Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setup Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohninLA
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Setup Problems Reply with quote

I have been searching and reading messages here, but am as confused as ever.

I've been running IVSmagic for quite a while, and love it. Monitoring my sends and receives from my physical RPTV is a great feature, and works perfectly, except for my local guide. I thought I have my setup done correctly, editing the ini file, and the httpd.conf files. I also forwarded ports on my Dlink router, using port 7777 as suggested.

My status page indicates "thumbs up" for all systems, and it appears things are cool. But, my local guide and Poopli are not updating, showing programs that were long ago deleted. I've updated, made sure the update boxes are all checked on the Scheduler page. I've refreshed and restarted IVS Magic

Here is from my status page:

application status
show send status-OK
local guide send status-OK
loopback send status-OK

web port browser interface is bound to 192.168.0.150 port 8080
show send proxy server is bound to 192.168.0.150 ports 29000, 7777
backup rddns servers are ENABLED (using backup.rddns.cc)
update of backup rddns servers is ENABLED (using backup.rddns.cc)
time offset is set to 13 secs
vacation mode is OFF
virtual replay is ENABLED
scheduler is RUNNING (3 hrs 54 mins until next update)
show sends are in progress (1 total, 0 active)

When I go to the replay page and do a lookup,

virtual replay (local guide)
ip address port nickname isn serial number rddns
192.168.0.150 7777 JAS_DVA 00004-74651-68482

I get this error:
could not contact remote replay, but rddns lookup succeeded. isn: 00004-74651-68482 ip: 76.171.xxx.xx port: 8080!

My DVA guide is not updating and I cannot monitor sends from my local guide. What have I forgotten?

Thanks for any help.
na9d

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of IVSMagic are you running? You should not need to manually edit the config files any more with the newest version...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sanjonny
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The strange thing is that your virtual replay is passing ivstest. It doesn't make sense that it passes the test but "cannot be contacted" to update the guide.

Although I think it is passing because of the ivsm proxy.

Did you change anything recently (other than the automatic update)

The poopli not updating makes sense because it won't update till the connection is made so the real problem is it not talking to the local guide.

I am not somewhere I can check my ivsm setup, but in the setup file there is a place that you can configure for all your files locations, maybe that is incorrect and pointing to the wrong place. When I get back to my computer I can tell you which file to look in, but it is in the setup file somewhere.
JohninLA
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm running 0.9.8.13 beta. I have not changed anything in any of my setups recently, that I can remember. I changed the config files per the instructions I found here and in the install folder. I've been running IVSmagic for over a year, but never was able to get the local guide to run properly.

I received a Poopli request yesterday for one of the files on my local guide, and sent it. The receiver said she accepted the transfer, but I couldn't see any update on my end. I haven't heard back from them as to whether or not it was actually transferring.

I'll see if there's a newer version, and update.
sanjonny
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

in your ivsm.ini file what does it say for local guide. For example mine says:
; Local path where NDX, MPG, EVT, and XML show data files are located
; Leave blank or comment out if you do not maintain show data files on your PC.
local_guide_path=E:\replaytv\replaytvstore\5k

Do you have multiple directories separated by a comma there and is that pointing to the right directory for you? I know in the past, I added directories to my setup and forgot to add them to the ivsm setup (like a knucklehead I know)

Also check your ivsm...conf file and make sure things look okay there.

If all that looks right, I would suggest turning off the scheduler and turning off the virtual replay rebooting and then turning on the virtual replay. That might redetect or reset the problem.
Then try to manually update the local guide and see if the same errors happen.

Let us know what happens next.
JohninLA
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your help.

My ivsm.ini file shows:

; Local path where NDX, MPG, EVT, and XML show data files are located
; Leave blank or comment out if you do not maintain show data files on your PC.
local_guide_path=D:\Local_Guide

This is where I download my shows, and where my RPTV shows are located. I checked the ivsm.conf file, and all looks normal there, from what I can tell.

I turned off the scheduler and virtual replay as you suggested, restarted IVSMagic, and did a lookup for my local guide, and am now getting this message:

successfully contacted replay. isn: 00004-74651-68482 ip: 76.171.xxx.xx port: 7777 nickname: jas dva.

So this is a step in the right direction.

I am still showing this message under my send updates:

Sent 0 MB of 848 MB (0.0%)
(last update 04/05/2007 7:45 pm)

I haven't heard back yet from the person receiving this show, whether or not they've received anything from me.

Anything other advice you might have would be appreciated. Thanks!
sanjonny
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you run a manual update of your local guide so it is now updated and if so, did it work?

I think since the transfer was started when you were having issues, it probably will never accurately reflect the transfer status. Send me a private message with the isn of one of your real replays and I can send you a short file to track the progress.
JohninLA
Replay newbie
Replay newbie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks sanjonny, I had manually deleted the shows, and Poopli updated properly. I'll have to download another show to see if this part is working properly.

I contacted the person who requested the show, and the transfer never started. I still am not able to share shows from my DVA folder. I have no problem tracking transfer progress from my "real" replays, it's only the "virtual" replay transfers from my local guide that won't send, and show a constant "0%" transfer.
sanjonny
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to think way back, there might be something in ivsm that sends from the virtual will not track, but receives will or something like that. You might do a search and see what has been discussed.

Happy easter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: