Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Universal Remote for Showstopper and 2000/3000

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 2000/3000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iluvdvr
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Best Universal Remote for Showstopper and 2000/3000 Reply with quote

need to get a new universal remote for a showstopper and a couple old replays. (2000/3000)

one remote worked all 3 just fine till it quit working on me.

any suggestions on what works best, and isn't overly pricey.

looking to spend 10 to 20 bucks, not 40 to 50.

and OEMs were so bad, that those don't seem a good option even if i could get one.

my OEMs not working properly, so learning remote isn't a good option.

have been using a philips PMDVD6 which i got off ebay which came pre programmed for my units and worked well, but it's not funtioning properly anymore. (lost code, and won't seem to re-code per philips instructions) (rewind pad was going bad anyway)

funny thing, i still have 2 OEM remotes that i quit using only because of the common "select" button issue, but since being put in storage, the entire toggle section and play/ff/rew/pause/stop/rec/ sections have also stopped working on BOTH. red light doesn't even go on when most of these keys pressed, so assume affected pads went bad with time even tough not used. (tried hitting the replaytv button at top left, and even resetting. no luck on either). section above toggle and bottom section, (jump display, ect,) of both still work fine. seems strange all toggle and play section pads of both would go almost totally bad while in storage, but others still work fine.

i have 3 units, 1 showstopper 1 2000 and 1 3000, and use all almost daily, so it's not the units to my knowledge.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you liked the Philips PMDVD6, then you'll LOVE the Philips PMDVR8! It has ALL of the ShowStopper buttons, which the PMDVD6 didn't, which is why it required programming. It's definitely less than 20 bucks!

Henry
iluvdvr
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:49 pm    Post subject: remote Reply with quote

thanks for the heads up.

looked for the philips pmdvd8 at a couple local stores with no luck.

since i needed one as of yesterday, due to having no working remote, i bought a universal at Big Lots for 5.99.

seems to work fine, and even has a quick skip button labled as such.

it does take 2 steps to get to my recorded shows, but i was glad to get one on the cheap that did the trick.

i liked the layout and shape of the philips better, so maybe i'll order one off the web now that i have one to use in the meantime.
harthenry
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Remote Reply with quote

Here you go. Got this at my local drug store for 8 bucks. It is great

http://www.twirp.com/en/index.php
nixoda
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techforless.com had the philips for under $20 plus shipping
________
herb scales
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV 2000/3000 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: