Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loopback problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmduke7
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Loopback problem Reply with quote

I am trying to use the loopback feature in IVSmagic. I ran the test and is says mt router supports the loopback feature. When I send the show to my local ReplayTV it says "loopback send to 00004-54832-11xxx was successful. please check your replay and select accept to start the local transfer". When I go to my ReplayTV unit and accept the show, it will not start the transfer.

The router I have is an Apple Airport Extreme (802.11G). I would figure if I could accept the show from my RTV, I should be able to use the loopback feature.

I do have something that may or may not be related. When I go into DVArchive properties and select the Web Server Tab and then select (check) "Enable Web server" box and then hit save, I will get an error. The error reads "The Web Server was not able to start. Please see the messages tap for more info". So when I go there it reads "Error starting Web Server. Address already in use: JVM_Bind". Could this be related?

Please help!!!
sanjonny
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARe you allowing a long time for the send to start. It can take up to a couple hours before it will start. Most of the time it starts within a half hour but it can be much longer.
jmduke7
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes I did allow ample time. In fact I let it run overnight and nothing was downloaded. I am just at a loss because everything seems to work as normal with the exception of the movie not downloading. Could it be my router? Does anyone have a airport extreme and is also using the loopback feature?
sanjonny
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I really don't know much about how the apple router you mentioned worked.

I know that loopback for me was much harder to get to work with ivsmagic than with wirns.

Something else you might want to make sure is that all the firewall stuff is off. That could stop them from talking. Both firewall on the router and on the computers running the software.

But from what I understand, the replay says that it can receive the show but never starts downloading. What does the show say later on? Usually it will say like "unable to find show on remote replay" or something like that if there is a connection issue.
jmduke7
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have disabled just about everything and anything I can. It just still will not work. I am sure it is something I am overlooking.

When I send a show from my actual Replay (5060) unit (to anyone out there in cyberspace), it will send perfectly. I can stream from my Replay (5060) to any other replays (5580) I have and to my DVArchive on my Mac and PC. I can download the shows from my Replay 5060 and 5580 to the same two DVArchives. I can also recieve shows from other people on my Replay unit (5060). It is when I do a loopback send from my Virtual Replay to my Replay 5060 I get the prompt of the show and I will accept it. It just will not download. The same goes for when I send it from my Virtual Replay to any other user. It will eventually state that it is experiencing network problems and that I should check my internet connection. I have completely uninstalled Wirns, DVArchive, and IVSmagic and now will reinstall for about the 10th time to see if that will help. After that, I will just give up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: