Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Support For Modifying Provider Information

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:04 pm    Post subject: Support For Modifying Provider Information Reply with quote

WiRNS now supports modifying the DNNA provider information. This allows you to change the lineup type, so you can, for example, use a Satellite lineup as an OTA lineup. This feature uses the remapProvider.txt that is used for scraper files in a similar way:

In the WiRNS installation folder, create a text file named remapProvider.txt.
The format of the file is:
Original Provider Name | Renamed Provider Name | Device (Digital/Analog/etc) | Source Type (Satellite/Cable/Antenna)

Example to change a Satellite lineup into an OTA lineup:
DISH, San Antonio | Local | Analog | Cable

Original Provider Name: The name of the provider as listed in the WiRNS log. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT: The provider name may well contain 2 consecutive spaces which could easily be mistaken for 1 space. My advice when creating the remap entry is to directly copy the provider name from the WiRNS log and paste it into the remap text, rather than typing it.

Renamed Provider Name: The provider name that will appear in the WiRNS provider dropdowns and on your Replay.

Device: Digital/Analog.

Source Type: Satellite/Cable/Antenna

Any of the fields other than the Original Provider Name can be empty if you are not changing that field, but there must be four fields defined on every line where the fields can be empty between the vertical bars. For example, to change a digital cable lineup into an analog cable lineup you'd use something like:

San Antonio - Time Warner Cable || Analog |

In addition, specifying an Original Provider Name makes that lineup be included, just as if you selected it in a ReplayTV configuration. So, if you just want to have a lineup be included for some other purpose, like for DVArchive, for example, you can enter a line with just the Original Provider Name specified. For example:

San Antonio - AT&T U-verse TV |||

When the provider information is modified by this feature, the WiRNS log will show the modification information as confirmation that the file contains the desired information:

Code:
Found Satellite Lineup (in use): DISH, San Antonio (Analog Cable: Local)
Found Cable Lineup (in use): San Antonio - Time Warner Cable (Analog Cable: San Antonio - Time Warner Cable)

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added for remapProvider.txt to now support modifying the Schedules Direct provider information. It works the same way as above, so, for example, if you wanted to change a Comcast digital cable lineup to an analog cable lineup, you'd use something like:

Comcast - Digital | Comcast - Cable | Analog | Cable

And, you'd be able to tell that it worked properly by checking the WiRNS log for something like:

Code:
Found lineup: Comcast - Digital (Analog Cable: Comcast - Cable).

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: