Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clock set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 2000/3000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sillyname99
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:06 am    Post subject: Clock set Reply with quote

Is there any way to set the clock on a showstopper manually?

Thanks
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is are several threads dedicated to this. I don't have the URL right off hand, and I would have to search for it, the same as you would, so I'll leave that up to you...

Henry

*UPDATE* OK, I was feeling generous and search for it for you: http://www.oocities.org/flipflop7146/#clock...
sillyname99
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Henry. You are very generous.
trustbuster23
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: More on the clock set Reply with quote

Just FYI - the instructions for the patch were written for somebody who is reasonably sophisticated already. If you are not, here is the additional information you need:

(1) You need to download and install the extract_rtv program and install it in the same directory where you put the patch. That is the program that actually moves the patch off your drive and puts it onto the replayTV disk. I put that program in the same subdirectory as the patch file.

(2) to get to the windows command line, you type CMD into the Run box under windows. CD is an old DOS command to change directories, if you don't understand how that works, just put the patch and the extract RTV file into whatever the path that comes up in the command line interface using windows.

I did this to 4 different drives last week and while I was very very careful to type in the commands in the read me file exactly as written, it worked just fine for me every time. Every single drive came out fine and all seemed to work well. Given that we may be in for a bumpy ride here with DNNA, probably not a bad idea for everybody to have this hack installed, just in case the mothership goes down and we all are manually recording shows for a while.
minglam
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask what is the purpose to install this patch?

Is it after the installation will enable the Showstopper 2000 be able to do manual recording?

Thanks.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It allows you to set the ShowStopper clock without it needing to net connect. The 2000 can do manual recordings without this control panel, but if the clock is inacurate, then scheduled recordings wouldn't work very well. If you just want to do manual recordings by hitting the record button when you want to record, then you don't need this control panel or the clock set accurately...

The purpose of this thread discussion was because ReplayTV was going to shutdown their clock setting service (EPG) and so scheduled manual recordings wouldn't work very well after the ShowStopper clock drifted. Using this control panel allows you to periodically set the clock so that scheduled manual recordings will still record what you want...

However, ReplayTV has not shutdown their EPG service yet, so this information is more for what to do if and when they shut down the EPG service...

Henry
Kevbo
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just went through this process and I hope that someone else might learn from my experiments. I got the "replaytv_manual_clock_set" and went through the readme.txt. I got the extract_rtv program and placed it in the same directory as the patch (mentioned by trustbuster23).

Here's the new stuff...
1) On Windows Vista (and probably Windows 7), you will need to launch the command-prompt using the "Run as administrator" option. Otherwise, the extract_rtv program will not find the ReplayTV harddrive.

2) Step 8 says
Quote:
run "extract_rtv -p1 -w sys2/Customize/p-credits.panel simple-settime.panel"
and it may not be necessary. In my case, it caused my device to get stuck in the initial setup wizard since it could not successfully finish the communication with the server.

Two additional tidbits about the "simple-settime.panel"...
Play will turn on the serial console mode using
Quote:
ptvio on

Pause will turn off the serial console mode using
Quote:
ptvio off

(That is just from reading the script, I haven't made my custom serial cable yet.)

Since this may be specific to the Replay TV model, the above information is based on the Panasonic ShowStopper PV-HS2000.

Last edited by Kevbo on Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevbo wrote:
2) Step 8 says
Quote:
run "extract_rtv -p1 -w sys2/Customize/p-credits.panel simple-settime.panel"
and it may not be necessary. In my case, it caused my device to get stuck in the initial setup wizard.

I hope you realize that it isn't literal, it means RUN the command:

extract_rtv -p1 -w sys2/Customize/p-credits.panel simple-settime.panel

In the command prompt WITHOUT the double quotes. If you enter the command literally, with the "run" and all the rest in double quotes, that I could certainly see that being a problem...

You are correct that it may not be necessary. Step 7 and step 8 copy the control panel to the two different system directories because it doesn't know which one the RTV is booting from. So, if your RTV is booting from the first system directory, then you only need step 7, and if your RTV is booting from the second system directory, then you only need step 8. But, since you can't tell which system directory the RTV is booting from, then you perform both steps 7 and 8 to copy the control panel to both boot directories...

And, if I am taking your post wrong and you mean that the RTV went into the quick setup after this process, I would have to assume that it was just coincidence that something else was what really caused that...

Henry
The Robman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone still needs to install the clock set patch, here's a really simple script that will do it all for you (though you still need to pull the drive yourself).

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=10872

I modeled it after the simple scripts that Mikeyboy created to load the Comcast DTA codes.
tmclain55
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the Clock_set.zip Reply with quote

I just want to thank the wondeful help in getting my stubborn Showstopper 2000 clock set. I could still download the schedule daily but my unit clock was behind by an hour and 10 minutes. I didn't know if this old program wiould still work but decided that might be the only way to set my clock.
I hope to help others who may be having clock problems with these old units. I downloaded the clock_set.zip from links at this forum then printed out the brief readme.txt file. I opened my old Showstopper to get access to the 120GB HD I had upgraded to years ago. I thought I might have problems getting my computer to recognize the showstopper HD. I am using Windows 7 and when running the install.bat program which opened a CMD window I knew it was not seeing the external drive which was connected to an IDE/USB cable.
My nest step was to figure how to make Windows 7 give me Admistrator access in the CMD window. I put the clock_set.zip on a USB drive. I finally found that I had to use CONTROL-SHIFT-ENTER to bring up the access to answer Yes to have Admistrator access. I then typed CMD and then used the old dos command G: to get to my USB thumb drive. I then saw the install.bat which finally ran OK and recognized the showstopper HD and ran following the old readme.txt steps.
After disconnecting the Showstopper from my computer and connecting the HD cables again and replacing the case, I was finally ready to see if the new menu would appear. Everything magically appeared when following the old readme.txt file and you can set your clock USING GMT time right down to the second. After pushing the select on your remote, hold the powerswitch on the front of the Showstopper for 10 seconds to reboot and it finally now is working as advertised!!! Thanks to all for the help.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also instructions here for how to get your Showstopper clock set WITHOUT having to open up your unit. The clock set patch is still a good idea to ensure that you can manually set the Showstopper clock, but if you just want to get the clock set quick and easy, follow the instructions in that post. It will only be available for a limited time, however...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 2000/3000 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: