Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sends and Receives Never Update

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mshell
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Sends and Receives Never Update Reply with quote

So I finally got IVSm working after giving up 6 months ago. No idea what I did differently this time but maybe the network stars were aligned in my favor.

Anyway, I can send, I can receive, I can download, move, etc. What I can't do is tell how far into any of those actions I am. No percentages appear when sending or receiving. Everything is working fine from both ends but the % don't update.

Is this a normal problem that I haven't found in the stickeys? Could someone point me to the resolution?

Thanks.
MaxH

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happens when the ports are not forwarded correctly or the send does not originate from IVSm. So,

1) did you send the shows from IVSm? Are you sure they've been accepted? I'll e-mail you an ISN of mine you can use for test sends.

2) are the Replay's IVS ports forwarded to the IVSm computer's IP, and then are those ports correctly listed in the "replays" section of IVSm? If you need to make any changes to the Replays in IVSm, don't forget that you will need to use the "update system configuration" and then the "restart ivsmagic service" links in the "replays" section for them to take effect.

One person's trash really can be another person's treasure. The Freecycle Network(tm).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
scooby42
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: send and receive % do not update Reply with quote

Are there any other reasons for the sends and receives to not update. I have recently reinstalled IVSmagic and ever since, while I can send via IVSmagic, the send% or receive% is always listed as 0%.

I think my ports and port forwarding are correctly configured.

Where is the "update system configuration" and "restart ivsmagic service" links in the "replay" section. FOr that matter, where is this "replay" section you talk about?

Thanks

sundance41
MaxH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be under "progress" and above "address book" on any IVSm web interface page. If you don't see that link, we've got much more serious problems to fix first.

One person's trash really can be another person's treasure. The Freecycle Network(tm).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
scooby42
Replay user
Replay user

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay, found the update and restart, however, i still do not think the update is working
any suggestion other than just reinstalling?

thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: