Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help with WinDVA

View previous topic :: View next topic  
badge671
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Help with WinDVA Reply with quote

Well, the good news.. I got my DVArchive to work with Vista. No more ".XML" errors. I have it running with WinDVA, and running that as Administrator.

However, I'm still a bit confused on exactly how to operate WinDVA. At first, I installed it as a service. I'd just right-click on WinDVA, run as Administrator, and DVA would pop up.. smooth sailing. When I'd right-click on the WinDVA system tray icon and click "exit", DVA would close down. No problem. But, only if I left my computer on. If I restarted my computer and tried to run WinDVA, I'd get "Error, Already Running", or I'd get one from DVA saying, "DVA has detected another copy of itself already running". Okay, so this is because I installed it to run as a service, correct? WinDVA already had launched it when I rebooted? I only ask because when I installed it as a service and rebooted my computer, I wouldn't see DVArchive start up on the desktop. But, like I said, if I tried running WinDVA, it would tell me it was already running, or that there were 2 copies detected. Am I just not waiting long enough for WinDVA to launch DVA when I restart my computer? (Did I just answer my own question?) LOL

What is the proper way to shut down DVA when using WinDVA? Do I exit out of DVArchive, or just exit out of WinDVA?? It just seems impossible to get rid of that "2 copies detected already running" message once it gets started.
blondangel
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: This is how I stop WinDVA Reply with quote

WinDVA is an interesting app. If you have it running as a service and you try to quit DVArchive, then WinDVA would think something is wrong and try to restart DVArchive.

From the readme file of WinDVA:
First, WinDVA doesn't stop you from closing DVArchive via its "File | Quit" menu or the Windows "Close" button. However, WinDVA tries to detect when this has happened so that it may automatically restart DVArchive.

So, if you want to stop both WinDVA and DVArchive, you have to do the following:

1) open Task Manager and go to the processes tab.

2) stop the WinDVA process

3) stop the javaw.exe process (that's the DVArchive program).

That's how I do it on mine. Please respond to this topic and let us know how it goes for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> DVArchive All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: