from you (and very much appreciated they were), i get to teach you something.
DirectTV does show two 3's, two 8's, two 10's and two 13's. and so does DVArchive.
it is the ReplayTV channel guide that is different. it has renumbered 3 HD to 4, and 8 HD to 9, 10 HD to 11, 13 HD to 14.

3,8,10 and 13 are my local channels that now also are broadcast in HD.

just go to DVArchive channel list for 34691, DirectTV tampa, and you will see 2 8's, etc. - no re-numbering.
i am not complaining, but for my local channels, i can't use DVArchive anymore.

not to try your patience, but i don't know anywhere public to post the images to (i don't have facebook or tweet). would email work ?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Re: channels Reply with quote

pratto wrote:
hah. ok, after all these years of reading helpful comments from you (and very much appreciated they were), i get to teach you something.
DirectTV does show two 3's, two 8's, two 10's and two 13's. and so does DVArchive.
it is the ReplayTV channel guide that is different. it has renumbered 3 HD to 4, and 8 HD to 9, 10 HD to 11, 13 HD to 14.

3,8,10 and 13 are my local channels that now also are broadcast in HD.

just go to DVArchive channel list for 34691, DirectTV tampa, and you will see 2 8's, etc. - no re-numbering.
i am not complaining, but for my local channels, i can't use DVArchive anymore.

You're not really teaching me anything, I am aware of duplicate channel numbers, but there has to be something different about them. How does your DirecTV tuner know whether you want the HD or SD channel 3, for example?

And, DVA isn't a ReplayTV, it is just software doing the best it can. I'm sure it is very confused by the situation as well. But, you can't change how the RTV is reacting to the situation, so pointing at how DVA is working certainly isn't the answer...

So, back to my last post, if you want it fixed, you'd have to contact the guide provider to ask them to get rid of the duplicate channels. In this case, it would probably make the most sense to contact DNNA support because they are already filtering out channels that the RTV can't receive. I'm not sure what they'll be able to do about it, but ultimately it is their guide data that is causing the problem. However, I'm not sure that DNNA would see a problem with the situation because while the RTV shows the other channel as a different channel number, it still knows how to tune to the correct channel, so I assume it is recording the SD content correctly? I don't think that DNNA is going to care much that DVA isn't working the same way as the RTV and changing the channel number, so you may not be able to get them to do much about it. In this case, your problem is really with DVA not operating the same as the RTV in this situation, so you'd have to post the problem on the DVArchive forum, where nothing will be done about it since development has ceased on it...

Another solution would be to use WiRNS to remove the HD channels from your DirecTV lineup and then both your RTVs and DVA will be happy that there is only one of each of these channels...

pratto wrote:
not to try your patience, but i don't know anywhere public to post the images to (i don't have facebook or tweet). would email work ?

There are several public image posting locations if you simply search for them. Email isn't a public image posting possiblity, it has to be something accessible from a browser...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> DVArchive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: