Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ir code for SA/Cisco/Comcast rng 100 Cablebox

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV & Cable Boxes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charles Hickox
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: ir code for SA/Cisco/Comcast rng 100 Cablebox Reply with quote

I need to control this new comcast cable box. Is there anyway of adding a new Ir Code to the Replay or using an existing one? Please help. My alternative appears to be to go and buy a cable box which will respond to the existing codes in the replay and then get a cable card and pay to have it installed.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what model number cablebox you have, but I would check out this thread and this thread...

It also depends on what model ReplayTV you have as to how easy it will be for you to add IR codes...

Henry
Charles Hickox
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:33 am    Post subject: where can I get RP1 Cable and compatible Remote? Reply with quote

Replay models are 5xxx
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From your subject, what is an RP1 cable? Are you talking about a JP1 cable? Why would you want to change the remote? That doesn't help you record shows. In order to record shows, you have to configure your 5xxx with the IR blaster code to have IT change channels on your cablebox...

Henry
Charles Hickox
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: I can't get replaytv to code to the STB Reply with quote

as far as I can see this STB has no files that cab be used to make a connection (IR). I would be happy to pay someone to get this done
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you saying that it isn't any of the models that have files for them posted on AVSForum? Those two threads I posted have files for several different comcast STB models...

Henry
Charles Hickox
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears that the new comcast/cisco/rng format for Ir is "xmp" that not one of the universal remote controls understand. I have not been able to find a univeral remote which will "learn" these signals or even includes the STB in their precoded signals. This is awful. Unless their is away to translate some standard replaytv ir codes to run this STB. My Replay is useles
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would try posting your question on AVSforum. They know a lot more about remote formats there...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV & Cable Boxes All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: