Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replay Continuing?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozindfw
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Replay Continuing? Reply with quote

The shutdown message on my machine has changed to: "After the announced shutdown of the ReplayTV programming guide service, we have had many positive, enthusiastic comments about the ReplayTV DVR products and services. In light of this response, ReplayTV and it's parent company Digital Networks North America, Inc. have decided to continue the electronic programming guide service pursuant to the terms of your service activation agreement. ...."

Eh?
craigconfire
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Mine is continuing too Reply with quote

My system message has too in fact changed. I wonder how long this will work.

If you can believe it my wife got me my Replaytv for christmas years ago at CompUSA. Ah the found memories. I have tried TiVo, comcast and Verizon fios DVRs and I always come back to my Replaytv. It just works and is so much easier to use. Even my four year old knows how to use it, which amazes me and scares me a little when he finds new episodes of Ben 10 to record and then watch later.

We need to find out who we can all write to. Does anyone have an address or contact? Maybe if all of us users wrote in to praise, comment, etc to them maybe this could go on even longer. I for one would find it worth my while to write and send them a letter of praise. Better than posting on a forum and hope someone sees it.

FYI my wife bought me the lifetime plan too!
bonsai
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Wish granted! Reply with quote

Poof! Your wish is granted!

DNNA has announced that guide service will continue past 7/31. There is no guarantee for how long, but longer is better than shorter. Back in 2006, everyone was trying to guess the answer to that and recently we thought we knew the answer. Perhaps five years from now we will still be trying to guess ...

To your question about contact information ...

This link reports the below information for DNNA headquarters. I do not know if it is current ...
Digital Networks North America (DNNA)
20400 Stevens Creek Blvd. Suite # 100
Cupertino, CA 95014
Corporate Fax: 973-215-2387

This link reports the below information, and should be current as it is the page reporting the continuation of service.
Phone: 254-299-2705
Operating Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm (PT)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: