Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

IVSMagic unable to send to specific IVS address

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimwise
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: IVSMagic unable to send to specific IVS address Reply with quote

Someone requested a show from me but for some reason IVSMagic seems to just ignore the IVS. I have sent several hundred shows, several in the past few days, so I know my system is working fine except for this issue. The ISN I am trying to send to is:
00055-09166-98115

IVSTester responds back successfully, but if I use the ISN Lookup within IVSMagic or try to use IVSMagic to send the show to the ISN it just clears out the ISN entry box. No error message, no indication that it even attempted to do any work.

Is IVSMagic unable to work with this range of addresses? I am not familiar with the 00055 range, all the ones I recall working with before started with 00004.

I sent the requested show back to one of my ReplayTVs, but since it was "Received" at that point it would not let me send directly from the ReplayTV. I also have WiRNS installed but have never really used it. I see how to send shows that were recorded on my ReplayTV units and still reside there, but do not see a Send option for shows that have been transferred to my computer (using DVArchive) or that have been transferred back to the ReplayTV.

Thanks for any help/insight.
Jim
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a ReplayTV 4xxx model unit that you are trying to send to. I'm not sure that Hairston put support for 4Ks in IVSmagic...

It would also be strange if you have 5K units that someone with a 4K would be requesting a show from you. They are incompatible and 5Ks can't send shows to 4Ks, and vice versa...

Henry
jimwise
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdonzis wrote:
That is a ReplayTV 4xxx model unit that you are trying to send to. I'm not sure that Hairston put support for 4Ks in IVSmagic...

It would also be strange if you have 5K units that someone with a 4K would be requesting a show from you. They are incompatible and 5Ks can't send shows to 4Ks, and vice versa...

Henry

Ah, thank you. The requester appears to be a brand new Poopli receiver. I'll ask him if he has a 4000 unit. He may have entered in the wrong model number when he joined Poopli (he joined November 12th, shows no sends/receives so far.) And yes, both of my units are 50xx models.

Jim
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimwise wrote:
hdonzis wrote:

Henry

Ah, thank you. The requester appears to be a brand new Poopli receiver. I'll ask him if he has a 4000 unit. He may have entered in the wrong model number when he joined Poopli (he joined November 12th, shows no sends/receives so far.) And yes, both of my units are 50xx models.

Jim

The model number doesn't generate he ISN, that comes directly from the unit itself. If the ISN starts with 00055, then it is a 4K unit, regardless of the model number...

It's possible, however, that they are using WiRNS, which generates the correct type ISN dependent on the serial number that you configure WiRNS. So, it's possible that they are using WiRNS and configured it incorrectly...

However, any way you look at it, Poopli isn't supposed to allow for a 00055 ISN to request a show from a 00004 ISN...

Henry

*EDIT* I probably shouldn't have stated that so strongly about how Poopli works. You could be 100% correct that they obviously have a 4K unit given the ISN, but they configured Poopli with the incorrect model number. I wouldn't be at all surprised that Poopli bases whether it is a 4K or 5K on the model number that you select, regardless of the serial number you enter (which also has the model number) and the ISN you enter. I know that there are things that figure stuff out based on the ISN being 00055 or 00004, but maybe that's not used in regards to picking shows to request...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: