Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Todo showing wrong show will record

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skeeterfood
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Todo showing wrong show will record Reply with quote

If two shows conflict, the show that the Replay WILL record is shown as "Will Not Record" and the show it WILL NOT record is shown as "Will Record".

For example:
Tonight House was from 7:00-8:01 PM and Scrubs was from 8:00-8:30 PM. House was set to record first, so when I added the Scrubs recording, the Replay asked me what to do and I picked to record Scrubs anyway since House was a repeat. On the Replay's guide it showed Scrubs with the red circles and House with the gray ones and Scrubs was recorded as expected (well almost, stupid Digital Cable box didn't tune correctly...). However, the WiRNS Todo showed House would record and Scrubs would not.

-John
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIRNS can't know how conflicts are manually resolved. There are rules for the Replay resolving conflicts which arise due to scheduling changes and they are outlined in your User's Guide. Unfortunately, when you manually resolve a conflict, that information is only kept within the Replay and it does not make it accessible to the outside world. So, WiRNS can only follow the rules that are in the User's Guide assuming that the Replay is resolving the conflicts on its own. Since House was programmed first, it took preference over Scrubs. That's what would have happened if you had programmed the two shows before there was a conflict and then it just happened that they were both airing tonight causing a conflict. The default of the Replay if you had not manually overridden it would have been to record House...

By the way, I hope you at least got the second episode of Scrubs airing from 8:30 to 9:00. I recorded both episodes, so I'll be happy to send them to you if you want to request them from me on Poopli. But, just so you know, ABC will be rerunning both those episoded next Monday at 7:00 - 7:30 and 7:30 - 8:00...

Henry
skeeterfood
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the explanation. Maybe the Todo page needs a note that it may not be accurate if manual conflict resolution has been done on the Replay. I just need to get my second Replay unpacked and running so it's no longer an issue. Moving sucks...

Thanks for the offer. I got the second episode just fine and they're rerunning them both tonight (man I should be in bed) starting at 7 here.

-John
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skeeterfood wrote:
Thanks for the offer. I got the second episode just fine and they're rerunning them both tonight (man I should be in bed) starting at 7 here.

I meant to say tomorrow (Wednesday) at 7:00 and 7:30. But, that's in the evening, not morning...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> WiRNS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: