Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Black screen MPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> MPEG Editing / DVD Creation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonthomasfrance
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:33 am    Post subject: Black screen MPG Reply with quote

I think this might be a codec issue, but thought I'd ask...

I've recorded several shows with my 5504. Using DVArchive V3.2 I've exported them to my computer. Half the time I can open the MPG with Windows Media Player, the other half the screen is black (but sound works). When I open the MPG files with Media Player Classic 6.4.8.6 the files play fine.

When I open the files with ReVue 1.1a3 they play black as well. It seems touch or go... Maybe the difference from recording in High vs Standard quality on replaytv?

Point is I would like to edit the commercials out, but I can't if I can't see the picture in ReVue. I've retried just Create New Video and hope it mixes it correctly... But still black screen...
Rao74311
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sounds like a codec issue to me as well. Do you have any codec packs installed on your system? The majority of those packs are bloated and install useless and sometimes harmful codecs. If you have any installed I'd uninstall them and use CCCP. That's my filter pack of choice. I'd also suggest you download and run the Insurgent as well and run it before you install the filter pack(assuming you choose to go that route)to help clean up leftover junk.
jasonthomasfrance
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a K-Lite fan and tend to use GSpot to find the problems. But Since its working with Media Player Classic I figure it's got to be something with the MPG being decoded by ReVue and Media Player... They play "normal" MPEG-2 just fine...
Rao74311
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K-lite is one of the bloated ones I was referring to, it installs redundant decoders. But to each his own. Sounds like all you need is the proper mpeg2 decoder installed/re-installed which, IMO, would be Gabtest's MPV decoder. If that is included in your k-Lite pack then a re-install might clear up the problem.

Last edited by Rao74311 on Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
jasonthomasfrance
Just looking around
Just looking around

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. It was the codec. Funny the high res mpgs would play but the standard mpgs wouldn't (encoded high/std on replaytv). I did a reinstall and everything was fine
Rao74311
Replay junkie
Replay junkie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good deal.
sanjonny
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Revue doesn't seem to work properly (or most of the rtvtools) with the upgrades to windows media player. If you are running wmp above about version 8, revue will not work properly. It will work but audio is usually unsynched or near the end of the recording it will have bunches of issues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> MPEG Editing / DVD Creation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: