Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

backup servers are down once again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mrlorider
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: backup servers are down once again Reply with quote

it seems like a daily think for me to write and complain about the backup servers being down.
no need to check Lunatic Haven, here it is:
IVS Status is: rddns is up (As of 2008-12-07 14:33:08 EST)

Example: 00000-12345-67890

Backup Server 1 Status is: backup rddns 1 is down :..( (As of 2008-12-07 14:32:59 EST)
Backup Server 2 Status is: backup rddns 2 is down :..( (As of 2008-12-07 14:37:14 EST)
Backup Server 3 Status is: backup rddns 3 is down :..( (As of 2008-12-07 14:39:15 EST)

THATS TODAYS DATE AND TIME FOLKS.
Why are the backups continually going down?
Who should we be contacting about this?
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE? Backup servers are provided as a courtesy to the community for when the main server is down for FREE! Volunteers have been requested numerous times. If you want to complain or contact someone, try volunteering and make it your own responsibilty for their operation. Using them is a choice, you don't have to use them, either...

Henry
Mrlorider
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was advised to switch to the back servers full time.
Im only looking for answers has to why they are down all the time.
If you cant help explain why they are down, then why are u commenting?
Your not helping, your flaming, which is rude.
Dont point your fingers at me for asking questions as to why they are down.
I have never ever seen or heard of anyone asking for volunteers for the backups?
So dont assume that i knew? THAT is rude also.
Maybe pointing me in the right direction to offer my help or services would be the smart thing for you to do.
But i see in your response you couldnt do that, u would rather be rude and try to make me out to be bad guy.
I have donated my time and money to support not only replaytv, but also dvarchive and avsforum.
If you are looking for posters for you to be rude too, go somewhere else flamer, i dont have the time or the energy for people who do not help but only make the matter worse by complaining about my complaints.

Later HATER

hdonzis wrote:
WE? Backup servers are provided as a courtesy to the community for when the main server is down for FREE! Volunteers have been requested numerous times. If you want to complain or contact someone, try volunteering and make it your own responsibilty for their operation. Using them is a choice, you don't have to use them, either...

Henry
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your original post was very rude and inflammatory! Using CAPS is yelling. You didn't really ask a question, you were accusatory. As I said, using the backup servers is a personal choice. There isn't any point in your complaining about it daily. Most everyone knows that they are down and most everyone knows that they have been down a lot lately. I would suggest that you switch back to using the regular server. I'm not sure what advice you are referring to or who posted it, but if you aren't happy with the suggestion (and it couldn't be anything more than a suggestion), then you should go back to using the regular server...

Henry
scooby42
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using IVSmagic, how do you switch back to using the regular server? or is there a way you can use both?

thanks
scooby42
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess a corollary of my previous post is how do people initiate transfers if both primary and backup servers are down?

thanks again
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scooby42 wrote:
I guess a corollary of my previous post is how do people initiate transfers if both primary and backup servers are down?

If all the servers were down, then you'd have to be running IVSProvider (via WiRNS) and either the ISN info would be in cache or you'd have to manually enter it into the conf file...

IVSmagic may have a similar way of providing this, I don't remember...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: