Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't Install With .NET Too New

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pauldow
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Can't Install With .NET Too New Reply with quote

I installed the current version (3.5) of the .NET framework, but when I try to install reVue, I get the message" "This setup requires the .NET Framework 1.1.4322. Please install the Framework and run this setup again. The .NET Framework can be obtained from the web. Would you like to do this now? YES/NO"

Why would any install program require such an old version and not just run the check with a greater-than symbol? Is there a way to get around this without installing obsolete software?

Thanks
pauldow
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After further investigation I see that Microsoft has all the older versions available for downloading. Their download page says you need the appropriate version based on what the application was written for.

So it looks like multiple versions of the .NET framework are needed based on the application. I downloaded the 1.1 framework and got ReVue to install.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> reVue All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: