Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Visit our partner site: ReplayFAQs.com
Back to top page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FireFox 3 beta 3 and Poopli + IVSMagic script?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corgi1
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: FireFox 3 beta 3 and Poopli + IVSMagic script? Reply with quote

Downloaded the new beta 3 of FireFox 3 and it appears that the Poopli + IVSmagic script does not work in the new version. The Greasemonkey extension is compatible and enabled, but none of the PoopMagic script features are there.
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lame.

I'll try to download the FF3 beta and see if I can figure anything out.
rrankins
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this ever addressed? I'd like to try FF3 now that it's about ready, but don't want to give up my PoopMagic

Thanks,
-Ray
corgi1
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so. I uninstalled FF3 after that and have not tried the current RC1 release.
corgi1
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone tried the new release of Firefox 3 with the PoopMagic script?
rrankins
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup - tried it yesterday with the final release and it still doesn't work with FF3.

It adds the MyPoopli page, but doesn't display the show send status info (didn't try to see if worked for sending shows though - I'll try that tomorrow when I'm back on my work computer).

-Ray
JRWilliams308
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried to send a show with Poopmagic. none of the options are there.

00004-54831-48961

00004-54831-47150

RTV5040
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
malsbury
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Re: FireFox 3 beta 3 and Poopli + IVSMagic script? Reply with quote

corgi1 wrote:
Downloaded the new beta 3 of FireFox 3 and it appears that the Poopli + IVSmagic script does not work in the new version. The Greasemonkey extension is compatible and enabled, but none of the PoopMagic script features are there.

Just setting up my laptop after a drive failure and upgraded to FF3 and Poopli IVSMagic release 0.11 and also have no options other then the initial dialog box for the IVSm server address.

Glad to see I am not the only one with the problem, but also a little distressed that this problem has not been addressed since corgi brought it up over 4 months ago.

Is the Poopli+IVSm integration project still under development? I see no new releases have been generated since 10/2007.

That being said, until my hard drive died I was running FF2 w/ Poopmagic v0.9, but I would hate to have to roll back after seeing how much more stable FF3 is and that the memory issues that plagued FF2 have been addressed.
malsbury
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: FireFox 3 beta 3 and Poopli + IVSMagic script? Reply with quote

Alright, I've done a little research overnight and it looks like the problem was introduced when Greasemonkey was updated to work with FF3 (Version 0.7.20080121.0). Several changes were made to improve Greasemonkey's security.

Specifically, GM_xmlhttpRequest, GM_getValue and GM_setValue, all of which are used in the Poopli+IVSm script.

The Greasemonkey wiki has a post on a workaround for making old scripts compatible with the new security checks.

http://wiki.greasespot.net/0.7.20080121.0_compatibility

I'll tinker a little tonight to see if the simple work around does the trick. If not, someone with a whole lot more script skill may need to rework the script to comply with the new security checks.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.
berkland
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded FF3 this weekend. The latest in CVS works with FF3.
corgi1
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi berkland, please forgive my ignorance but what does "the latest in CVS works" mean? Is there a new version of the poopmagic script available?
emmarie
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have no idea what this means. I took a look at the link to the workaround, but it might as well be Greek. Is there someone that can explain how to implement the workaround?
corgi1
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried upgrading to FF3 and the latest Greasemonkey extension. Installed the latest PoopMagic script v.11, but as before it does not work. I looked over the Greasemonkey workaround posted above and somewhat understand it but could not find anyplace in the script to inject the modification. Hopefully someone else can figure this out or edit the script to work with FF3. Still have no clue what Berkland meant by "the latest in CVS works with FF3".
rlauwereins
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I should have done some homework reading this thread before I went and updated to FF3. Same issue here - PoopMagic not fully working. Not techie enough to figure it out, either. Hopefully a fix will be found soon.
jhagen
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What berkland means is the source file has been updated in the CVS repository. The CVS repository is here: http://poopliivsmagic.cvs.sourceforge.net/poopliivsmagic/poopliivsm/scripts/?sortby=date
On the 1.61 right click select "view user script source" this will open a new window and greasemonkey should open a bar at the top to install it.

I have not moved to FF3 but I have installed it under FF2.
TakeTheActive
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Confusion Re: GreaseMonkey Script Location on SourceForge... Reply with quote

Why isn't the latest PoopliIVSmagic GreaseMonkey script located in the DOWNLOAD section?

A "non-developer" would probably idea! go to SourceForge.Net, SEARCH for "PoopliIVSmagic", CLICK on the DOWNLOAD Tab and proceed to download: poopliivsmagic.0.11.user.js (2007-10-18 04:17)

...while it appears that the LATEST version is actually located on the CVS Tree, CODE Tab -> CVS Browse -> poopliivsm -> scripts/ : poopliivsmagic.user.js - Revision [url=http://poopliivsmagic.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/poopliivsmagic/poopliivsm/scripts/poopliivsmagic.user.js?revision=1.61]1.61[/url] - 4 weeks - berkland - moved new image into the script - made ivs tester URL configurable. (pHpBB doesn't appear to like the asterisks in the URL.)

How does:
  • The LATEST DOWNLOAD version [0.11 - (2007-10-18 04:17)] relate to the LATEST CVS TREE version [1.61 - (Sat Jul 5 05:24:42 2008 UTC (4 weeks, 4 days ago) by berkland)]?

• The OLDEST DOWNLOAD version [0.3 - (2006-02-13 07:29)] relate to the OLDEST CVS TREE version [1.1 - (Sat Feb 11 07:19:50 2006 UTC (2 years, 5 months ago) by douglips)]?
i.e. How do the different "versions" (0.11 vs 1.61; 0.3 vs 1.1) relate to the actual dates? Why don't they match? It's confusing.

IMO, I would have expected to see v1.1 (assuming v1.100) in DOWNLOAD and v1.101, v1.102, v1.103... in CVS. Leading to v1.6 in DOWNLOAD and v1.601, v1.602, v1.603... in CVS. Or at least something along those lines.

Would someone more knowledgeable about SourceForge and CVS (douglips?, berkland?, Henry?, Glenn?, Ryan?) please explain how all of this "fits together" to the "non-developers"?

WHERE should we "non-developers" look first for the LATEST version?

Thanks!

P.S. to jhagen

Thanks for the CVS LINK! I would have never thought to look there for the LATEST version...

P.P.S. to berkland

Thanks for making the script compatible with FireFox 3.0!!! It's too bad that many "non-developers" didn't know where to find it...
rrankins
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I can finally use the IVSMAgic/Poopli script with FF3.

I agree - this version should be moved to the main download section so everyone can find and download it - or at least put a link to it somewhere it can be easily found (like in a sticky message).

-Ray
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Confusion Re: GreaseMonkey Script Location on SourceForg Reply with quote

TakeTheActive wrote:
Would someone more knowledgeable about SourceForge and CVS (douglips?, berkland?, Henry?, Glenn?, Ryan?) please explain how all of this "fits together" to the "non-developers"?

Actually, it has nothing to do with SourceForge and completely to do with how CVS works. You can't control version numbers in CVS and each time you change any little thing, it bumps the version number. In addition, with multiple files in CVS, each one has its own version number for how many times it has been updated. So, there's no such thing as an overall version number for the entire project. The only way to make version numbers is to introduce tags into the CVS project, as I did for Extract GUI. That makes a good example where you can see that I added the version tags of 1.6, 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, and 1.0.5, but you can still see that the CVS versions simply go in sequential order...

Henry
corgi1
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link, jhagen. FF3 is now installed and the PoopMagic script is working as before.
scoot13
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't work for me... I've installed and uninstalled and uninstalled the old version, reinstalled... I can't get it to do anything
or on Soundclick
corgi1
Replay elitist
Replay elitist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoot, here's what I did that worked for me:

1. Opened FF2, right-clicked greasemonkey icon and chose Manage User Scripts. Then uninstalled the poopli script. Closed FF2.

2. Downloaded FF3 and installed it over FF2.

3. Started FF3 and updated to the latest Greasemonkey extension. Restarted FF3.

4. Used the link provided above by jhagen for the new poopmagic script.

5. Greasemonkey did not automatically install the script when I viewed it, so I saved it in notepad as a text file named "poopliivsmagic.161.user.js" to my hard drive. In FF3 I did a file open and browsed to the saved script. Greasemonkey then installed it and it worked when I loaded Poopli.com

Hope this helps.
scoot13
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Corgi! I tried all of that except for saving the file locally. That seemed to make the difference and now it is working great!
or on Soundclick
emmarie
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Woo Hoo! Reply with quote

Yippee! Thank you all so much for fixing this.

-em
JRWilliams308
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this place....

00004-54831-48961

00004-54831-47150

RTV5040
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I've been distracted.

At one point I polished up the web page and the script in order to put it on my resume, and it worked - I got a new job. Unfortunately, it means I'm too busy to watch ReplayTV let alone hack on it. It's an awesome job, though, so it's worth it.

Anyway, I've released the latest version that Doug B. mentioned above - so now it's in the download section.

Oh, and for TakeTheActive:
I've released the latest version that Doug B. mentioned above - so now it's in the download section.

Main web page:
http://poopliivsmagic.sourceforge.net/index.html

Download page:
https://sourceforge.net/project/platformdownload.php?group_id=159635
Remember that you may have to click the "direct link" before GreaseMonkey notices and lets you install.
eclectic
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

douglips wrote:

I've released the latest version that Doug B. mentioned above - so now it's in the download section.

ROTFLMFAO
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I just tried the script from CVS and it didn't work. However the good news is that the one Doug put in the Download section does. YIPPEE!!!!!
Love you guys. Thanks
________
roor bong pictures

Last edited by nixoda on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
TakeTheActive
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Posting a vicious STAB at someone takes just seconds... Reply with quote

eclectic wrote:
douglips wrote:

ROTFLMFAO

IMHO :
  • The TECHIEs have NO FRACKING IDEA how far behind the non-TECHIEs are regarding ReplayTV / etc 'things'.
  • The NON-TECHIEs *REALLY* need something BLASTED IN THEIR FACES (i.e. via FONT, SIZE, BOLD) for them to READ IT. (They didn't comprehend berkland's ORIGINAL post until jhagen explained it now, did they? ).
  • The LURKERs (silently ) *APPRECIATE* the fact that I brought berkland's *VALUABLE* contribution to their attention. thumbsup
  • Without a WORKING WATCH, *YOU* (realistically) have no idea WHAT TIME IT IS... stick out tongue

"If you don't have anything nice to say..."

AFAIK, you wrote ONE REPLAYTV-related SCRIPT and I assembled SEVERAL REPLAYTV-related FAQs - have I ever publically ridiculed you?

Posting a vicious STAB at someone takes just seconds - assembling a FAQ / SCRIPT / PROGRAM takes HOURS / DAYS / WEEKS/ MONTHS! disgusted
TakeTheActive
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: I thought berkland was the author of the latest revision? Reply with quote

douglips wrote:
Sorry guys, I've been distracted...

...Anyway, I've released the latest version that Doug B. mentioned above...

Who's Doug B.?

I thought berkland was the author of the latest revision?
douglips
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TakeTheActive - I'm sorry - I didn't mean that as an insult. I was trying to be funny, I certainly didn't mean to offend or ridicule, but I see how that could be the impression I gave.

I need to remember to "smile when you say that, pardner".

And: Doug B. is berkland - one of the two Dougs who worked on the script.

Sorry for the confusion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: