Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does anyone know about the MPG Serial Protocol?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
w220s
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: Does anyone know about the MPG Serial Protocol? Reply with quote

I wanted to find out if anyone knows about the protocol that ReplayTV uses to communicate with satellite receiver Sony SAT-A50.
I need to integrate a Sony SAT-A50 receiver with an RF Receiver and a computer.
This is what I need to do: I have a pronto RF Remote that sends commands to an RF receiver. Then, the RF receiver will be connected to a computer thru a CAN interface. Then the computer would translate the RF command to whatever protocol goes over the "Low Speed Data" connection. The missing part here is the protocol that the Sony receiver understands which according to Sony's website is MPG serial protocol.

I would appreciate if anyone can provide me with this protocol or with information on how to get it.
Thanks in adavance for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: