Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two ReplayTV 2000s with one tv?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 2000/3000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pdxreplay
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Two ReplayTV 2000s with one tv? Reply with quote

I have two replay 2000's, each with lifetime subscriptions. I've upgraded each with 80 gig hard drives.

I'm wondering, can I get a splitter for my Comcast cable signal, split it to each recorder, and then use RCA cables to connect each to my tv.

Then, switch between TV inputs (i.e. channel 2 for one and channel 3 for the other). Could I set up each for recording, different shows?

I think my tv has 2 or 3 video inputs. Coax, RCA, S-Video (might hav two RCA inputs)

Does this sound 'do-able'?

Anyone else have two recorders? I'm trying to see, what I can do with the second.

hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't any reason that you can't put mulitple Replays on a single TV any more than putting a VCR, DVD, game unit, etc. all on a single TV, nor any more than putting several Replays on several TVs...

You'll probably have a bit of a problem with the remote control, however, and one of the solutions is to always keep one Replay on and the other one off. Also, some of the Replay models have the capability of changing the remote code, but I don't know if the 2K is one of them or not...

Splitting the signal into the Replays should work fine. Just as fine as if you wanted to hook up a Replay and a VCR. However, you wouldn't switch between channel 2 and channel 3. There isn't any reason that you can't independtly setup recordings on each Replay, and if you use the video outputs then you would simply select the unit from the TV input select. The only case where you'd need to switch between the two Replays would be if you were using the coax input into the TV, in which case you could set one of the Replays to channel 3 and the other to channel 4 (unless the 2K uses 2 and 3, but most RF devices use 3 and 4). Anyway, if you use the video outputs/inputs, then channels are irrelevant...

Henry
John-D
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your television has multiple line inputs and you use RCA cables (RED/WHITE/YELLOW to hook up then it will work very well

If your television has only ONE line in, then do this

Cable--SPlitter

splitter----Replay 1---coax to ANT/Cable in on TV
Splitter ---Replay 2====RCA cable to LINE IN on TV

NOTE: you will have to set the prefix code on the replays or they will get confused, or turn on one manually and (the line out one) and make sure only one of them is turned on at a time

Alternate method (No line in on TV)

Cable==Replay 2==Replay 1==Television

ONLY turn on REplay 1, put replay 2 in a Infred proff loaction. ONly turn it on (Turning 1 off) when you need to DELETE a channel or do somethign else it that requires "Local" control

Last edited by John-D on Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Eddief452
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@John-D
You should have checked the date of the second to last post.
John-D
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I should have.. Still ,that's how to do it 3 ways

I also have to remember to turn off E_mail notice
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 2000/3000 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: