Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ReplayTV Customer Service SUCKS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nycnftm
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: ReplayTV Customer Service SUCKS Reply with quote

Fifteen minutes on hold waiting to speak with an agent. Every minute it updated saying how much longer. Finally my turn to talk! "We are sorry we are currently closed, please leave a message" @^$@#!!!! The other day I waited longer and never got through, this call is not free.
rm -rf *.*
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup.

They used to be good, then Sonic|Blue moved the call center to India and they sucked, then DNNA moved the call center back to Waco Texas and they were good again, then they downsized it and now it's the pits trying to get ahold of someone.

Unfortunately, there are some things that you have no choice but to call them for.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rm -rf *.* wrote:
They used to be good, then Sonic|Blue moved the call center to India and they sucked

Actually, they moved the OVERFLOW call center to India and they sucked. But, you could tell by the sound of the telephone ring whether it was going through to India or Waco. If I got an India ring, I would just hang up (I couldn't even stand their music on hold!)...

Henry
rm -rf *.*
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdonzis wrote:
rm -rf *.* wrote:
They used to be good, then Sonic|Blue moved the call center to India and they sucked

Actually, they moved the OVERFLOW call center to India and they sucked. But, you could tell by the sound of the telephone ring whether it was going through to India or Waco. If I got an India ring, I would just hang up (I couldn't even stand their music on hold!)...

Henry

Ahhh. Didn't realize that. Every damn time I called, I got India, hence I thought they moved the whole thing.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rm -rf *.* wrote:
hdonzis wrote:
rm -rf *.* wrote:

Henry

Ahhh. Didn't realize that. Every damn time I called, I got India, hence I thought they moved the whole thing.

Yeah, well in working with them to RMA my first 5080 FOUR TIMES in the first year warranty (I only paid shipping the first time, I made them pay it the other three), you learn a few things. They finally gave me their direct to Waco secret Special Services phone number because of the problems I was having. Of course, all of those numbers have long been disconnected...

Henry
rm -rf *.*
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap!

Four RMAs on the same box in the first year?

I'm suprised you didn't tell them to shove the thing up their azz. I'm pretty patient and amicable with stuff like that, but after the third time I'd start to get a bit ticked off.
hdonzis
Planet Overlord

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rm -rf *.* wrote:
Holy crap!

Four RMAs on the same box in the first year?

I'm suprised you didn't tell them to shove the thing up their azz. I'm pretty patient and amicable with stuff like that, but after the third time I'd start to get a bit ticked off.

Yeah, I still have the "facts" sheet sitting her on my desk all covered with dates and peoples names and such. You can imagine that I was pretty upset, that's how I ended up with the secret direct-to-Waco Special Services phone number. The last RMA was a disaster because they didn't have any exchange units and I had to send my unit in and wait for them to repair it and return it. It was the only time that my serial number didn't change (since they repaired it instead of exchanging it), so it was also the only time that I didn't have to call back in after receiving the exchange to get my lifetime activation transferred (which was supposed to happen automatically)...

Henry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: