Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replay Integration to 4DTV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cliffcor
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Replay Integration to 4DTV Reply with quote

Replay Integration with 4DTV
Many folks remember some time ago that I talked about a device to couple the Replay (and yeah, TIVO) to the 4DTV Satellite system. The Model 2 of the DVRBB device is now available. The site to check this is:

www.DVRBLACKBOX.com

I don't work for DVRBB but have been the volunteer system tester for them. If you have a 4DTV it's worth a look.

Cliff
gavron
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: How To Reply with quote

Did you happen to write up a HowTo? I just got my DVRBB and I have tons of questions.

For example...

Lineup:
1. Which is preferable, the Metaconnect or DirecTV lineup?
2. How do I choose the DirecTV lineup?
3. If I do choose the DirecTV lineup will I have less channels in the guide?

Programming:
4. It says I need to run something to download something. Does this mean I have a useless brick until I connect it up to a Windows PC and run some .EXE file I've never heard of?
5. If true, Is there an open-source or Linux downloader?
6. Do I need to do this regularly or just once?
7. If just once why didn't they do it before they shipped it to me?

Use:
8. Do I need to use WiRNS?
9. Do i need to use an XML scraper?
10. How do I set that all up?

NOTE: I do actually have Metaconnect MSN XMLTV scraped via WiRNS and provided to my Win2K PC running TuneItAll... but I wanted to put all the questions out so that the answers would be more comprehensive rather than just helping me (which they would.)

Thanks for your time and hard work

Ehud
gavron
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Re: How To Reply with quote

Having experienced some trial and error and all the manuals on their site *roll eyes*

gavron wrote:
Did you happen to write up a HowTo? I just got my DVRBB and I have tons of questions.

For example...

Lineup:
1. Which is preferable, the Metaconnect or DirecTV lineup?
2. How do I choose the DirecTV lineup?
3. If I do choose the DirecTV lineup will I have less channels in the guide?

I am still confused by this. I want to do MetaConnect plus my Comcast ... but if I select zip for Metaconnect I can't select my comcast.

How do I get around this?

Quote:

Programming:
4. It says I need to run something to download something. Does this mean I have a useless brick until I connect it up to a Windows PC and run some .EXE file I've never heard of?
5. If true, Is there an open-source or Linux downloader?
6. Do I need to do this regularly or just once?
7. If just once why didn't they do it before they shipped it to me?

Ok, it IS a Windows program (doesn't run in WINE either). I understand they don't preload it because they don't know what I'll choose... so that's clear.

Quote:

Use:
8. Do I need to use WiRNS?
9. Do i need to use an XML scraper?
10. How do I set that all up?

I'm beginning to think that I'm going to have to give up on Metaconnect if I want to quit using WiRNS. Specifically I can't think of a way to do what I want without:
1. Using the real zip code
2. Using comcast with IR (already doing that)
3. Using DirecTV channel lineup with serial instead of Metaconnect
Won't I lose lots of channels on the 4DTV/Metaconnect lineup not on the DirecTV lineup?

Quote:

Thanks for your time and hard work

Ehud

Indeed

Ehud
gavron
Replay fan
Replay fan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: dvrbbprg DOES work in linux Reply with quote

After some twiddling, I found that dvrbbprg DOES work in Linux under WINE. Nothing special other than just double-clicking its icon or entering its name on the command line!

The key is to ensure that the comm port is accessible to the unprivileged user... or running it as superuser.

I actually edited /etc/udev/rules.d/50-udev.rules and changed the protection mask from 0666 to 0777 on tty[A-Z]* ...

Ehud
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> ReplayTV & 4DTV All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: