Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

reVue 1.1 a6 rebuilt for .Net 3.5 framework

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ksb
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: reVue 1.1 a6 rebuilt for .Net 3.5 framework Reply with quote

Wow, I didn't realize that folks (other than me) still used reVue. I upgraded to Windows 7 months ago and rebuilt reVue so that it would work.

This version also doesn't complain as much about file extension issues and supports the ThinkPad's browser back and forward keys (above the left and right arrow keys) to move forward and back in a multi-file playlist (just like the page up and page down have always done).

Here's a URL to an executable built for Dot Net 3.5.
http://www.planetreplay.com/software/revue/reVue11a6-dotnet35.zip

I don't recall which files you need, so I zipped the whole build folder. You should probably still use the old installer to set everything up, then before running reVue, find the install folder and replace any files there with the equivalent files from the new zip.

I'm working on a new build that also supports Windows 7 touch screens, but it's a low priority project.

--Ken
John-D
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell me more about ReVue.. I need a compact viewer, on that uses less resources than the majority of them.
ksb
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReVue is a small app designed for viewing ReplayTV MPG files, but it also works with other video files. For ReplayTV videos, it reads the corresponding .idx or .evt files to auto-skip commercials with pretty decent success.

For me, the keyboard interface and the aspect ratio controls are the best parts. Left and right arrow do reply/skip, up/down to next/prev scene, space is play/pause. These come in handy on airplanes, where trying to use the mouse to position videos is difficult. Videos shot in 16:9, but encoded in 4:3 can be cropped to slice off the letter-boxing and have the used area fill the screen.

The previous build had support for creating new video files so that you could create a new WMV (without commercials) from the source MPG, but that functionality came out of the recent build. The next version will focus on being a good player with fewer "scene editing" features and will touch-screen and gesture support so that I can adjust video positioning on-screen instead of via the keyboard.
John-D
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, will see what I can do with it (IE: Download)
kpdl
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ksb wrote:
These come in handy on airplanes

So you are saying not only does this work on the local network, but remotely as well?

Please oh please let me find more info on how to do this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> reVue All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: