Planet Replay Forum Index Planet Replay
The Destination for ReplayTV Owners and TV Enthusiasts
Back to the home page

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   7 days of topics7 Days  30 days of topics30 Days  MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transfer problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scallica
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Transfer problems Reply with quote

I followed these instructions carefully. When I start a transfer from the loopback section of IVSm, then accept the transfer on my RTV, the transfer sits for about 5 minutes then fails. The error on the RTV says "Experiencing Network Errors. You may want to check your Internet connection".

Any suggestions on what to check?
nded
Planet Master
Planet Master

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For starters, you will get better results if you can put your question in an appropriate thread, or start a new one..... I can assure you that your post (and my witty response) will be moved or deleted by one of the moderators. After your question gets moved to the right place, try being more specific with your situation description. Tell us what version of IVSmagic you're using, and exactly what steps you have taken. Depending on which version you're using, the answer to the problem will be different.
MaxH

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this is not a comment on or contribution to Nded's guide, but a separate problem seeking an answer, I've split it off into its own thread.

One person's trash really can be another person's treasure. The Freecycle Network(tm).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Scallica
Almost hooked

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using 0.9.8.13. My router is 192.168.33.1. My PC is 192.168.33.100. My RTV is 192.168.33.200. My router has TCP ports 29000, 29200, 29500 forwarded to my PC. IVSm is configured to listen on these ports as well.

In IVSm, I click on Loopback Send, click on a show, then click "Send Show". The show immediately appears in my RTV Received category. When I hit accept, the transfer stays at 0.
na9d

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, let's start with what your Replay's are getting for an IP address when looking up your ISNs.

You need to make sure with a loopback send that the IP addresses that get resolved for an ISN is a LOCAL IP and not your WAN IP. I've not messed with it yet, but the latest version of IVSM has a feature where you can update the RDDNS servers with your LAN IP so that you can do local sends. This will prohibit WAN sends/receives from occuring until the servers are re-updated. Have you done this update? If you look up your ISN from one of the ISN lookup tools - what comes back as the IP? Is it in the 192.168.33.xxx range? Or is it another range...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Planet Replay Forum Index -> IVSmagic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: